Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Are people concerned about Dustys off field situation with his Dad being deported. Is this going to affect his scoring or will he just carry on as normal.
I would think it would have minimal effect on him. Business as usual although you would be hoping for a bit more than he scored in rd 1 last year.

Reactions: lenny

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Lids and Bennell out for R1 seems Dusty or Barlow now to me, strong lean to the latter at this point.

Reactions: Prospector

currymunchers

Premiership Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
Melbourne
The boys on DT Talk chatted to Nick Maxwell in their podcast today. He's part of the leadership program at GWS these days and interestingly he mentioned Greene might be used for lockdown roles at stages (even if it's just for a quarter or two) during the season. Not sure how much weight to attach to it but thought it might be of interest to some people on here who have asked about him.

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London
The boys on DT Talk chatted to Nick Maxwell in their podcast today. He's part of the leadership program at GWS these days and interestingly he mentioned Greene might be used for lockdown roles at stages (even if it's just for a quarter or two) during the season. Not sure how much weight to attach to it but thought it might be of interest to some people on here who have asked about him.

Are we really going to listen to a bloke who base his playing career on spoiling marks?!! #thefist ✊

Reactions: smirski

ThE CaKe

Feb 17, 2016
Hey guys, first time on forum and just wanted to get opinions of Greene vs Hall. Didn't get the chance to watch any of the nab games this year, so finding it hard to judge based on gameplay. Currently I have Dusty, Barlow and Greene. Would it be risky to switch Dusty for Hall?

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London
Dusty is quality and will finish top 6 again so hard to leave him out. I prefer Hall to Greene simply because his role seems more defined at this stage. Injuries mean that he'll get a good run at it too.

Reactions: alman

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Interesting listening to Nick Maxwell (backline coach at GWS) saying he'd pick Devon Smith over Greene in Fantasy.

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
I played cricket against Devon Smith once, he was given out caught behind on about 20 and refused to walk off and for some reason he was allowed to continue batting. He went on to make 150 in a 50 over game. Shit bloke wouldn't give him the satisfaction of having him in my supercoach side.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Corey Ellis named in the centre square and Menadue on the bench.

Tempted to take the punt on Ellis, only $193k and was a high draft pick so must have a bit of talent. Thoughts?

Reactions: Prospector

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Corey Ellis named in the centre square and Menadue on the bench.

Tempted to take the punt on Ellis, only $193k and was a high draft pick so must have a bit of talent. Thoughts?
Very talented and skilful. Depending on which other rookies are named, we may end up taking both of them.

Reactions: TwentyThree

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Opening day jitters...

After listening to the podcast this morning, I'm very strongly considering ditching Dusty and upgrading a rookie mid to a premo. Currently have both Kerridge and Kennedy in the mids with Mills at M5. Would love to move him down to 6. I've been settled for the best part of a week but Dusty is really starting to concern me. I know he will be top 6 but also pretty confident we could get him at 500-520k pretty early on. Decisions decisions!

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Opening day jitters...

After listening to the podcast this morning, I'm very strongly considering ditching Dusty and upgrading a rookie mid to a premo
The other day I ditched Dusty for Selwood to make the mids a bit deeper

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
Opening day jitters...

After listening to the podcast this morning, I'm very strongly considering ditching Dusty and upgrading a rookie mid to a premo. Currently have both Kerridge and Kennedy in the mids with Mills at M5. Would love to move him down to 6. I've been settled for the best part of a week but Dusty is really starting to concern me. I know he will be top 6 but also pretty confident we could get him at 500-520k pretty early on. Decisions decisions!

I think that move would pay off. Generally Dusty is known the throw the odd shocker in here or there so I'm absolutely certain you will get hime on the cheap. Not to mention the value is in the fwd line this year IMO. I think 3 rookie mids on field is too much of a risk. I've decided to start without Dusty this year for the first time in ages, only because I see a lot of value in the fwd line and the midfield rookies aren't exactly enticing to start on field.

Reactions: Steve