Forwards 2016

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Seems pretty crazy to say, but Deledio looks like he'll be a POD, I'm happy to have Lids, Martin, Barlow then Wells as my top 4 forwards

Lids averaged 115 if you take out his injury game and 119 if you take out his return from injury. I would be insane to expect him to continue on that, but to be in the top 3 forwards isn't a crazy expectation at all. I am looking at him like I'm looking at Shaw, I don't like many of the 500k+ forwards, just like I don't like many of the 500k+ forwards down back either, which means a lot of people will be taking players like Buddy, Sam Gray, Greene, Hall, Stringer... From what I've seen Deledio looks like he'll be just as big a POD as they are, and without even half the risk

I don't mind if Lids drops 5 points in average, especially if not many of the Buddy, Gray, Greene, Hall and Stringer type picks work out (which I don't expect them to)

I know he gets those "Niggling injuries", but Shaw is much more prone to injury than Deledio, Lids isn't getting tagged anymore and playing forward he can afford to play with little injuries and still go well... Interchange coming down, potentially helps Lids as he's a gun rotating forward+mid

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Seems pretty crazy to say, but Deledio looks like he'll be a POD, I'm happy to have Lids, Martin, Barlow then Wells as my top 4 forwards
You make some good points. Same price as Shaw and every chance to average more and score more. A bit overpriced but probably the safest forward line pick to finish top three.

Reactions: M4TT B8S

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Lids kinda screws my byes, that's the only downside... All them R13 bye players, I need more R14 byes, I'm weak with premiums in round 13 and 15 at the moment

Reactions: Prospector

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015

Lids averaged 115 if you take out his injury game and 119 if you take out his return from injury. I would be insane to expect him to continue on that, but to be in the top 3 forwards isn't a crazy expectation at all. I am looking at him like I'm looking at Shaw, I don't like many of the 500k+ forwards, just like I don't like many of the 500k+ forwards down back either, which means a lot of people will be taking players like Buddy, Sam Gray, Greene, Hall, Stringer... From what I've seen Deledio looks like he'll be just as big a POD as they are, and without even half the risk

I don't mind if Lids drops 5 points in average, especially if not many of the Buddy, Gray, Greene, Hall and Stringer type picks work out (which I don't expect them to)

I know he gets those "Niggling injuries", but Shaw is much more prone to injury than Deledio, Lids isn't getting tagged anymore and playing forward he can afford to play with little injuries and still go well... Interchange coming down, potentially helps Lids as he's a gun rotating forward+mid

This is the kinda stuff that makes this forum great...

Reactions: cactus

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
This is the kinda stuff that makes this forum great...
Stuff like this makes you rethink everything. It means going away from cookie cutter lineups which is generally a good thing.

Reactions: doddy2731

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Lids - came in for his share of criticism in his early years but has worked his way up to being a fantastic footy player - plus he seems like a real gentleman - it is a real pleasure to barrack for him week in week out whether he is in my SC team or not.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
I'm not picking this guy obviously, but maybe for a draft side. Boomer Harvey averaged 95-96 last year if you take out 2 sub games, doesn't get tagged anymore, I think he could post another solid 95-100 average this year... The way I see it is he's just as risky as Hall, Buddy, Stringer, Devon Smith, Greene, Sam Gray... Probably slightly less upside but definitely worth a look for a draft team if you want to fill the forwardline late

Reactions: Tevez17

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
I considered lids but with dusty in my fwds along with hall and my hope he is a keeper i cant afford the third r13 prem forward. I dont know about everyone else but this year i had my bye structure in place and picked my team accordingly. Obviously not as an unbreakable rule as i have deviated but adapted through mpp use and "future" trading preliminary list to meet it pretty much. The points are what matters and with a sliding cost scale for player costings i think if your ROI for say aaron hall vs deledio is better %wise and the dollars saved at the start give you the ability to use them somewhere else to enable a "better/higher scoring" player then you end up in front and you are spreading the risk over two players instead of 1, ie lids starts season below par for $ spent.
So in essence like lids, but see more value in hall which in turn gives me a luke parker / rocky at M4 or even M5 possibly.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I don't hate the Lids pick. He's only averaged over 105 in a season twice, but with Dusty needing attention and Cotchin being taggable, then Lids can sometimes be forgotten about. Personally he would still be the one I'd tag though because he can have the biggest impact. He's not as much of a POD either with nearly 10% ownership and at a full-price I can't fit him into my structure.

Not a forward, but if you want a POD from Richmond consider Brandon Ellis. 5th season, increased average each year, not going to be tagged. Could take it to the next level this year. In less than 1% of teams. Hasn't drawn much attention in NAB so far. On my watchlist...

Reactions: camloch

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
I don't hate the Lids pick. He's only averaged over 105 in a season twice, but with Dusty needing attention and Cotchin being taggable, then Lids can sometimes be forgotten about. Personally he would still be the one I'd tag though because he can have the biggest impact. He's not as much of a POD either with nearly 10% ownership and at a full-price I can't fit him into my structure.
didn't realise he was so popular, don't think I've seen him in any teams at all... Might be shit teams that have him though, so should still a POD in the top 1-5%

as you said only averaged over 105 twice but that was as a midfielder being tagged every week. I wouldn't tag Lids, he's a fulltime forward now.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
im picking up lids as an upgrade target before the byes.

I have currently Barlow, Greene, Lecras as my prem fwds

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
im picking up lids as an upgrade target before the byes.

I have currently Barlow, Greene, Lecras as my prem fwds
LeCras? Bold move. He has never averaged at an acceptable keeper level in 10-12 seasons of football played. Also he is made of peanut brittle.

currymunchers

Premiership Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
Melbourne
I'm also very keen on starting Lids. As @M4TT B8S mentioned, he averaged 119 without his injury affected and return games. Even if he drops that by 10-15 he will likely be in the top 3 forwards. If it doesn't drop then you'll have an excellent POD pumping out gun scores each week. I love watching him play and it was painful going the whole year without him. Would need to see him play next week to keep him in my team though, given he is 600k and has had some issues in the last 2 seasons

Reactions: M4TT B8S

Shinboner

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 19, 2016
Loved riding the Lids train last year but at full price and with greenes form on the weekend I'm thinking about taking this risk on him rather than lids

Samboy

Feb 28, 2016
Martin, Barow, Stringer and Wells are all locks for me..
Two mid pricers (risks) Stringer will be spending more time in the guts and Wells I've had every year (He has to give me some return sooner or later)
Rookies yet to be decided
All forwards discussion in here.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
LeCras? Bold move. He has never averaged at an acceptable keeper level in 10-12 seasons of football played. Also he is made of peanut brittle.
Yeah looking at Lecca, Hall and Robbo as F3 atm

GMAT

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Mar 3, 2016
Two mid pricers (risks) Stringer will be spending more time in the guts and Wells I've had every year (He has to give me some return sooner or later)
I feel Stringer a bit of a risk yes he has potential to go big but can go missing just as quick. Being a dogs fan I love watching him but no for my sc

Reactions: Fbdonkey

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Barlow and Wells are definitely locks. Never 100% sure with Martin and what he will do.

Definitely have Lids and Martin as top 5 fwds but can never start a SC season with them in the team

Reactions: The Kraken