Machineman

Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Mar 10, 2016
Has anyone got pro's/cons on Jack Martin? I haven't read anything on him yet.

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
The Chad went past 100 in 11 of the last 16 games last year, with another score of 99 and two in the 80's. Played pretty deep in an average side. I don't think he'll let you down.

Jack Martin...if only he could stay on the park. He'll be a brilliant pick one day. Just wanna see a consistent stretch first.

Shinboner

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 19, 2016
whats everyone thinking on Toby Greene??
Really tempted.
Will be watching closely this week. If he gets midfield time in the main season he has the potential to hit beast mode.
Risky but a lot of upside

Reactions: Brad

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Really tempted.
Will be watching closely this week. If he gets midfield time in the main season he has the potential to hit beast mode.
Risky but a lot of upside
I got him in 2014 just as he started his insane run of averaging 128 over the last 7 games. I had him for 6 of those and he won me a few finals and leagues. He is obviously value if he can do that again. But so is Hall. I'm not sure you can go wrong with either of them, both risky but massive upside.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
I know there were a couple of coaches interested in Edwards. Poor bugger has a suspected broken collarbone.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Menadue doing himself no harm. With other Tigers dropping like flies, he seems assured of a fair bit of game time going forward.

Reactions: Prospector

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Doesn't look like he'll get a lot of fit and not contested but does seem to use it quite well

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Has anyone got pro's/cons on Jack Martin? I haven't read anything on him yet.
Love the guy.
Can do anything but still fragile in body.

Last edited:

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
I was super keen on Sammy Gray as a smokey early, then he drifted out of my consideration by the start of NAB (was convinced of the downside by guys on the forum... Very valid points still) but I saw his good efforts 1st NAB, ignored it because it was in a weak midfield, 2nd NAB was an OK score of 80, but 3 free kicks against dropped that score hard, and dramatically more handballs than he usually has.

He's lead the clearances for Port in every single NAB game so far. Ball magnet in the SANFL and I really rate him to average 100+

Greene will be the main guy fighting to stop me picking Gray, but I'm very keen on Sammy.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
I was super keen on Sammy Gray as a smokey early, then he drifted out of my consideration by the start of NAB (was convinced of the downside by guys on the forum... Very valid points still) but I saw his good efforts 1st NAB, ignored it because it was in a weak midfield, 2nd NAB was an OK score of 80, but 3 free kicks against dropped that score hard, and dramatically more handballs than he usually has.

He's lead the clearances for Port in every single NAB game so far. Ball magnet in the SANFL and I really rate him to average 100+

Greene will be the main guy fighting to stop me picking Gray, but I'm very keen on Sammy.
Ditto, Matt.
Liked him as a smokey due to SANFL form and last few games in 2015.
NAB form just confirms that. Played as a full-time mid. Only real knock is disposal but CP and clearances really good, as is DT/SC ratio.
Locked in my team after tonight. Yes, Tigers not good but it is his role that has convinced me.

Reactions: M4TT B8S

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Lids 43% gametime and 60 points, that's with no clearances and playing forward. If anything people will get off him, got a knock on the jaw, doesn't bother me, showed yet again he scores pretty well with little/no midfield time and limited preseason.

It's harder to get Gray than I thought. 130k less and I wouldn't know what to do with it. Only thing I can think of is Rich down back, but I prefer Rich+Lids than Rance+Gray (for example)

Reactions: currymunchers

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Lids 43% gametime and 60 points, that's with no clearances and playing forward. If anything people will get off him, got a knock on the jaw, doesn't bother me, showed yet again he scores pretty well with little/no midfield time and limited preseason.

Cheers for the match info may hold tight, i could be a bit leaner in the middle if i keep him but hey must take a risk somewhere why not there.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne

It's harder to get Gray than I thought. 130k less and I wouldn't know what to do with it. Only thing I can think of is Rich down back, but I prefer Rich+Lids than Rance+Gray (for example)
What do you think about downgrading Dusty to Gray? Dusty is a solid forward line pick but at his price might not be essential to start with?

My nagging worry with Gray is that I'm pretty sure I told myself I wouldn't be influenced by NAB form of players (apart from rooks and assessing the fitness of people coming back from injury). And if Gray had put in a sub par NAB would I be considering him ... despite all that I'm a bit tempted ... everyone keeps saying that Port have a soft draw and I have zero Port players at the mo.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
What do you think about downgrading Dusty to Gray? Dusty is a solid forward line pick but at his price might not be essential to start with?

My nagging worry with Gray is that I'm pretty sure I told myself I wouldn't be influenced by NAB form of players (apart from rooks and assessing the fitness of people coming back from injury). And if Gray had put in a sub par NAB would I be considering him ... despite all that I'm a bit tempted ... everyone keeps saying that Port have a soft draw and I have zero Port players at the mo.
to be honest their draw isn't mega soft. It''s soft if they get back to 2014 form, but based off 2015 they could have some tough games. The teams they play twice are Adelaide, Richmond, GWS, Melbourne and Brisbane Lions

They don't play any top 4 side twice but Adelaide, Richmond and GWS I'd probably rate higher than Port. Especially if Lobbe isn't going well

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015

I think he's better for his price than Deledio is... I started without Dusty last year, had Bennell instead and it burned. I see value in Dusty, think he'll match Lids this year so if it's out of those two for who to drop for Gray then it'll be Deledio

I have calmed down a little on Gray since I initially saw his performance hahaha. Think I was a little excited, I won't try to push my team into a structure for one player, Greene has more history of the high end scoring and probably more reason to increase midfield time. Won't be pushed into a different structure to get him though if I still don't know what to do with the money (160k if I go down to Greene)