Tour de France

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
OK. Just went back to the Leagues page and it's not blank anymore. Noticed that in the top league all but one team had stage one as their bonus stage. They won't be there long.

Welcome to Lou.

I don't know if this is happening to anyone else but when I go to transfer riders the system has problems.
I can remove a rider without difficulty but when I click on his replacement the system seems to think I have a full team. I have to refresh the page before I can add the new rider.
Have you tried hitting select rider in the blank position before selecting replacement?

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
I'm going
Kittel/Cavendish out; Alaphilippe/Van Avermaet in.
Why?
Uphill sprint finish and neither Kittel nor Cav are too good at those.
Finish suits Alaphilippe and Van Avermaet and they are, or should be, targeting this stage for a win.
Then I'll transfer Kittel/Cav back in before stage 3 as stages 3-4 are for the pure sprinters.
That leaves me 4 transfers for stages 5-7.

I personally wouldn't bother transferring Sky until the trade amnesty, keffa. Team points aren't worth the trade. Unless you need the Euros to upgrade a rider.

Reactions: keffa and doddy2731

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I'm going
Kittel/Cavendish out; Alaphilippe/Van Avermaet in.
Why?
Uphill sprint finish and neither Kittel nor Cav are too good at those.
Finish suits Alaphilippe and Van Avermaet and they are, or should be, targeting this stage for a win.
Then I'll transfer Kittel/Cav back in before stage 3 as stages 3-4 are for the pure sprinters.
That leaves me 4 transfers for stages 5-7.

I personally wouldn't bother transferring Sky until the trade amnesty, keffa. Team points aren't worth the trade. Unless you need the Euros to upgrade a rider.
My trades will be similar, due to those exact reasons.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
OK. Just went back to the Leagues page and it's not blank anymore. Noticed that in the top league all but one team had stage one as their bonus stage. They won't be there long.

Welcome to Lou.

I don't know if this is happening to anyone else but when I go to transfer riders the system has problems.
I can remove a rider without difficulty but when I click on his replacement the system seems to think I have a full team. I have to refresh the page before I can add the new rider.

I know a few of us used Stage 1 as our bonus, but if there's extra bonus points on offer later for the league, that's great for us for O/A

Grater

Development Coach
Jul 4, 2015
I did Kittel to Alaphillipe and Greipel to Tom Dumoulin

Hoping Dumoulin takes yellow! Was going to take Van Avermaet but everyone else will be taking him so want to be different. Obviously will trade those two back out unless one takes yellow in which case, I need to find a way for Greipel and Kittel to come back in.

Grater

Development Coach
Jul 4, 2015
I know a few of us used Stage 1 as our bonus, but if there's extra bonus points on offer later for the league, that's great for us for O/A

I used stage 18 as my bonus, as did someone else in this leauge. Someone also used stage 17.

Stage 18 was a no brainer for me. Uphill time trial, category 1, the GC riders will already be in the team anyway as a mountain time trial is for the GC riders.

Reactions: doddy2731

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
I used stage 18 as my bonus, as did someone else in this leauge. Someone also used stage 17.

Stage 18 was a no brainer for me. Uphill time trial, category 1, the GC riders will already be in the team anyway as a mountain time trial is for the GC riders.
Amen, Grater. It is I.
No team points in the TT but the odds that anyone but the main GC contenders finish top 5 are pretty slim. And we should already have those in our teams.
Plus, there is no chance of a break-away making it to the finish and taking the points from the GC guys. [This happened on my bonus stage last year.]
There is a (slim) chance that a pure climber might win it but they usually aren't fast uphill and usually need a longer climb to come in to their own.

Just on the GC in the TT: apparently Quintana has a new TT bike which he has been riding a couple of hours every day. He's not got a good record in TTs but he won the TT in the Route de Sud and his practice appears to be paying off.

Grater

Development Coach
Jul 4, 2015
The other good thing about the mountain TT is that you don't need to be a good TT rider to win a mountain TT either. It's about climbing ability.

Fitzroy Guerrilla

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 27, 2015
Richmond
Looks like the mobile site has shat itself. Can't do trades on it and it is not framing correctly on a mobile device.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Agreed. Tonight is perfect for Sagan. I really like him.
Apart from the pure mountain stages he's always a good chance - probably the best all-round cyclist - and he always puts himself in the mix, not relying on others to do the work for him. Yesterday was a good example: he's not got the pure speed of the top sprinters but he took his chance and almost grabbed the stage,

Reactions: Prospector

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane