Round 6 trades...... Fyfe to ???

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
They both had injuries and circumstances against them. Its like saying Gaz wasn't a top 10 scorer last year. But we've all still got him.

I'm not going Pendles (yet) because a 130 against Essendon proves nothing. He looks more like averaging 105 than 115 at the moment. If he hits some form I'm happy to pay a little extra as safety. Priddis is the same. He's missed a week with injury and had 2 shockers either side of his week off. Is there more to it? Is there something they haven't made public?

After this trade I have 2 upgrades left in my mids. But I'm comfortable knowing I've got probably the top 3 mids locked away and the rest can prove their case to find a way into my side.
R u going Selwood???

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
R u going Selwood???
Had him from the start. With Danger. In years past, it never stopped me getting Pendles and Swan, or JPK and Hanners. This is no different. My Geelong bias may or may not have played a part.

Fwiw I think I will end up with Parker too, making my first 5 mids : Gaz, Danger, Selwood, Hanners and Parker.

Reactions: M4TT B8S

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Had him from the start. With Danger. In years past, it never stopped me getting Pendles and Swan, or JPK and Hanners. This is no different. My Geelong bias may or may not have played a part.

Fwiw I think I will end up with Parker too, making my first 5 mids : Gaz, Danger, Selwood, Hanners and Parker.
I started Danger+Selwood, considering bringing in two Sydney mids this week... With certain teams I think it's acceptable to have 2 midfielders from them, wouldn't go to three though

Reactions: Steve

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
I have R Gray and Fyfe. Do I make the double mid upgrade or do the Fyfe, hold R Gray. Have around 130K in the bank. Not sure.

Reactions: cactus

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015

Nice. If I do the Fyfe to Murphy trade I'll have Danger, GAZ, Parker, Pendles, Murphy, Libba, Mills, Bennedy.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Now i am wondering if i should just hold this week and wait for 2M Peter, Smith, Cox, Lee, Tucker and co to play their 2nd game

Reactions: GeoffMack

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
Now i am wondering if i should just hold this week and wait for 2M Peter, Smith, Cox, Lee, Tucker and co to play their 2nd game
Be careful with 2M Peter. Is a key position fwd. ain't gonna get 140s each week!!

Ramjets

Patron '20
Feb 5, 2016
thoughts on Rory Sloane as a replacement for Fyfe? been a little down to start the year but has massive upside, crows look really good someone has to score the points there
Sloane is a gun but I'd be slightly concerned bringing in a player that relies heavily on the contested side of the game to generate points. With stoppages down so markedly this year, I think we're already seeing a drop off in scoring for the pure inside midfielders like JPK, Priddis, Rocky and perhaps to lesser extent Sloane and Pendles. In my opinion, mids with a good mix of inside and out, Hanners, Parker, Selwood, Shuey, are better options.

Reactions: Machineman

zac

Apr 8, 2016
Any suggestions on who I should get in my mid as an upgrade will have 669k to spend was thinking Sloane, jelwood or viney but I don't know who to pick any suggestions?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    240 KB · Views: 5

kinggo

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 27, 2015
Any suggestions on who I should get in my mid as an upgrade will have 669k to spend was thinking Sloane, jelwood or viney but I don't know who to pick any suggestions?
Who are you looking to upgrade? I would be prioritising another line to upgrade with the strength of midfield you already have. No point trading out Mills yet and no sense in having him on the pine either.

zac

Apr 8, 2016
Who are you looking to upgrade? I would be prioritising another line to upgrade with the strength of midfield you already have. No point trading out Mills yet and no sense in having him on the pine either.
Well I'm not sure yet I may put shaw down back and I don't know who to get up forward cause there is not that many cheap forwards but i am just gonna upgrade menadue or Harwood

Unforgiven

Patron '18
Patron '19
May 14, 2015

I'd go Selwood. The most proven of those guys.

Don't mind Sloane as a POD as he has the high scoring history/potential but Adelaide's draw worries me.

zac

Apr 8, 2016
I'd go Selwood. The most proven of those guys.

Don't mind Sloane as a POD as he has the high scoring history/potential but Adelaide's draw worries me.
Even thinking about Simpson for my backline to boost that up and waiting for Selwood next week but I dunno

Unforgiven

Patron '18
Patron '19
May 14, 2015
What's the general consensus on Parker?

I don't have him, and I'm not really considering him. Having a great year, though doesn't have a history of 100+ scores. Whilst he's averaging 125 I just can't see him averaging 120+, I say he's ceiling is closer to 110 for the year given the ridiculous depth of Sydney's team/midfield.

Am I crazy for not strongly considering Parker? Realistically my only argument for bringing him in is to negate the 24% of teams that have him as a POD against me. Of course I can gamble and go a Pendles (or Hannebery, etc) to outscore him vs remainder of season. Thoughts?

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
That's exactly what ill be doing too, I took a risk not trading Crouch so I cant carry another injury. I wish I had just gone Parker in the first place would have saved me 80k
how i wish i went parker from rocky aswell damn it grey

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015

I don't have him, and I'm not really considering him. Having a great year, though doesn't have a history of 100+ scores. Whilst he's averaging 125 I just can't see him averaging 120+, I say he's ceiling is closer to 110 for the year given the ridiculous depth of Sydney's team/midfield.

Am I crazy for not strongly considering Parker? Realistically my only argument for bringing him in is to negate the 24% of teams that have him as a POD against me. Of course I can gamble and go a Pendles (or Hannebery, etc) to outscore him vs remainder of season. Thoughts?

IF Parker has a clear run with injury he'll go close to 120 IMO, he has the game & the role for it.

Unforgiven

Patron '18
Patron '19
May 14, 2015
IF Parker has a clear run with injury he'll go close to 120 IMO, he has the game & the role for it.

I agree that he certainly has the game, he's such a dynamic player on the offensive side of his game.

I guess there is an argument that someone from Sydney will go 120+. The lack of scoring history is what scares me, but that's supercoach.... RiskReward.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong

That 24% is more likely to be 40% by this week. And it's a lot of the reason I'm bringing him in. Barring injury I see him averaging at least 115 with a drop off from Kennedy and Jack adding to his slice of the pie every week. I'm getting tired of watching him outscore my other mids every week. You have to ask yourself which 9 mids will average more than him from here? If you can't find 9 that you are certain will outscore him, then at 580k you have to have him.

Unforgiven

Patron '18
Patron '19
May 14, 2015
That 24% is more likely to be 40% by this week. And it's a lot of the reason I'm bringing him in. Barring injury I see him averaging at least 115 with a drop off from Kennedy and Jack adding to his slice of the pie every week. I'm getting tired of watching him outscore my other mids every week. You have to ask yourself which 9 mids will average more than him from here? If you can't find 9 that you are certain will outscore him, then at 580k you have to have him.

I think the prevailing logic you've got here is the overwhelming value he presents. Even at $580k say he has an 'underwhelming' rest of season and averages 110, that's still a great result. I'm ranked quite well and haven't really been bothered by having him, but to maintain that rank I think getting on-board him to negate everyone else is going to be what makes me bring him in.

Thanks for your input mate.