Round 6 trades...... Fyfe to ???

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Hi guys, what are people thinking of doing about Alex Rance? I'm considering benching him for 2 weeks but that would be painful. I wonder if DBJ is an OK replacement on field (had him on the bench last week... oops?
Hold. Might be different if it was an injury that could become 3-4 weeks but with a suspension you know he'll be back after 2 and looking to make amends. If you have DBJ on the bench he looks like perfect cover. The trade might only save you 50-100 points over the next couple of weeks if DBJ keeps up his current form and that trade may be worth triple that or more later in the year.

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
i am seriously toying with the idea of weitering to k simpson
Is it worth trading B.Kennedy out to bring in Petracca or Keays? Or wait a week or two? Just thinking there might be a few more good rookies to bring in over the next couple of weeks so it might be worth making the move now.

Currently at 26 trades
i would leave it
i would hate for one of them two get dropped or injured before they make any cash
wait till on the bubble

Reactions: simon87

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
R5 2168
26 trades left
$43000 in bank

Traded Menadue -> Danger, Milera -> DBJ (swing tippa fwd)

Banked Dangers 137 and dodged the fyfe bullet!

Now the big question is what to do with Fyfe. There alot of options, most obvious is Hannebery, basically a injury sideways as it nets me only $4k. Do i just do it and move on OR
Consider Fyfe to Murphy pocket $180k
Then either hold for upgrade downgrade next week with $227k in kitty to grab a fallen premo like Robbie Gray or trade Dea or Bennedy for a rookie generate a war chest to attack fallen premos next 2-3 weeks.

Is it foolish???

Gray in 2 weeks look tasty so need cash in bank.

1sdyzl.jpg

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
Wow, I need some advice this week. $127k left. Fyfe & Gray out. What's the best trade(s) this week.

DEF: Shaw, Rich, Seedsman, Byrne-Jones, Weitering, Adams / Dea, Brown
MID: Ablett, Danger, Fyfe, R Gray, Libba, Kerridge, Priddis, Mills / Hewett, Oliver, Davis
RUC: Gawn, Nat
FWD: D Martin, Wells, Barlow, A Hall, B Kennedy, Tippa / L McCarthy, Menadue

Shinboner

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 19, 2016
Anyone got the good oil on Robbie Gray.
PA website saying he injured his hammy at training on Wednesday.

Any info on this injury?
Tightness?
3-4 week job or more?

Ahhhhh worst year ever. Nothing going right

Reactions: GeoffMack

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Anyone got the good oil on Robbie Gray.
PA website saying he injured his hammy at training on Wednesday.

Any info on this injury?
Tightness?
3-4 week job or more?

Ahhhhh worst year ever. Nothing going right

1 Week they are saying

Reactions: Shinboner

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
R5 2168
26 trades left
$43000 in bank

Traded Menadue -> Danger, Milera -> DBJ (swing tippa fwd)

Banked Dangers 137 and dodged the fyfe bullet!

Now the big question is what to do with Fyfe. There alot of options, most obvious is Hannebery, basically a injury sideways as it nets me only $4k. Do i just do it and move on OR
Consider Fyfe to Murphy pocket $180k
Then either hold for upgrade downgrade next week with $227k in kitty to grab a fallen premo like Robbie Gray or trade Dea or Bennedy for a rookie generate a war chest to attack fallen premos next 2-3 weeks.

Is it foolish???

Gray in 2 weeks look tasty so need cash in bank.

1sdyzl.jpg

My 2 cents, you've got a good cookie cutter (mean it in a good way) midfield, unlike most who are just looking at cheap option when they talk PODs I reckon you actually have room for one, is Murphy the one to get? I'm not convinced but the work Bolton has done down there is such a short time is amazing & if it worked ou that he could average 110 from here it'd be the Jaws of shark moves!

& if you want you can go bang Dea up to a premo defender with the money saved.

Reactions: GeoffMack

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Wow, I need some advice this week. $127k left. Fyfe & Gray out. What's the best trade(s) this week.

DEF: Shaw, Rich, Seedsman, Byrne-Jones, Weitering, Adams / Dea, Brown
MID: Ablett, Danger, Fyfe, R Gray, Libba, Kerridge, Priddis, Mills / Hewett, Oliver, Davis
RUC: Gawn, Nat
FWD: D Martin, Wells, Barlow, A Hall, B Kennedy, Tippa / L McCarthy, Menadue

Pendles is ripe for the picking & Hanners is a great option, you've got you're Sloans and Selwoods if you want to live a little riskier

Hold Robbie he'll come good.

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
So is robbie gray gonna be back in 1-2 weeks or probally not?

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
I hope so, i'll hold this week i really don't wont to be using more trades.
Apparently port tweeted 2-3 weeks not sure if we are keeping him if its 3 weeks? hard call

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Pendles is ripe for the picking & Hanners is a great option, you've got you're Sloans and Selwoods if you want to live a little riskier

Hold Robbie he'll come good.
At this stage I've gone Fyfe to Sloane, but looking again now I think I'll reverse that as Sloane has only had 1 good game.

Hanners is probably a good option, but a popular choice.

Pendles I'm not convinced. I can't pick him off a sole big score against red and black witches hats. There was talk of his role being different, but I'm not 100% convinced it was. He still got most of his touches in the back half, it's just with the dominance of the Pies he got more disposals. He certainly didn't get more clearances or contested ball than he has in earlier games. I'd like to see another 120+ this week before I trust what Bucks is doing with him. For all we know, they'll be struggling moving the ball out of the back half this week and put him back again.

I think I'm actually going to go POD and bring in Titchell. 4 good games, 2 of them 125+. A single poor score of 71 where he got similar numbers to the other games but somehow had 7 clangers (4 FA) and half the number of tackles compared to usual. BE of 138 so might drop a little this week, but against the Lions he might make that and if he does drop it won't be much.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Feel bad for you guys with Gray.... just adds injury to insult.

2-3 weeks according to Vossy http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-04-...m=feed&utm_campaign=RSS+feed:+AFL+Latest+News
That makes it a tough call. He's dropped $50k and lots will be looking to bring him in after he returns and probably drops another $50-100k.

Do bear in mind that he was very injury-prone prior to 2014. He's had a good run since then, but something to think about.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Thinking outside the box and steer clear of the crowd atm.
Ziebell or Scotty T maybe my go to's.
Hey what else could happen?

luke394

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Apr 28, 2015
Geelong, VIC
I think Robbie Gray is now a trade, AFL 360 say 3 weeks and who knows with hamstrings why would they risk him if their season is screwed anyway. he's also at 550k and a break even of around 200 so is gonna leak heaps of $$$, can't go a month without a premium mid IMO you'll be way top far behind as the mid rooks to cover him really aren't good scorers e.g. hewett, menadue, davis etc. Hannebery is a great replacement or even selwood he's a proven gun. Parker is killing it and Sydney have lions, essendon & richmond next 3. Port absolutely suck so Gray's output will be less & don't think hell be a top 8 mid anyway. thoughts?

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
What is going on with Crouch?!? Last I heard he was a definite in... I know there is no point trading him out now I've had him riding the pine for 3 weeks already but it's bloody frustrating