Round 6 trades...... Fyfe to ???

Unforgiven

Patron '18
Patron '19
May 14, 2015
I am in this exact position. Gray is getting in the way of me moving on Sheridan who is absolutely stinking up my team.

My 2 cents - This all comes down to the age old question..."what is a trade worth." I think it's reasonable to suggest Gray when back and fit is a top 10 or so mid, close enough that he will potentially be a trade in target in a month or so when he bottoms out. So the only reason to trade is for the next 3 weeks or so of scoring.

Benching Grey for 3 weeks and playing a rookie (for me that's Hewitt or Davis) is probably a loss of ~60ppw.

Trading recoups that point loss and makes maybe 50-70k if I trade him back in later depending on how good he comes back.

So, Ultimately is a trade worth 50k and 180pts? I'm leaning pretty heavily to yes.

I'm more inclined to this way of thinking. I think holding onto Gray just 'costs' too much.

Gray I'll hold. Sheridan lives for another week but he's not losing any value so I'm Ok with that.

Can I ask the reasoning for Holding Gray? I'm interested as I'm in the same situation.

If Gray was 2 weeks I'd be more tempting to hold. Have you traded heavily to this point?

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I'm still considering Lonergan to Rich... I feel like it's somewhat sideways but Rich can average 90 and Lonergan has no hope. Lions have a cracking run after this week. They only play 5 teams that are real finals chances and 4 of them are at the Gabba. Its pretty tempting.

Reactions: captainchardonnay

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Also he's in a contract year/free agent. Meaning he'll be super motivated to prove his worth.
How often have we seen this situation go either way? Not sure if it is a strong indicator of potential.

Unforgiven

Patron '18
Patron '19
May 14, 2015
How often have we seen this situation go either way? Not sure if it is a strong indicator of potential.

Yeah that's true, but I think it's just another factor that has a positive contribution here.

You've got a 22 years old probably coming off a rookie contract + extension. This will be an opportunity for his first big contract (both length and dollars). It's not like we've got a 27/28 year old playing for their last big payday. He's also motivated to prove himself as a genuine AFL A grade mid.

As you said, can go either way. I just think in this situation it's a positive driver.

Reactions: Prospector

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
I'm more inclined to this way of thinking. I think holding onto Gray just 'costs' too much.

Can I ask the reasoning for Holding Gray? I'm interested as I'm in the same situation.

If Gray was 2 weeks I'd be more tempting to hold. Have you traded heavily to this point?

Plenty of trades left. My gut says he's half out for discipline reasons. The trade I would make for him is to Pendles but I'm not convinced after 1 game from him. Then if he is two weeks maybe 3, he'll be a POD for sure. So it's a few reasons.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Plenty of trades left. My gut says he's half out for discipline reasons. The trade I would make for him is to Pendles but I'm not convinced after 1 game from him. Then if he is two weeks maybe 3, he'll be a POD for sure. So it's a few reasons.
Gray won't be much of a POD though - he'll drop under $500k and everyone will be trading him in a few weeks from now. I haven't considered him at all, but at under $500k for a bloke who's averaged 110 the past 2 seasons it will be too much for me to resist.

As for Sheridan, I think you said he won't drop in value? A 43 this week with a BE of 87 will cost you at least $20-30k and his BE next week will be about the same :(

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Maybe. But those that trade will spend another trade to get him. I'm happy with that.

Sheridan is a bust though. Luck he's on my bench!

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
The voice of reason... :)

I think I will mate. Pendles suits my BYEs better (although this can be worked out over the next x rounds before the BYEs).

Geelong's run home looks tasty!

Lock it in M4TT B8S!
So far so good :D