Round 12 Trades

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
I think its blessing in disguise for Hall, still don't think he's right body wise go back get 40 touches in the low intensity Neafl, then have the bye off come back R14 with something to prove.

Trade to rocky is tempted though but would have me full "premo" without Hanners or Pendles.

Think i'll have to stick to my original plan of Tom Lee for Mitch Brown (boring)
Brown for Logan Austin? Lee job security major concern?

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Brown for Logan Austin? Lee job security major concern?
Saints defence injuries have added up in the last couple of weeks. Goddard was next in line then he went down too. Wouldnt surprise me if Lee got a good run at it now. Also wouldn't surprise me if he didn't make the 22.

Reactions: doddy2731

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
Currently torn over either Hall/Kennedy to Selwood/Rocky. Most likely BenKen unless he is out again.
I think most people will get Collins, looks like a real solid rookie.

Going for these guys over the byes, their prices should time nicely too:

13 - Ward
14 - Doch
15 - Boyd+Dahl

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
Also, would not be shocked if Hopper doesn't make the final team this week.

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
Oh man. The best laid plans go awry come Thursday team reveal. All my hard work in planning my trades thrown out the window! Don't think Bennedy will play. Hall out. I can hold both n play Crocker. Or trade Bennedy earlier than I liked. Hmmmm.

simon87

Aspiring Coach
Mar 12, 2016
Need some advice guys,
I'm stuck on what to do this week, I have 16 trades left with only 6k in the bank and my side is as follows:
DEF: Shaw, Laird, Docherty, Rich, Adams, McDonald-Tipungwuti, Byrne-Jones, Collins
MID: Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Hannebery, Ablett, R.Gray, Priddis, Liberatore, J.Smith, Gresham, Keays, Mathieson
RUCK: Goldstein, Natanaui, Goetz
FWD: Martin, Montagna, Barlow, Hall, Wells, Kerridge, Petraca, Menadue

Not sure whether there are any obvious players I should be moving on now?
Any advice would be appreciated!!

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Need some advice guys,
I'm stuck on what to do this week, I have 16 trades left with only 6k in the bank and my side is as follows:
DEF: Shaw, Laird, Docherty, Rich, Adams, McDonald-Tipungwuti, Byrne-Jones, Collins
MID: Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Hannebery, Ablett, R.Gray, Priddis, Liberatore, J.Smith, Gresham, Keays, Mathieson

All looks good Simon. No players really need to be moved on yet. Your bank is a little low heading into bye rounds, but you don't have many spots left to upgrade. The only thing I would look at is maybe Tippa to Lee.

Reactions: simon87

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
All looks good Simon. No players really need to be moved on yet. Your bank is a little low heading into bye rounds, but you don't have many spots left to upgrade. The only thing I would look at is maybe Tippa to Lee.
If you wanna go all out, I think if you go Tippa to Lee then you should have enough to cut Smith early and turn him into Rocky. That's only if you like living on the edge!

Reactions: simon87

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Need some advice guys,

Main weakness is bench cover for this week in the forwards. Remember Hall is a round 13 bye as well so won't play the next 2 weeks - up to you personally what you do with him, everyone has differing opinions. But, you probably can roll the dice for this week and just hold, especially given your cash stores won't allow an upgrade without using 2 trades.

You've got Smith and Gresham (maybe Kerridge too) who are round 13 byes to go out next week for some cash generation. Then aim to upgrade those last few spots post round 13.

Reactions: tiltraise

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
Teams have been announced - not sure what to do.
Byes Coming up. I have 18 trades and about $230k.

I am thinking:
1. M Brown > DPP Adams > Collins
2. Hewett > Rockliff or might even be able to go to a Pendles.
Any other options which look available to me?

Def: Shaw, Rich, Seedsman, Bartel, Tippa, Adams (O McDonald, D Tucker)
Mid: Danger, Priddis, R Gray, Ablett, Hannebury, Libba, Wells, Smith (Oliver, Hewett, D Macpherson)
Ruc: Gawn, Natanui, (Grimley)
Fwd: D Martin, Zorko, Montagna, Kerridge, A Hall, Barlow, (Petracca, Brown)

simon87

Aspiring Coach
Mar 12, 2016
Thanks mate, I didn't pick up that Lee was in with all their ins this week, good call tho I'll be bringing him in for Tippa. Only other player I was considering moving on is Hall but not sure!

simon87

Aspiring Coach
Mar 12, 2016
If you wanna go all out, I think if you go Tippa to Lee then you should have enough to cut Smith early and turn him into Rocky. That's only if you like living on the edge!
cheers mate, having been thinking about it, just been burnt a few too many times with Rocky! But obviously upside is huge. Really want to get Ward next hoping he drops in price

simon87

Aspiring Coach
Mar 12, 2016
Main weakness is bench cover for this week in the forwards. Remember Hall is a round 13 bye as well so won't play the next 2 weeks - up to you personally what you do with him, everyone has differing opinions. But, you probably can roll the dice for this week and just hold, especially given your cash stores won't allow an upgrade without using 2 trades.

You've got Smith and Gresham (maybe Kerridge too) who are round 13 byes to go out next week for some cash generation. Then aim to upgrade those last few spots post round 13.
Yep, Hall is the one I can't decide on, I brought him in after round 4 and he's been pretty ordinary. If I get rid of him I will have burnt 2 trades for nothing, except loss of cash. So I might hold and hope he comes good. The plan is definitely to move on Gresham and Smith next week, probably to Trengrove and Ward

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
Brown has been given his marching orders, and I have welcomed Logan Austin. Tom Lee doesn't fit for my bye structure and I gotta take a risk with Austin to get me thru R14!!!
Hewett stays as a loop with Dunkley and Davis. Rolling the dice and holding Bennedy in the hope he doesn't play, with the view he is traded for Lids R14.