Round 12 Trades

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
i really dont want to but i might have to trade kerridge this week just so i can get some ruck cover

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I asked for the podcast (hopefully it got a mention) if it was too late to burn 2 trades to set up a R/F link if you don't already have one. I've got Archie Smith at R3 but would definitely look at doing a Smith to Grimley/Chol type move and bringing Tippett into my forwards.

Back2theFuture

Aspiring Coach
Apr 5, 2016
Ward was my first upgrade this year and very happy with him, like everyone he has had a couple of quieter days being a 72 and 88 but averaging 112 for the year. I love how jelwood plays the game also but can be tagged and put out the lower scores too, whereas ward doesnt get that tag due to the linebreakers (see shiel, griffen when playing, etc) copping it occasionally. I have considered bringing in jelwood as i am targeting a rnd 15 mid and he wont be cheaper this year but am preferring shiel to him atm due to giants SOS over the run home from here. With SOS tipping the balance for me in a cat vs giant i would go with ward although if you like shiel he is also an option.

With Griffin returning this week, then Ward is looking, as you say, even better

Shinboner

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 19, 2016
Soooooooo tempted to get sucked in by the Rocky one.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
People with Goldy and NicNat must be feeling pretty nervous right about now.... :eek:
Yep, but my R3 is Grimley who plays Friday night. So if i get Tippett, i would have to bench Tippett, Goldy or Nic NAt and move Grimley to my fwd line.

But will then have cover if Goldy or Nic Nat miss on the run home

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
R11: 2305. Stoked as I had 21 v 22, won 7/7 leagues!!!
1 trade used: Barlow -> Neale
Bank: $147,300

So i ended my relationship with Barlow, and I slept better. Neale killed it and am looking forward to many more 120+ scores till the end of the year.

Held Bennedy as he wasn't playing so no loss of value.
Looking towards the byes: Hewett is on the chopping block, take a punt on Jansen??
Was keen to hold Mitch Brown for Def/Fwd swing but I think i'm going to need cash to upgrade in my mids if I upgrade through the byes. But who to downgrade to?

Smith, Davis, Dunkley making cash and scoring well enough to hold this week.

My Plan was:
R12: Hewitt & Brown -> DG & DG
R14: Bennedy-> Deledio
R15: Davis -> DG, Smith -> Hanners

Now with Rocky killing it I'm tempted to bring him in *again*. he has burnt me last 2 years. Injury history concerns me, but after a 200 point game how can u look past him.

Casting an eye on Suckling, but with JJ coming back will that effect Sucklings scoring?

Hmmm options, which direction is best...

o9r0i1.jpg

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
I had wingard from the byes onwards last season and whilst he didn't end up averaging great I saw enough then to bring him in last week.

I didn't catch the PtA game this weekend but I remember last year thinking he was always a bit too reliant on golds to keep his score up. Hopefully this last few weeks is a step in that direction, and with or without goals he can consistently ton up
I unfortunately watched the port game n as a pies supporter it was deplorable. Port played 22 witches hats and wingard was on the end of some fwd chains that resulted in fairly easy goals. Against the dogs I expect a shut down n a reduction in points. Is trading hall the best long term option?

Reactions: Dino

Nato

May 22, 2015
I'm looking at going against my better judgement and bringing in Rocky this week.
As the boys said in the pod, if he goes big he is an absolute must-have.

My issue is to bring him in i either have to trade out Hall (and lose my M/F swing) or Hopper/Keays (and lose cash generation).
I like the idea of trading Hall (as Geoff said), but losing my M/F swing at this stage seems really risky. The other side of that is that i will likely lose it to trade out Tippa to a MID premium in the next couple of weeks anyway.

I currently have $320k in bank (after Brown-Collins trade)

cheers guys

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015
That's the plan.

Not sure what Hall can learn in the NEAFL though. We all know the standard of the competition.

Damn! Yeah NEAFL is just a horrible standard.

Though he might have had a good week this week too against Richmond. Bugger.

Back to the trade table.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
It has been brought up for weeks now, but do we drop him?

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Well it turns out that as there are no viable forward or defence rookies, and with no M/F DPP set up yet, I have no way of turning Hall into Rocky. Might just have to sit on my hands for the week and hope all goes well.

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
I'm considering Phillips if he makes the final side.

Desperate times. :confused:

Reactions: Steve and Tevez17

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I think its blessing in disguise for Hall, still don't think he's right body wise go back get 40 touches in the low intensity Neafl, then have the bye off come back R14 with something to prove.

Trade to rocky is tempted though but would have me full "premo" without Hanners or Pendles.

Think i'll have to stick to my original plan of Tom Lee for Mitch Brown (boring)

Reactions: cactus