Round 11 Trades

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
Now community im desperate:

Sitting 4-4 in my league. its 21 v 22. My opponent has Sam Frost. Im seriously considering trading in a fwd/ruc to counter as I need the win: Lycett/Griffin/Campbell

Am I mad??

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Now community im desperate:

Sitting 4-4 in my league. its 21 v 22. My opponent has Sam Frost. Im seriously considering trading in a fwd/ruc to counter as I need the win: Lycett/Griffin/Campbell

Am I mad??
In short. Yes.
I made a poor decision to start with him at R3 and thank god i was able to get him out and get Cox in. I think he had an 80 one week, which meant i didnt lose money but your thinking about him in and on a week vs the hawks. Have a cold shower my suggestion.

Reactions: TwentyThree

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
In short. Yes.
I made a poor decision to start with him at R3 and thank god i was able to get him out and get Cox in. I think he had an 80 one week, which meant i didnt lose money but your thinking about him in and on a week vs the hawks. Have a cold shower my suggestion.
My bad i thought you meant him in. I would back a donut against him.

Reactions: GeoffMack

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Im considering the following for this week -
Bken - Collins via brown fwd (no pearce for dockers thinks collins js > tucker, wafl form very good) and then Kerridge to shiel via Dahl fwd. They both help for my bye structure too as planned....

Thoughts?

Reactions: tiltraise

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Im considering the following for this week -
Bken - Collins via brown fwd (no pearce for dockers thinks collins js > tucker, wafl form very good) and then Kerridge to shiel via Dahl fwd. They both help for my bye structure too as planned....

Thoughts?

I'm backing Kerridge to get is BE against the Lions, could possibly ton up too.
Shiel BE of 100 against the Cats in Geelong could be tough to get, wait one more week and the trade will be not only cheaper but you may also
grab some cheap points this week.

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
In short. Yes.
I'm not thinking of bringing in frost.

I'm considering lycett/Campbell/griffin!

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
I'm not thinking of bringing in frost.

I'm considering lycett/Campbell/griffin!
I would risk it with 21 v 22 because its Frost. As i was trying to convey earlier - he would struggle to get a kick in cattle stampede. Not worth a trade for a maybe when you could get up not using it.

Reactions: GeoffMack

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
I'm backing Kerridge to get is BE against the Lions, could possibly ton up too.
Shiel BE of 100 against the Cats in Geelong could be tough to get, wait one more week and the trade will be not only cheaper but you may also
grab some cheap points this week.
I agree on Kerridges scoring potential this week doddy but if i do the trade it means next week i can do houli to b smith (gives me 1 more week to think if im 100% on him) and j smith to montagna - so 3 prems (if b smith counts) and a bubble boy if i go tucker instead in two weeks and also also a little play if mathesion back in next week??? Decisions decisions.

Reactions: doddy2731

Unforgiven

Patron '18
Patron '19
May 14, 2015
I agree on Kerridges scoring potential this week doddy but if i do the trade it means next week i can do houli to b smith (gives me 1 more week to think if im 100% on him) and j smith to montagna - so 3 prems (if b smith counts) and a bubble boy if i go tucker instead in two weeks and also also a little play if mathesion back in next week??? Decisions decisions.

I'm on-board Kerridge hitting his BE this week too.

Unfortunately this is also the source of my troubles as Kerridge is the best candidate for me to get Robbie Gray in this week.

Essentially there are a lack of downgrade targets.... I went early on Collins last week, but not keen on Paine, Williams or any Bubble boys like Lee. Mathieson was the underwhelming plan all week.

Just hold form for now and potentially miss Robbie Gray? Gut feel is no trades, re-assess next week.

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth

Unfortunately this is also the source of my troubles as Kerridge is the best candidate for me to get Robbie Gray in this week.

Essentially there are a lack of downgrade targets.... I went early on Collins last week, but not keen on Paine, Williams or any Bubble boys like Lee. Mathieson was the underwhelming plan all week.

Just hold form for now and potentially miss Robbie Gray? Gut feel is no trades, re-assess next week.
Agree on dgrade targets thus i am going to do bken for tucker via mpp. At least cash is there as he has to go and if not this week it may make it hard to do the following week as want to do 2 upgrades prior byes.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong

Id go no trades. What is Grays BE? 67 or something? He has a shocking record at the G. It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't make his BE or only just covers it. Gives you another week to look at it and wait for better options.

Reactions: Dino and doddy2731

Unforgiven

Patron '18
Patron '19
May 14, 2015
Id go no trades. What is Grays BE? 67 or something? He has a shocking record at the G. It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't make his BE or only just covers it. Gives you another week to look at it and wait for better options.

Very good thought, it's unlikely the Gray goes up significantly so that he's out of reach next week.

Agree on dgrade targets thus i am going to do bken for tucker via mpp. At least cash is there as he has to go and if not this week it may make it hard to do the following week as want to do 2 upgrades prior byes.

Tuckers an interesting one, I'm apprehensive with 2 Freo boys in my backline, I'm comfortable with Collins JS. I'm thinking wait a week as Kennedy won't go down, see how Trengove is and maybe go a week early on Trengove.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I had the same thought regarding Lids and Martin with upgrading but thoughtmaybe to risky against the Roos, glad i held firm.
I've gone double down this week to make 3 upgrades before the byes then my team should be finished on the other side, thats the plan anyway.

Reactions: Steve and Dino

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Very good thought, it's unlikely the Gray goes up significantly so that he's out of reach next week.

Tuckers an interesting one, I'm apprehensive with 2 Freo boys in my backline, I'm comfortable with Collins JS. I'm thinking wait a week as Kennedy won't go down, see how Trengove is and maybe go a week early on Trengove.
I am of the same opinion re tucker, but thought if his js turns out to be non existent after this week (i hope not) at least i get a price rise out of him. If i personally like a rookie i tend to back it and bring them in for their first game ie:hopper or leave them until they are actually on the bubble playing. So far this year i managed to avoid macpherson and didnt consider matheson last week. Anyway decision time fast approaching for me...

Brky

Aspiring Coach
Jun 12, 2015
Ok Team, I think I need a sanity check.

All week it's been pretty much known Goldy isn't playing and I would be taking a 0 into the weekend. I toyed with trading in West or Gorringe but felt I'd rather just keep the trade.

Now, my competitive nature has kicked in and I'm seriously considering McPherson > Brooksby.

Initially this would seem a horrible idea, but it does do a few things for my team. I currently don't have a MID/FWD swing or a FWD/RUC swing which this would give me to go with the FWD/DEF I currently do have. It also gets McPherson out who isn't due back until rnd19. It does cost about 65k but i have 300k in the kitty atm so not so much the issue. It also gives me another body in rnd14 which I kinda need, assuming Brooksby gets a few more games.

Can anyone else see any logic in this? or have I just completely lost my marbles?

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
Ok Team, I think I need a sanity check.

All week it's been pretty much known Goldy isn't playing and I would be taking a 0 into the weekend. I toyed with trading in West or Gorringe but felt I'd rather just keep the trade.

Now, my competitive nature has kicked in and I'm seriously considering McPherson > Brooksby.

Initially this would seem a horrible idea, but it does do a few things for my team. I currently don't have a MID/FWD swing or a FWD/RUC swing which this would give me to go with the FWD/DEF I currently do have. It also gets McPherson out who isn't due back until rnd19. It does cost about 65k but i have 300k in the kitty atm so not so much the issue. It also gives me another body in rnd14 which I kinda need, assuming Brooksby gets a few more games.

Can anyone else see any logic in this? or have I just completely lost my marbles?
Havent lost ur marbles, I can see the logic. However does the trade strengthen your team long term??

Brky

Aspiring Coach
Jun 12, 2015
Havent lost ur marbles, I can see the logic. However does the trade strengthen your team long term??
The DPP flexibility, especially getting a FWD into my Midfield would be an improvement I would think. But not sure if its worth a trade and 60k?

brenna

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Feb 26, 2016
The DPP flexibility, especially getting a FWD into my Midfield would be an improvement I would think. But not sure if its worth a trade and 60k?
definitely not worth it, he'd be lucky to even score 30+ tonight in the weather conditions, plus could even be a late out with Trent McKenzie as an emergency, even if he does play he's only in the team because of all the injuries they have down back.. take the donut and keep the trade!

Reactions: Steve