Defenders 2016

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
My boy Rampe has been named in Sydney's leadership group. In for a big year.
Pretty tempted by Rampe, see him as a solid 90-95 average this year and hopefully a bit more, just a bit hesitant to pick him over B.Smith... Rampe's probably as likely to start in my side as Yeo is. If I don't go with Smith it'll be tight between them

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Pretty tempted by Rampe, see him as a solid 90-95 average this year and hopefully a bit more, just a bit hesitant to pick him over B.Smith... Rampe's probably as likely to start in my side as Yeo is. If I don't go with Smith it'll be tight between them
The only thing thats stopping me from picking him is Mills, want to see what role he plays this weekend. If Mills is off HB and Talia is named, i dont know what Rampe job will be

Reactions: M4TT B8S

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Rampe and Smith are both in my side atm, but if you are keen on Yeo then yeah I probs wouldn't start all 3

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Rampe and Smith are both in my side atm, but if you are keen on Yeo then yeah I probs wouldn't start all 3
Have Shaw, Simpson [most likely to hold their spots] then Rich and Smith... the D3 and D4 could potentially be Yeo, Rich, Smith, Rampe, Bartel, MacMillan, KK... couple more options around too, my doggie half of my mind keeps looking at JJ, but obviously isn't entirely SC relevant

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Losing Suckling from that half back line could boost Birchs average by 10ppg... Definitely watching closely.
+Full preseason, in the past he's had to work through knee niggling injuries and similar

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Posted on Fantasy Freako yesterday:

Will be avoiding Jimmy Bartel in #SuperCoach this year. Chris Scott says he "would be surprised if he played all 22 H&A games".

Cause for concern to folks like me who had Jimmy first picked in the backline?

Fbdonkey

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Victoria
Posted on Fantasy Freako yesterday:

Will be avoiding Jimmy Bartel in #SuperCoach this year. Chris Scott says he "would be surprised if he played all 22 H&A games".

Cause for concern to folks like me who had Jimmy first picked in the backline?

In the same interview he said that Jimmy would play a more consistent role this year and get more midfield minutes. Some good news some bad news

Reactions: cactus

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
In the same interview he said that Jimmy would play a more consistent role this year and get more midfield minutes. Some good news some bad news
I usually aim to avoid the old stagers in my starting team and target the younger up-and-comers instead -

But this year I'm thinking with two byes instead of one there might be less need to rest the older players to get them through the season. Well that is what I was thinking anyway.

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Sorry to wander into the thread late boys but been a fkn horrendous 2 months with work being ridiculously busy. Too busy for supercoach is sacrilege in world but gunna make up for it. Anyway....at the moment im looking at a backline of Shaw, Taylor, Birchall, Smith, Francis and Brown with the "other mitch brown (wce) and hibberd (nm) on the pine. Interested to see broad from richmond in nab cup today - going to game so will watch closely if he plays. Had Bartel in but went to taylor after scotts comments and with henderson and vardy in at cats can see taylor killing it down back this year. Think docherty from carlton will go better this year with the new style by bolton and interested to see buckley play as heard good preseason so far?

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Think docherty from carlton will go better this year with the new style by bolton

Hey Judders good to see ya back, second Docherty, I've had him in my backline from the start and enjoying the fact he is flying under the radar. He looked good last night and was even driving the ball into the F50.

Reactions: Prospector

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
T
Sorry to wander into the thread late boys but been a fkn horrendous 2 months with work being ridiculously busy. Too busy for supercoach is sacrilege in world but gunna make up for it. Anyway....at the moment im looking at a backline of Shaw, Taylor, Birchall, Smith, Francis and Brown with the "other mitch brown (wce) and hibberd (nm) on the pine. Interested to see broad from richmond in nab cup today - going to game so will watch closely if he plays. Had Bartel in but went to taylor after scotts comments and with henderson and vardy in at cats can see taylor killing it down back this year.
Ought
Hey Judders good to see ya back, second Docherty, I've had him in my backline from the start and enjoying the fact he is flying under the radar. He looked good last night and was even driving the ball into the F50.
His issue last year was disposal efficiency, his numbers were good but i think disposal eff was impacted by the fact he was always under pressure from opposition in Mm's (crap) game plan. With the bolton switch, slide and side plan whereby you go back or sideways to an open player who has worked there (unlike last year) you will find he has more time to hit up effectively, he will be able to be the receiver as well when others possess it and with no yarran and the suggestion that walker will go fwd he or buckley might be that overlap run off defender like simpson was. Just a thought or two. Had plenty of time to disect it while on phone to another blues tragic last night atraight after game. Watch for the new quote coming on profile doddy - it's from the heart but not the head.

alrighty then

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 30, 2015
Just another one i'm toying with atm.... Christian Salem. IF you take out his sub games last year he averaged around the 84 mark and he looks to be flying in the preseason. Top 3 in the intra club today and playing through the midfield with his teammates seemingly liking the ball in his hands. At his price of $399,300, is anyone convinced he can average 95 plus? 3rd year in the system. Interested to hear the thoughts of some of the experienced supercoachers on this one!

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
On Docherty - had him last year based on what I saw as potential for improvement and gee he frustrated me. I think I'm going to have to see some actual solid scoring from him now before I go there again.

GFNL Blue Baggers

Perennial Finalists.
Veterans
May 6, 2015
Brisbane, Qld
It took 72 posts & 4 pages for someone to seriously mention docherty. If he builds on last year. No reason for me to think he can't, I think he's the answer to the problem of who to pick when you have so many premos who don't really float your boat. Personally, I'm taking the wait & see approach in 2016. Guns n Rooks all the way, I'm just not certain how many FB rooks we'll have this year.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Guns n Rooks all the way, I'm just not certain how many FB rooks we'll have this year.

It's the one line that is very uncertain this season. Premos are at top $, Rookies are thin (early days) and the picks that show some value have question marks.
I currently have 1-4-1 in my backline, I am targeting the selections that not only show value but the chance of going that extra step.
Docherty shows real promise and by the end of last year even with the style that was being played scored quite well. His average increasing each year to a respectable 87 last season I can see this rising at least another 7-8 points this season, I can see Bolton's game style really suiting his natural style of play.
Also showed he has a high ceiling with a high of 147 so there is a huge upside to this fella.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Shaw, Bartel, Birchall, Kolo, Docherty, B Smith, Rich, Z Williams.

This is my stable of defenders, the narrowing down to 4-5 is super tough.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
It's the one line that is very uncertain this season. Premos are at top $, Rookies are thin (early days) and the picks that show some value have question marks.
I currently have 1-4-1 in my backline, I am targeting the selections that not only show value but the chance of going that extra step.
Docherty shows real promise and by the end of last year even with the style that was being played scored quite well. His average increasing each year to a respectable 87 last season I can see this rising at least another 7-8 points this season, I can see Bolton's game style really suiting his natural style of play.
Also showed he has a high ceiling with a high of 147 so there is a huge upside to this fella.
3 scores over 100 last year and a difference of almost 100 between his best and worst, no thanks