Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
View attachment 663
this is my current set up i think im happy with it for now :confused:
im sure ill change again tho lol
only prob i see is that stupid round 9 bye and i have swallow, brodie and Spp

Yeah that Bye could hurt, but structure wise I like most people seem to be going at least one more premo mid but that makes at least one other line look very weak.

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
Yeah that Bye could hurt, but structure wise I like most people seem to be going at least one more premo mid but that makes at least one other line look very weak.
yeh i have done that my self about 100 times but as you said every time i do i feel that the line i much around with is to weak
my other option was taking out swallow and brodie adding o'meara and another rookie

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
yeh i have done that my self about 100 times but as you said every time i do i feel that the line i much around with is to weak
my other option was taking out swallow and brodie adding o'meara and another rookie
I feel like you could take shaw/doch out and bring in Adams and maybe take Reiwoldlt out and put someone in with a bit more value (caddy/roughead/ryder) Then see what you can do with swallow midfield situation. But don't let me force your hand :)

Reactions: Ramjets

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
I feel like you could take shaw/doch out and bring in Adams and maybe take Reiwoldlt out and put someone in with a bit more value (caddy/roughead/ryder) Then see what you can do with swallow midfield situation. But don't let me force your hand :)
haha cheers yeh ive looked at doing things like that 2 god knows how my team will turn out round 1

Shane Medcalf

Aspiring Coach
Feb 19, 2017
Hoping to get some thoughts on my team still moving rookies around feel most of the structures if there any feedback would be great.

upload_2017-3-2_19-6-42.png

Reactions: Brad

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
Hoping to get some thoughts on my team still moving rookies around feel most of the structures if there any feedback would be great.

View attachment 666
Looks solid to me only thing I don't like is Ryder but that's prob more of a person preference then anything good work

Shane Medcalf

Aspiring Coach
Feb 19, 2017
only reason he is in there if for cover via ruck/fwd have been tempted to remove him due to poor form something i can address near the start of the season

Reactions: Brad

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
There are a lot of breakout contenders in this team - players who haven't yet preformed to full premium potential - Caddy, Heeney, Grundy, Mills.

Add to that at least three who have just performed at keeper level for one season or less - Zerritt, Treloar, and Bont - all three of whom you will be hoping to take the next step.

Then a few of the injury risks and fallen primos that most of us are taking - Adams, Fyfe, O'Mera, Swallow, Roughy - taking all these factors together and it feels like you might be hoping for too much to go right. High risk high reward I guess. If a few of the more unique risks come off you'll probably be flying but it is more risk than I'm aiming for.

The other question I have is: is Mills and Heeney in the same side a good idea? With them both needed extra midfield time it feels a bit like betting against yourself ... I suppose Heeney can play inside and rest forward and Mills can play mostly on the wing and they might both go we'll enough for their respective lines ... but ... seems like a lot to ask. Unless you have the inside good oil that is.
Agree regarding Mills and Heeney. Probably wont go both but looking at the players available for that money i went Mills. Will depend upon who is selected R1. If i can replace Mills with a rookie then i will.

I want to watch the last 2 JLT games as well as i have a feeling it will be Maccas last year and Mills could step in to that role. Heeney (not named for R3) will take Snitches spot in the mids and rest forward. The Swans could potentially have a midfield of Heeney, Mills, Parker, Hannebery, Robinson, Lloyd and Jones for the next 6 years. Add to that JPK, macca, Kiz and thats a nice midfield for the bloods

Reactions: cactus

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Love the Zerrett pick! Yours is the first team I've seen with him in it! I so badly want to get him in but I'm forever debating whether I am going with my head or heart. I really do feel like he has elevated his game to another level and could go uber premium but Treloar, Selwood and to a certain degree Rockliff just seems so much safer around that price. There are so many question marks about us this year I don't think I'm going to have the balls to start with any Dons.
The tag goes with Heppell surely and Zerrett can get his own ball and with everyone back feeding him

Reactions: Haychh

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Not just Tmitch leaving the midfield this year, talk of Kieran Jack going forward, another potential gap for Heeney?

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015
Boys on the podcast have convinced me to look into Sandi if fit. Latest looking squad.

sc17.jpg

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Not just SNITCH leaving the midfield this year, talk of Kieran Jack going forward, another potential gap for Heeney?
Kiz spent a fair bit of time on the fwds last year. I think he will start in the fwds and rotate through the mids when required

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Hit "clear team" today, was an interesting experiment, more locks (barring injury) than I first thought

Locks: Dahlhaus, Hannebery, Gawn, Laird, Treloar, Fyfe, Adams, Swallow.

Almost Locked In: Goldstein, Dangerfield, Beams, M Crouch, Roughead.

Undecided:
Caddy, Tuohy & Structure.

Team 4.jpg

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Im not a fan of mcgovern in defense dont think he will be a top 6 defender. I dont like 3 mid priced midfielders bit risky. No GAWN i think will cost you, overall not a massive fan
Don't mind it mate. Different enough but still carrying some good picks. The only selection I'm not really keen on is McGovern & Steven but that's just me. If you like it that's all that matters. Good luck.

luket28

Mar 12, 2017
With the real lack of mid rookies I feel you really need to exploit the forward and defender rookies. 13-3.png