2017 Rate My Team

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Pending Rookies namings this is my starting team,
Have picked and chosen where I see the value and also where I see the value in not selecting popular blokes like Swallow, O'Meara, Roughead.

Thurlow & Marchbank's job security has won me over on top of that I think they'll score pretty well as both look pretty integral to their respective teams especially Thurlow, other rookies pick themselves assuming they get picked themselves, Tuohy is a risk but love his role, love his (CD rated) elite ball use & think extra responsibility is what he is after.

I have selected Adams in Midfield to allow me to pick another Def rookie, M Crouch is a linchpin in my team if he doesn't break out he hurts me to a point where I probably don't get to full premo unless I have no other problems & I definitely will :p, that being said I'm backing him in just needs to keeping doing what he did last season & up his game time to around 80%, No other surprised in Midfield.

Witts is the best 200K rookie & it just doesn't make any sense for me to have him at R3 so R2 it is, Sandilands is a premo ruck at 300K must have.

Was between Roughead, Steele and Higgins for F3 Higgins winning out will shock most but he went 95 as flanker he could do anything as genuine midfielder, his role, JLT form & full & uninterrupted preseason, Nankervis as a sole ruck for the Tigers picks himself, expect a 80+ average & has a SC game style that could see him have a similar year to Mumfords 2010 when he moved to Sydney, Turner is another that wins me over with job security, I think his tackling & the odd goal will keep him at a solid 60-70 average, Florent has really impressed me in pre-season if picked he's in if not I'll look to get Hoskin-Elliott.

There's a guy on each line that could ruin my season but I'm backing my research & I really don't want to start with the same team as everyone else, thanks for reading o_O.

Starting Team.jpg

hawker

4-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Hi All,

First time poster, Fan of the podcasts. Some really good insight and really changed my focus on the choices and structure.
Here is my team so far.
View attachment 739

I've gone with 6 rookies at the back and the Sandi-Nans pivot.Still got 86k in the bank.
Any suggestions or criticism fire away.

Cheers!

Just watch out for Hibberd, EVW and Miles selections It's possible all 3 may not be named.

Reactions: Tevez17

Bozman

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 7, 2016
Here's my team. Like most, I've been going back and forth for ages. Pretty happy with it, think it's stable with some good upside, and little downside risk that can't be covered.

One concern is playing 4 rookies in the DEF. I could drop Gawn to Hickey, who I think has a good year, and upgrade Thurlow to Howe.

I could then either ride Hickey the whole way if he breaks out, or almost side swap to Gawn/Goldy/Grundy at the byes, as I think Hickey averages close to them.

Thoughts?
Thanks All.

Attachments

• IMG_0710.PNG
    IMG_0710.PNG
    754.2 KB · Views: 35

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
Hi supercoachers,
I think my team is kinda similar to many, but just need some guidance on what i can do.
Not sure how to tweak it as I have 190,900k still left. Wanted to get Steele in there too, maybe Greene, not sure would value your thoughts.
Still waiting on rookies to drop too.

DEF: Doch, Shaw, Adams, Hampton, Stewart, Smith (Otten, V-Willis)

MID: Danger, Pendles, Fyfe, Mitchell, Beams, Omeara, Swallow, P-Pepper (Barrett, Pickett, Hibberd)

Ruck: Gawn, Sandi (Strndeca)

FWD: Dahl, McCrae, Rough, Nankervis, Taranto, Eddy (Turner, Miles)

Cheers

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
Would appreciate some help. The bold are the players already played.
Suggestions ar great. Do i keep both O'meart and Swallow and try to get Steele in there? Do i downgrade someone?
Also would love suggestions on Rookies, I missed out on Butler who had a great game in FWD.
Just wanting to get the right structure, thanks

DEF: Shaw, Adams, Laird, Marchbank, Hampton, Smith (Stewart, Otten)

MID: Danger, Pendles, Fyfe, Mitchell, Beams, Omeara, Swallow, P-Pepper (Barrett, Pickett, Hibberd)

Ruck: Gawn, Sandi (Strnadica)

FWD: Dahl, McCrae, Roughie, Nankervis, Taranto, Eddy (Parfitt, Turner)

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
Suggestions ar great. Do i keep both O'meart and Swallow and try to get Steele in there? Do i downgrade someone?
Also would love suggestions on Rookies, I missed out on Butler who had a great game in FWD.

DEF: Shaw, Adams, Laird, Marchbank, Hampton, Smith (Stewart, Otten)

Ruck: Gawn, Sandi (Strnadica)

FWD: Dahl, McCrae, Roughie, Nankervis, Taranto, Eddy (Parfitt, Turner)

I also have 150K left

brenna

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Feb 26, 2016

Team looks good, similar to mine. Rookies are pretty much spot on, same as mine. I also missed out on Butler, it happens but look on the bright side he won't always score that high.

Just some thought, you could go Roughead down to a Florent or Hoskin-Elliot then O'meara or Swallow up to a Premium Midfielder.
Or you could go Roughead to a Premium forward with the extra 150k you have left
No room for Steele in the forward line unless you lose Macrae or Dahl for him then went O'meara or Swallow up to a Premium Midfielder with the cash it frees up.

Apart from them options I don't see much else you can do with the 150k without changing structure completely.

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
upload_2017-3-25_1-16-23.png
Anyway i can make this better before tommorow?

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
View attachment 764
Anyway i can make this better before tommorow?
I honestly don't see anything wrong with it.
Strong backline and midfield.
Ruck fine, my only concern would be no cover for Sandi. I see you have Pruessbut he isn't guaranteed a game everyweek.
As Nank has played, may need to look at a Roughy to Ryder move.
That's just me though Sandi is a big risk and with no guaranteed cover even for a week you would need to use a trade.
Just my 2 cents. Good luck

just kev

Mar 22, 2017
Projected scores mean jack all at this time of year. Rookies and anyone who has been out of the game for a while will have very low projected scores. For example, Beams is projecting 74. Don't take any notice and you'll be fine!

Re your team, don't get too seduced by JLT scores! Most times they will not translate to the real deal. Gaff and Atkins are pretty dicey selections. I'd bring another rookie on field down back for one of your midpricers and try and get a couple more genuine mids on field.

Thanks for the info re: maximum scoring.
As for Andrew Gaff... I had him in my team last year and was successful. So I continued with him for this year.
As I type this, he has gained top score in NM v WCE game.