2017 Rate My Team

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Lids is a tricky one, assuming he gets through PS without a knock he'll e as fit as he has been in 3 years even with less ball his quality will shine through, he's not set in stone.

It's pretty hard to have cover for set and forget rucks though I'm open to ideas, Goldy is still ? for me.

Rucks are killing me this year. I never take the top priced ruck for rd 1. Goldy could crash big time if his form follows that of his team. Might be time to think outside the box and use the ruck line as cash generation.

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Hickey is a interesting pick, proved last season has a big ceiling but also knocked out some really poor scores against only fair opposition as well, still young especially for a ruck will have to wait for the prospectus to come out for further research, would like a Goldy alternative & not sold on Grundy.

Seriously considering Sandi & Giles.

Means I can take Danger in the midfield and by the time the dust settles in rd 7 or 8 and they've made some coin, we'll know who the premium rucks will be. Hard to see any of Gawn, Goldy or Grundy getting too far out of reach.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Rucks are killing me this year. I never take the top priced ruck for rd 1. Goldy could crash big time if his form follows that of his team. Might be time to think outside the box and use the ruck line as cash generation.

North are a very well coached for what they have on their list they won't slide too far probably still pick up 9-10 wins, a lot of similarities with Ratten's blues oraybe a poor man Sydney is a better description.

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
North are a very well coached for what they have on their list they won't slide too far probably still pick up 9-10 wins, a lot of similarities with Ratten's blues oraybe a poor man Sydney is a better description.

Pls. North is on an express elevator to the basement with no brakes and no hope.

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
I currently have space for one of Shaw and Vince in the backline and I can't quite make up my mind which one to take or whether to look elsewhere. Which one was your first picked of those two?
Shaw, 4 Shaw! (As I said!)

Reactions: cactus

RichardC89

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 4, 2015
Hi guys,

Thoughts on the team? I'm happy with my Backs and Mids - Finding the forward line tough but I'm guessing I'm not alone there. Bit of a big decision to go in without Gawn. One of my first few upgrades will be a Forward into Gawn, swinging Ryder forward. Heeney very much 50/50, I guess I'm hoping he will be the beneficiary of the Tom Mitchell exit.

Any thoughts/opinions/suggestions welcomed :)

oiJy3oA.jpg

Reactions: tiltraise

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Defence looks very solid, like Williams at D4 wouldn't want him any higher, don't think Keefe will be a good rookie personally.

Mids look good maybe a little worry with Rocky, just role related, I think he'll play a bit forward but could still knock out good scores anyway,

Rucks I quite like the idea of starting with 2 non Gawn & Goldy rucks, I don't think the gap will be as big as it was last season, Ryder as a starting Ruck traded into the forward line or upgraded is a nice plan that I hadn't really thought of, I'd had him in my FWDs or not at all, I think the 300K that you're saving on not going Gawn/Goldy maybe needs to be invested a little better extra premo mid maybe I just cant see it on field at the moment...

Forwards Solid setup my only critique would be starting both Caddy & Heeney personally I'd look to only start one of them & snag a proven forward in that F2 spot

Just my 2cents.. :)

Reactions: RichardC89

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Hi guys,

Thoughts on the team? I'm happy with my Backs and Mids - Finding the forward line tough but I'm guessing I'm not alone there. Bit of a big decision to go in without Gawn. One of my first few upgrades will be a Forward into Gawn, swinging Ryder forward. Heeney very much 50/50, I guess I'm hoping he will be the beneficiary of the Tom Mitchell exit.

oiJy3oA.jpg
Fifteen keepers plus Swallow!? Or 14 keepersand two stepping stones depending how you class Roughy. Impressive. I've also got Ryder at R2 at the moment.

And I like the primos you've chosen. I myself am going against Heeney and Docherty but you can certainly make a case for both of them as good starting picks.

I've got two less starting primos than you at the moment so I'll probably have more cash generation but I'm not sure if my approach is better than yours.

One note of caution is that I think Graham and Freeman are pretty unlikely to start R1 and Bolton might not either so having a little bit of cash up your sleeve to change rookies at short notice before R1 would be a good idea.

Reactions: RichardC89

RichardC89

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 4, 2015
Thanks for the two replies lads. Few points;

- Rocky I'm hoping will find new motivation with a change of coach and having a full preseason.
- My forward line is very touch and go, the other option I'm thinking of is changing Caddy to Josh Kennedy.
- All my rooks are largely place holders for now. Will need to wait until the season draws closer.

Cheers

Reactions: Tevez17 and cactus

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Screenshot_10.png

Hey guys, went for a couple of cheap premiums on purpose, think this year there are a couple worth punting on (and want to try this way, something different)... Didn't take Swallow or O'Meara, don't think they'll be keepers, went for the approach of getting a few more 400k-500k cheap premium/midpricers than I usually would but I'm happy to give it a shot, I have faith in a few of them

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
View attachment 616

Hey guys, went for a couple of cheap premiums on purpose, think this year there are a couple worth punting on (and want to try this way, something different)... Didn't take Swallow or O'Meara, don't think they'll be keepers, went for the approach of getting a few more 400k-500k cheap premium/midpricers than I usually would but I'm happy to give it a shot, I have faith in a few of them
as a saints man i would rethink koby stevens everything im hearing is if everyone is fit he will struggle to even make the side dont know if this is true or not just something to think about

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
View attachment 616

I'd take one of Goldy or Gawn out and go with Sandi, Witts or Giles. Then you can beef up your midfield. Have a look at how your team looks after that.

Reactions: Tevez17

mitchamatosis

May 31, 2015
First crack at it this year. Still alot up in the air. Let me know your thoughts..

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    712.2 KB · Views: 20

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
First crack at it this year. Still alot up in the air. Let me know your thoughts..
If it was me u would be only going it with one of Murphy or Heppell and look to change one to a more proven premium don't want to take to many riskes

Higgins scares me looking at his past apart from 2015 rarely finishes a full season

Also think there is better options in the back line then Boyd might not be as good of a year with Murphy and Jj back for the year

And lastly to any expensive rookies historically u will make a lot more cash off cheaper rookies

Just my opinion

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Hi guys,

oiJy3oA.jpg
If you've call all of Zac Williams, T.Mitchell, Grundy, Caddy, and Heeney all take the next step an Adams, Rocky, Fyfe, Ryder and Roughy all play 20+ games ... you'll be very well placed indeed.

For what it's worth I'm currently backing Caddy to take the next step and Adams and Fyfe to hold together.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Higgins scares me looking at his past apart from 2015 rarely finishes a full season.
It is not just that he doesn't finish many full seasons but also that his upside is not that ... "up". Never averaged 100. So you're betting he holds together and averages career high. If you're going to take an injury risk player might be best to take it on someone with a big upside.

Then again Higgins is cheap and if he plays some midfield time in the preseason and posts a ton or two he'll have some admirers. Hoping all of Heeney, Higgins and Ryder to come off seems like hoping for a fair bit.

Reactions: Brad

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015

At this point you've got 6 missing the first bye, that's a worry!

I'd go though your squad and ask yourself the question "is this player going to be top6/8 in their position" Boyd, Ablett, Heppel, Murphy, Heeney & Higgins are the ones I'd be putting the heat on.

Reactions: Prospector

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
upload_2017-2-16_16-16-44.png
im sure this will all change again lol, but looks better then my first crack i think
only thing im tossing up is taking goldy out for hickey saving me some dollars to upgrade roughhead to someone else
or rough head out and swallow in swap gallucci to the fwd line
only other prob at the moment is my byes r 21/23/18

any advice would be great cheers

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
View attachment 626
im sure this will all change again lol, but looks better then my first crack i think
only thing im tossing up is taking goldy out for hickey saving me some dollars to upgrade roughhead to someone else
or rough head out and swallow in swap gallucci to the fwd line
only other prob at the moment is my byes r 21/23/18

any advice would be great cheers

Like this team, has reminded me how flexible you can be if you only go 5 premo mids.

Don't like Keefe and worried about Goldy & maybe paying overs for Kennedy & Docherty but that's knitpicking really.

Reactions: Brad