IMG_0140.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 52

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
View attachment 626
im sure this will all change again lol, but looks better then my first crack i think
only thing im tossing up is taking goldy out for hickey saving me some dollars to upgrade roughhead to someone else
or rough head out and swallow in swap gallucci to the fwd line
only other prob at the moment is my byes r 21/23/18

any advice would be great cheers

I really like this team it's a great start.
Not much more to say until we see how the rookies and form pans out.

Reactions: Brad

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Thoughts? TIA
A few bucks in the skyrocket left so i would probably use it to boost another line. With you set and forget rucks i dont see any reason to start Ryder, but thats just me.
Anyway my 2 bobs worth, always a fun part of the year with pre season starting. All the best.

Reactions: Nicko

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
Like this team, has reminded me how flexible you can be if you only go 5 premo mids.

Don't like Keefe and worried about Goldy & maybe paying overs for Kennedy & Docherty but that's knitpicking really.
Cheers for the feed back I'm abit worried about goldy 2 as for keeffe all depends on wat rookies show up before round 1
Kennedy and docherty r over priced but I still see them too 6 at the end of the year so I'm not to stressed

Nicko

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 16, 2017
A few bucks in the skyrocket left so i would probably use it to boost another line. With you set and forget rucks i dont see any reason to start Ryder, but thats just me.
Anyway my 2 bobs worth, always a fun part of the year with pre season starting. All the best.

How much $$ would you recommend having left over to start the season?

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I'm pretty sure that I read on of the overall winners in the last couple of seasons started R1 with a couple of hundred grand in the bank ... but it is probably not the percentage play most years. I try to leave myself somewhere around 50K for rookie corrections.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I'm pretty sure that I read on of the overall winners in the last couple of seasons started R1 with a couple of hundred grand in the bank ... but it is probably not the percentage play most years. I try to leave myself somewhere around 50K for rookie corrections.

Really? I couldn't leave that much there doing nothing.

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
LOOK AT WHAT I'VE BEEN REDUCED TO! This isn't really a rate my team just thought I'd take the opportunity to share with everyone what the Ruck situation and lack of mid rookies has lead me to. Fair chance my team will look nothing like this Rd 1 but this what I'm running with currently after endless tinkering tonight... Somehow I've managed to scratch KKolo from my never again list and he's found a spot in my backline. I've gone from an all out GnR onslaught to complete and utter midprice madness! I've got Murphy and Swallow sitting at M7&8.

I'm hoping by the end of JLT sanity will prevail, Witts will turn out to be not shit and he'll go R2, some mid rookies will put their hands up, get named Rd 1 and I'll be able to with the original plan of 5 mid premos + Swallow + rooks.

I can see it now though, SPP, WHE, Black and Hampton not named Rd 1, Boyd playing a deep forward role only and you will find this guy curled up in a ball, rocking backwards and forwards in the corner.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-02-22-22-04-06-87.png
    Screenshot_2017-02-22-22-04-06-87.png
    806.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_2017-02-22-22-04-22-60.png
    Screenshot_2017-02-22-22-04-22-60.png
    901.6 KB · Views: 58

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
LOOK AT WHAT I'VE BEEN REDUCED TO! This isn't really a rate my team just thought I'd take the opportunity to share with everyone what the Ruck situation and lack of mid rookies has lead me to. Fair chance my team will look nothing like this Rd 1 but this what I'm running with currently after endless tinkering tonight... Somehow I've managed to scratch KKolo from my never again list and he's found a spot in my backline. I've gone from an all out GnR onslaught to complete and utter midprice madness! I've got Murphy and Swallow sitting at M7&8.

I'm hoping by the end of JLT sanity will prevail, Witts will turn out to be not shit and he'll go R2, some mid rookies will put their hands up, get named Rd 1 and I'll be able to with the original plan of 5 mid premos + Swallow + rooks.

I can see it now though, SPP, WHE, Black and Hampton not named Rd 1, Boyd playing a deep forward role only and you will find this guy curled up in a ball, rocking backwards and forwards in the corner.
On the plus side, its one of the most unique structures I've ever seen. Might be closer to midprice insanity than madness, but I completely understand what you're trying to do. Every year we freak out about rookies and every year they turn up, without fail. If for some reason they don't, then this type of starting team might be a lot more common than you'd think.

Reactions: cactus and Haychh

Mick

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
@Haychh like extra deep midfield for something different, only question i would have would be Boyd at R2, he could could of turned a corner after the grad final but i think he may end up a frustrating pick in the end.

GeneralHodge

Feb 22, 2017
I call this team "The batshit cray big kahoonas"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170228-015735.png
    Screenshot_20170228-015735.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20170228-015728.png
    Screenshot_20170228-015728.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 31

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
T. Adams, R. Laird, C. Mills, C. Marchbank, C. Hampton, T. Stewart, L. Ryan, R. Garthwaite
P. Dangerfield, Z. Merrett, A. Treloar, M. Bontempelli, N. Fyfe, J. O'Meara, D. Swallow, J. Barrett, S. Powell-Pepper, N. Freeman, S. Bolton
M. Gawn, B. Grundy, L. Strnadica
L. Dahlhaus, J. Caddy, I. Heeney, J. Roughead, A. Black, J. Pickett, D. Cameron, B. Eddy

$27.2K left
pull it apart, rip it to shreds and let me know

byes 10/6/11

Reactions: Brad and Nicko

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
T. Adams, R. Laird, C. Mills, C. Marchbank, C. Hampton, T. Stewart, L. Ryan, R. Garthwaite
P. Dangerfield, Z. Merrett, A. Treloar, M. Bontempelli, N. Fyfe, J. O'Meara, D. Swallow, J. Barrett, S. Powell-Pepper, N. Freeman, S. Bolton
L. Dahlhaus, J. Caddy, I. Heeney, J. Roughead, A. Black, J. Pickett, D. Cameron, B. Eddy

$27.2K left

byes 10/6/11
There are a lot of breakout contenders in this team - players who haven't yet preformed to full premium potential - Caddy, Heeney, Grundy, Mills.

Add to that at least three who have just performed at keeper level for one season or less - Zerritt, Treloar, and Bont - all three of whom you will be hoping to take the next step.

Then a few of the injury risks and fallen primos that most of us are taking - Adams, Fyfe, O'Mera, Swallow, Roughy - taking all these factors together and it feels like you might be hoping for too much to go right. High risk high reward I guess. If a few of the more unique risks come off you'll probably be flying but it is more risk than I'm aiming for.

The other question I have is: is Mills and Heeney in the same side a good idea? With them both needed extra midfield time it feels a bit like betting against yourself ... I suppose Heeney can play inside and rest forward and Mills can play mostly on the wing and they might both go we'll enough for their respective lines ... but ... seems like a lot to ask. Unless you have the inside good oil that is.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
There are a lot of breakout contenders in this team - players who haven't yet preformed to full premium potential - Caddy, Heeney, Grundy, Mills.

Add to that at least three who have just performed at keeper level for one season or less - Zerritt, Treloar, and Bont - all three of whom you will be hoping to take the next step.

Then a few of the injury risks and fallen primos that most of us are taking - Adams, Fyfe, O'Mera, Swallow, Roughy - taking all these factors together and it feels like you might be hoping for too much to go right. High risk high reward I guess. If a few of the more unique risks come off you'll probably be flying but it is more risk than I'm aiming for.

The other question I have is: is Mills and Heeney in the same side a good idea? With them both needed extra midfield time it feels a bit like betting against yourself ... I suppose Heeney can play inside and rest forward and Mills can play mostly on the wing and they might both go we'll enough for their respective lines ... but ... seems like a lot to ask. Unless you have the inside good oil that is.

Think you've nailed the feedback really, probably just asking too much for all these blokes to take the next step that being said it's a fun team!

Reactions: brenna

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016

$27.2K left

byes 10/6/11

Love the Zerrett pick! Yours is the first team I've seen with him in it! I so badly want to get him in but I'm forever debating whether I am going with my head or heart. I really do feel like he has elevated his game to another level and could go uber premium but Treloar, Selwood and to a certain degree Rockliff just seems so much safer around that price. There are so many question marks about us this year I don't think I'm going to have the balls to start with any Dons.

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
upload_2017-3-1_8-53-14.png
this is my current set up i think im happy with it for now :confused:
im sure ill change again tho lol
only prob i see is that stupid round 9 bye and i have swallow, brodie and Spp