Trades before round 3

Captain Danger

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Feb 27, 2017
So what do we feel about Danger? 130 not damaging but good if you have him.

Have Crouch, injury is 3 weeks out- not going to keep him.

Thinking of trading Crouch for Titch, who is )$100 k cheaper than Danger,

Thinking of trading Hibberd for Simpson- his role has changed. thoughts?

Mark185

Feb 22, 2018
Yeh, hibb is looking likely to go from my team too. Role not locked down, not kicking in etc.

In theory you could trade hibb to bonner and then upgrade someone in mids to danger?

I considered this but I don’t expect Bonner to be a keeper so in theory you are using two trades to get him in and then back out. Not worth it in my opinion. I’d rather go premo to premo if trading out Hibberd.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Need to make a trade - who is best pick Selwood Vs Parker Vs Oliver
Hard to split. Oliver will average the most at season's end, but also the most expensive. All 3 are probably as cheap as you'll get unless affected by injury/concussion, which are all equally likely. On that basis, you'd have to go Oliver, Jelwood, Parker in that order.

Reactions: qarocks

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
My question for now:
- Is Ryan a must-have rookie? Worth a trade from a "plugging along" rookie with softish JS like D.Fogarty or Barry? Or an expensive one who's not hitting the heights like A.Brayshaw or LDU?

I would have said Fogarty, but he got interviewed on the field after the game on Thursday, so hard to drop him now!!! So now thinking Barry -> Ryan might be the move to make....

Captain Danger

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Feb 27, 2017
I considered this but I don’t expect Bonner to be a keeper so in theory you are using two trades to get him in and then back out. Not worth it in my opinion. I’d rather go premo to premo if trading out Hibberd.
Yeah that’s what I am thinking too, however things may change if Sicily gets suspended for a couple of weeks. Over him already!
May do Sicily to Bonner

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Yeah that’s what I am thinking too, however things may change if Sicily gets suspended for a couple of weeks. Over him already!
May do Sicily to Bonner
Not sure Sicily will get suspended for that, partly Jelwood's fault for pulling on his leg. Going to be hard to say how much resulted from him pulling the leg and how much that affected his knee dropping. Personally, if you're on the ground and grab someone's leg you deserve what you get!! Jelwood being the nice guy and Sicily the villain character hopefully will only affect public opinion and not the MRP.

I wouldn't mind if he does get 2 weeks. I'm struggling to get the right rookies on the field in the backline so having a no-playing player might be handy!!!

Reactions: Captain Danger

M-Town Ballers

Patron '18
Aug 3, 2015
Sicily and hibbard are my question marks so far. Got cover for Sicily if suspended and we all knew it was gonna happen at some point. Hopefully he pulls his head in for awhile after this one.
Hibbard to Bonner was my first thought but think it’s a waste of trades now and later, doubt he’ll be a keeper
Simpson and danger need to be traded in
So Hibbard to Simpson seems the right choice, and wait a bit on danger
Rank 2206 so hopefully can hold around there without danger for now

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
My question for now:
- Is Ryan a must-have rookie? Worth a trade from a "plugging along" rookie with softish JS like D.Fogarty or Barry? Or an expensive one who's not hitting the heights like A.Brayshaw or LDU?

I would have said Fogarty, but he got interviewed on the field after the game on Thursday, so hard to drop him now!!! So now thinking Barry -> Ryan might be the move to make....
I reckon Fogarty has a few more weeks until Crouch is fit and available.

Reactions: Prospector

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
Sicily and hibbard are my question marks so far. Got cover for Sicily if suspended and we all knew it was gonna happen at some point. Hopefully he pulls his head in for awhile after this one.
Hibbard to Bonner was my first thought but think it’s a waste of trades now and later, doubt he’ll be a keeper
Simpson and danger need to be traded in
So Hibbard to Simpson seems the right choice, and wait a bit on danger
Rank 2206 so hopefully can hold around there without danger for now
Does Shaw enter the equation as a top 6 defender?

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Does Shaw enter the equation as a top 6 defender?
He'd have to be locked in at this stage. Can't see his role/opportunity changing much from here, Wilson and Williams aren't coming back to steal his points.

It's only 2 rounds, but the defenders are scoring well overall. Currently 25 players averaging over 90 and 9 averaging over 100.

j959

Mar 8, 2018
He'd have to be locked in at this stage. Can't see his role/opportunity changing much from here, Wilson and Williams aren't coming back to steal his points.

It's only 2 rounds, but the defenders are scoring well overall. Currently 25 players averaging over 90 and 9 averaging over 100.
When is Williams due back?? I'm just worried about the decline of his over the last couple of years, definitely trending downwards (I realise was with Wilson/Williams in the team) ...

Also, one possibly for the podcast ... Bont to Danger?? Just feels so sideways ... wonder what Marcus and the team reckon??

Shane Medcalf

Aspiring Coach
Feb 19, 2017
Im lost my only really issues are possible hibberd and O'mearer seems like O'mearers price for the 70avg Kelly and holman are scoring well. thinking of going Omearer down to another rookie then getting bonner in? but then again that seems like a waste of side swapping mid prices. Thoughts?

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Im lost my only really issues are possible hibberd and O'mearer seems like O'mearers price for the 70avg Kelly and holman are scoring well. thinking of going Omearer down to another rookie then getting bonner in? but then again that seems like a waste of side swapping mid prices. Thoughts?
I hope to decide on a better trade choice than Bonner - don't really like a "trade-in-trade-out" scenario at this price. Not yet convinced he's a "must-have".

Reactions: Mark185

Rob86

Aspiring Coach
Apr 11, 2016
Like a complete rookie who hadn't achieved match fitness during pre-season I picked Michael Barlow. I missed that he wasn't playing R1 & hoped he'd play R2. I can't seem to find what's wrong with him, so I think I'm going to get rid of him & Rockliff. I'm going a bit left field and choosing Westhoff, who seems to have potential and a POD and am going for Simpson too. Not the best start to the year :(

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
As Barlow missed a round, his price change comes a week later than most. Can you use that to advantage?
ATM, Rocky looks a wrong choice. Get the very best replacement you can, I reckon.
The Simpson trade seems popular, but remember, he's an old man (footy-wise), with calves that (IIRC) sometimes do what older bloke's calves do.
I would feel like I already had my POD choice in Barlow, so maybe it's time to look vanilla?

Reactions: Rob86

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
As Barlow missed a round, his price change comes a week later than most. Can you use that to advantage?
ATM, Rocky looks a wrong choice. Get the very best replacement you can, I reckon.
The Simpson trade seems popular, but remember, he's an old man (footy-wise), with calves that (IIRC) sometimes do what older bloke's calves do.
I would feel like I already had my POD choice in Barlow, so maybe it's time to look vanilla?

Yeh I would agree if you are trading a player you “gambled” on, you don’t want to be trading to another gamble. Lock and load the best possible player you can afford who has hit all the marks the community expected them to hit. Of course there may be one or two of these best players to pick from, so you can be slightly POD’ish otherwise you will never make up the point difference to people who had that player from the get go.

Reactions: Rob86

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Barlow was an emergency round 1 but got dropped from the emergencies week 2. Played in the NEAFL on the weekend and named among the best. But with the side winning and some decent names on the emergency list already he might not get a call for a little while