Trades before round 3

Irwin M. Fletcher

Patron '18
Mar 16, 2017
Geelong
it seems that this week of the SC year is best for trading in must have rookies, or fixing gambles that did not pay off.
Menegola is one of these gambles, and he should go.
Brayshaw is an expensive rookie, so his cash gen wont be as good as a 102k rookie. He has not set the world on fire, so upgrading would not be the worst idea ever.

I suggest listening to this weeks pod for info that covers pretty much every key payer and option people are thinking of this week.

Yep, Menegola was my one gamble that has backfired so far. Oh well.
Great point re Brayshaw. His scoring isn't horrible at this point, but cash generation could be an issue at his starting price

m4ttdog

Aspiring Coach
Patron '21
Jun 9, 2016
Need some guidance thoughts on this week:

- I was lucky enough to start with all of the must have rookies (Kelly, Doedee, Finlayson, etc.) so trading for rookies is not a high priority for me
- I have Giles-Langdon and Keefe on the pine but am hoping Keefe gets a run soon and there are not many other FWD rookies standing out to me that I do not have already (already have Fogarty in MID, Fritsch and Ryan)
- I have two underperforming premiums in Hibberd and Bont, I am proposing the following:

- Hibberd to Kade Simpson
- Bont to Clayton Oliver

I think Hibberd and Bont won't work out over the course of the season but I feel like I am taking a risk on Oliver more so than Simpson

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks! SC Rd 2 Capture.JPG

Reactions: alrighty then

Mark185

Feb 22, 2018
who do you think will average more for the rest of the season?
how many tags will zerrett get vs oliver?
what happens if zerrett cops another bump to the head?
of course, oliver could break down at any time also..

I think Oliver will average more, but significantly more to warrant a trade im unsure.

I’m just wary of trading premos when it feels unnecessary. I was an idiot last year and eventually traded Fyfe to Cripps, then Fyfe kicked on and next game Cripps broke his leg. Had to trade again and cost myself a lot in doing so. Up to you though. If it works out for you then great!

Tuk

Mar 14, 2018
I think you have to move Menegola. New role, low scoring.
I am nervous about Curnow being a key position player at a bottom team. I’d be looking at someone else. McLean? Gray? Heeney? Not sure you have (or don’t).

Yeah, I picked Menegola because I didn’t really like any of the forward options and I thought he was safe... I’ve already got McLean, Heeney and D Smith.

I generally don’t like key forwards but I don’t know who to turn to

m4ttdog

Aspiring Coach
Patron '21
Jun 9, 2016
Yeah, I picked Menegola because I didn’t really like any of the forward options and I thought he was safe... I’ve already got McLean, Heeney and D Smith.

Billings?

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
also, I am really struggling to think of a case to keep Hibbo besides "he might come good".
Simpsons has almost double the avg points.
I don't have hibberd, but based on exposed form his role seems to have changed and as such should be considered a corrective trade - provided you have got a good rookie (cash making) structure

Reactions: PickenWinners

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018

What is your forward rookie structure like? Who are you thinking of downgrading and/or upgrading to? Structure change?

Shane Medcalf

Aspiring Coach
Feb 19, 2017
Thoughts on hibberd to shaw then nauhton to bonner? Leaves me with 3 rookies on field or hibberd to bonner o'mearer to oliver and only 1 rookie in midfield tempted by structing up the defence?

Reactions: Steve

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
Thoughts on hibberd to shaw then nauhton to bonner? Leaves me with 3 rookies on field or hibberd to bonner o'mearer to oliver and only 1 rookie in midfield tempted by structing up the defence?

I am strongly considering this because I am only running two premiums. Only concern is I think Naughton will get better the more he plays and the dogs will slowly get better aswell. So potentially Bonner doesn’t end up as a keeper averages 80 and Naughton makes you the same amount of cash. In saying that it ends up similar downgrade upgrade vs upgrade sideways, in terms of you will end up using 2 trades to get to where you want. If Naughton gets dropped this week I will do this for sure.

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
Is bonner a must have? While he is in my side, I had him from the start. Is he a keeper? He might be, but I anticipate he will be upgraded or sit as D6 or even D7 if I'm lucky.

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
Ranked top 250 atm so pretty happy with the start but this is where the real challenge begins.

ZGL -> L.Murphy via Sicily
H.Clark -> Z.Fisher via McLean

Bozman

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 7, 2016
Hi all
my team below. For a hastly put together team, and swapping out rookies after two games had already been played (hence didn't get Murphy!), it's looking alright.

Question; I have $143k, should I keep this in the war chest for upgrades or move one of my lower rookies (e.g. Brayshaw) up to say Riley Bonner? He has better scoring and also better cash generation (so far!).

Any other comments/suggestions?

Thanks All!

Attachments

• SC-Rnd2.jpg
    SC-Rnd2.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 6

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
Ranked top 250 atm so pretty happy with the start but this is where the real challenge begins.

ZGL -> L.Murphy via Sicily
H.Clark -> Z.Fisher via McLean
Inside the top 250 ! Nice. Back your instincts, they have been working well so far.

alrighty then

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 30, 2015
Need some guidance thoughts on this week:

- I was lucky enough to start with all of the must have rookies (Kelly, Doedee, Finlayson, etc.) so trading for rookies is not a high priority for me
- I have Giles-Langdon and Keefe on the pine but am hoping Keefe gets a run soon and there are not many other FWD rookies standing out to me that I do not have already (already have Fogarty in MID, Fritsch and Ryan)
- I have two underperforming premiums in Hibberd and Bont, I am proposing the following:

- Hibberd to Kade Simpson
- Bont to Clayton Oliver

I think Hibberd and Bont won't work out over the course of the season but I feel like I am taking a risk on Oliver more so than Simpson

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks! View attachment 1015
I am looking at the exact same 2 trades this week at current time. I am quite comfortable ditching Bont due to the fact that the doggies don't look good and he has shown he doesn't score his best when they aren't winning.

Hibberd I think has a lot more potential trial to rebound and average 95-100 but if we can pick Simpson or Shaw and they have a good year and average around 100-105 then it won't hurt and we can make a tiny bit or money.

The only 2 other trades I could make would be getting a bonner in (would require Hibberd to Bonner) or trading Giles Langdon. Re Giles Langdon, I will hope Higgins comes good and take care of him when/if someone pops up. Re Bonner, I don't think he is a must have given his 2nx rd score. I'd we don't consider Christensen a must have, scoring similarly, then Bonner should be treated similarly.

Those are my thoughts .

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
Do you believe Bonner will be a top 8 defender this year? If not you are going to trade him out. Two trades to get that premium...
That's a bit of a simplistic way of looking at it. I view it as more of a correctional trade. I'm just wondering if it's worth the cash to spend. Realistically I could play Murray on field but it would be nice having some more points on ground whilst I work towards an upgrade. Then there's the other side of it where could use that cash elsewhere if I just stick Naughton on the bench slowly appreciating hoping he doesn't get dropped.

Think ill wait till teams are announced and make a gut call

Reactions: Centroprise

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I'm also considering this exact trade... waiting on teams.

Given how strong the rookies are this year, I think this is the year to be bold early and go for those slightly risky trades that we might not normally go for in other years.

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
That's a bit of a simplistic way of looking at it. I view it as more of a correctional trade. I'm just wondering if it's worth the cash to spend. Realistically I could play Murray on field but it would be nice having some more points on ground whilst I work towards an upgrade. Then there's the other side of it where could use that cash elsewhere if I just stick Naughton on the bench slowly appreciating hoping he doesn't get dropped.

Think ill wait till teams are announced and make a gut call
Fair call. I too have Naughton consider.

I just try and keep things simple. It is very easy to complicate this game with over analysis.

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
Fair call. I too have Naughton consider.

I just try and keep things simple. It is very easy to complicate this game with over analysis.
Yeh thata true but as I've got all my other rookie selections right I'm trying to see if I can get ahead. The more I think about it points on ground is better then cash in the bank.

Reactions: Centroprise