The Yank

Development Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Mar 12, 2016
My question for now:
- Is Ryan a must-have rookie? Worth a trade from a "plugging along" rookie with softish JS like D.Fogarty or Barry? Or an expensive one who's not hitting the heights like A.Brayshaw or LDU?

I would have said Fogarty, but he got interviewed on the field after the game on Thursday, so hard to drop him now!!! So now thinking Barry -> Ryan might be the move to make....
I don’t think Ryan is a must have (Kelly, Finlayson, Doadee). He will have up and down scores. He definitely is worth having but I would not be moving on Barry for him and spending the trade.

I would be very tempted to move Brayshaw, Dow, LDU as high priced rookies who haven’t shown the scoring ceiling we thought. Take the cash.

Maybe the ZGL would be good to move for Ryan at this point? Or even Garlett if you really didn’t have other issues.

The Yank

Development Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Mar 12, 2016
Need to make a trade - who is best pick Selwood Vs Parker Vs Oliver
Like a complete rookie who hadn't achieved match fitness during pre-season I picked Michael Barlow. I missed that he wasn't playing R1 & hoped he'd play R2. I can't seem to find what's wrong with him, so I think I'm going to get rid of him & Rockliff. I'm going a bit left field and choosing Westhoff, who seems to have potential and a POD and am going for Simpson too. Not the best start to the year :(
Yeah. See how teams go with Barlow. He may be an in. Rocky has to go. You have seen two weeks of info, and it isn’t pretty. Move!

Reactions: Prospector

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
I can only hope Sicily and his brain explosion is the last for the season.... Am concerned about Naughton in the back line. While he is only bench cover I think I'll hold. Hoping he will be a slow burn and when the bulldogs tall defenders return, he will be free to grab those intercept marks as opposed to marking the power forwards. Fingers crossed no trades this week.

Reactions: PickenWinners

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
Is Naughton to Bonner worth the trade, would mean I can play him on ground and have Murray and Murphy on the bench

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
Is Naughton to Bonner worth the trade, would mean I can play him on ground and have Murray and Murphy on the bench
Do you believe Bonner will be a top 8 defender this year? If not you are going to trade him out. Two trades to get that premium...

Reactions: Prospector

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
I am incredibly tempted to go hibb > simmo and zerrett > oliver.

Like others, I think simmo has taken some of doch's points. Also after scoring 70s in the JLT, has been over 100 in both games so far. Thirdly, the blues leak a TON of inside 50s, so the ball will be in their def quite a bit this year.

I kept zerrett after his hit in week one, but didn't crack the ton week two. As mentioned in the pod, doesn't handle a tag well, and could have a long term scoring cap from the concussion issues.
Oliver has gawn tapping to him, and is a CP pig. Get's forward as well so can pop up and kick a goal. Plenty of tackles, great disposal eff and clearances.
Seems very sideways, but the down side side for zerrett is scary.

Anyone else have zerrett?

Mark185

Feb 22, 2018
Anyone else have zerrett?

Yes, I do and have been tempted by the same trade, but don’t think I can ditch Merrett. Round 1 was unlucky and round 2 he almost scored 100 so I think he will improve. I know I’ll be gutted trading him later in the season when I could do with another trade.

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
Yes, I do and have been tempted by the same trade, but don’t think I can ditch Merrett. Round 1 was unlucky and round 2 he almost scored 100 so I think he will improve. I know I’ll be gutted trading him later in the season when I could do with another trade.

who do you think will average more for the rest of the season?
how many tags will zerrett get vs oliver?
what happens if zerrett cops another bump to the head?
of course, oliver could break down at any time also..

Tuk

Mar 14, 2018
Hi guys,

Menegola? Couldn’t get near it against the Hawks, he’s got to go. I wonder what people’s thoughts are on Curnow? Can he keep up the form all year or will he be a flash in the pan? That price is mighty tempting.

Also, could use that money to upgrade a struggling Brayshaw to Coniglio. Do people think that is a fair trade or a waste of cash cow potential?

Cheers.

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
Hi guys,

Menegola? Couldn’t get near it against the Hawks, he’s got to go. I wonder what people’s thoughts are on Curnow? Can he keep up the form all year or will he be a flash in the pan? That price is mighty tempting.

Also, could use that money to upgrade a struggling Brayshaw to Coniglio. Do people think that is a fair trade or a waste of cash cow potential?

Cheers.

it seems that this week of the SC year is best for trading in must have rookies, or fixing gambles that did not pay off.
Menegola is one of these gambles, and he should go.
Brayshaw is an expensive rookie, so his cash gen wont be as good as a 102k rookie. He has not set the world on fire, so upgrading would not be the worst idea ever.

I suggest listening to this weeks pod for info that covers pretty much every key payer and option people are thinking of this week.

The Yank

Development Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Mar 12, 2016
Hi guys,

Cheers.
I think you have to move Menegola. New role, low scoring.
I am nervous about Curnow being a key position player at a bottom team. I’d be looking at someone else. McLean? Gray? Heeney? Not sure you have (or don’t).

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
I think you have to move Menegola. New role, low scoring.
I am nervous about Curnow being a key position player at a bottom team. I’d be looking at someone else. McLean? Gray? Heeney? Not sure you have (or don’t).
Heeney!

Irwin M. Fletcher

Patron '18
Mar 16, 2017
Geelong
Need to make a trade - who is best pick Selwood Vs Parker Vs Oliver
I'm probably a bit biased, because of these 3 I have Oliver, but I just reckon he has the biggest upside at his age/stage of career. Not sure Selwood will maintain 132 average once Danger is fully fit and Duncan back in the side. Parker is best value at his price tag, but I think Oliver will end up with best average of the 3

Irwin M. Fletcher

Patron '18
Mar 16, 2017
Geelong
Need to ditch Menegola. Playing with 2 scenarios.
1. Get rid of Menegola & Brayshaw, which allows me to bring in Dusty and Liam Ryan. Will have Danger, Titch & Dusty in Mids, but I'd then have to play 3 rookies on field in Fwds
2. Menegola >>> Heeney and Giles-Langdon >>> Ryan. Not as sexy, but maintains my current structure

Appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
I'm probably a bit biased, because of these 3 I have Oliver, but I just reckon he has the biggest upside at his age/stage of career. Not sure Selwood will maintain 132 average once Danger is fully fit and Duncan back in the side. Parker is best value at his price tag, but I think Oliver will end up with best average of the 3

doesn't Paaaarker have a tendency to score well at the start of the year and slowly fade in the second half?

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
also, I am really struggling to think of a case to keep Hibbo besides "he might come good".
Simpsons has almost double the avg points.

Reactions: PickenWinners