Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
If Hibberd scores 107 he'll got up to $440k. Bear in mind his 124 will then drop out of his price cycle. If he goes at 90 he'll stall around the $450-460k mark.

I'm clearly not as sold on him as others. History says he's not a 100+ averager and he's only hit 90 twice. Given how some of the other Bombers have dropped off after starting well, I'm happy to wait a week for more info and cop the higher price.

There's also plenty of good rookies this week which look like a higher priority for me.

AlLewis

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 16, 2017
Hibberd @400k is not to be sneezed at. What are your priorities to let this guy zip through to the keeper?
Well double downgrade this week for cash while there are bubble options and pendles and probably Shaw next week.

Reactions: doddy2731

luke394

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Apr 28, 2015
Geelong, VIC
Anyone else in the predicament of having Nank in the rucks? I dont have Preuss, so im seriously considering copping the donut for one week so I can stick to my original plan of bringing Pendles in for Swallow this week. Other option is to use the cash to upgrade Roughy to a ruckman and swing Nank fwd and therefore have cover. Hate this crap I had the perfect plan in place :mad: seems like one week of pain for long term gain?

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
If Hibberd scores 107 he'll got up to $440k. Bear in mind his 124 will then drop out of his price cycle. If he goes at 90 he'll stall around the $450-460k mark.
Do you have SC Gold? TS says it's only a $27k jump @ 107.

I only ask because it could be a tight squeeze getting him in next week.

He looked mighty good in week 1 with some intercept marks which I don't recall being a big feature of his game at Essendon.

Reactions: Tandy

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015

He looked mighty good in week 1 with some intercept marks which I don't recall being a big feature of his game at Essendon.
SC Gold is saying score 94 and go up $32k for Hibberd and 81 and 3.8k for Heeney

Reactions: bat

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015

I generally use Footywire as it has more info.

My other concern with Hibbo is he's playing a very uncontested style. Each week he's had 6 marks, but only 1 contested in total. Just the 1 tackle across 2 weeks. Just worried he needs 25+ disposals each week with a high kick percentage and high efficiency to maintain a 90+ average.

Not trying to dissuade anyone from picking him if he suits your trades for this week and if he posts another good score I'll be looking at him next week.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Thinking again, might hold on Hibbo. I've already got 1 mid 90's averaging player (Tuohy) in the back line, I really don't need another.
This is where I'm at. I think by year's end, you'll need to have Shaw, Doc, Laird and Adams, and possibly Roberton if this keeps up. Any 2 of the likes of Tuohy, Hibberd, Howe, Simpson (I'm sure I'm forgetting someone) to finish off the 6, but there's not much room for error down back.

Reactions: AlLewis and Dino

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
This is where I'm at. I think by year's end, you'll need to have Shaw, Doc, Laird and Adams, and possibly Roberton if this keeps up. Any 2 of the likes of Tuohy, Hibberd, Howe, Simpson (I'm sure I'm forgetting someone) to finish off the 6, but there's not much room for error down back.
Lloyd might be the one you are missing.

Ramjets

Patron '20
Feb 5, 2016
Anyone else in the predicament of having Nank in the rucks? I dont have Preuss, so im seriously considering copping the donut for one week so I can stick to my original plan of bringing Pendles in for Swallow this week. Other option is to use the cash to upgrade Roughy to a ruckman and swing Nank fwd and therefore have cover. Hate this crap I had the perfect plan in place :mad: seems like one week of pain for long term gain?

I'd be trying to avoid a donut and moving Nank into the forward line, which should probably be the long term goal anyway. Bound to be another ruck crisis for most teams again at some point in the season and the flexibility he brings as a forward is very handy. Roughy has been underwhelming at best and Pendles should stay around his current price for another week or two.

luke394

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Apr 28, 2015
Geelong, VIC
I'd be trying to avoid a donut and moving Nank into the forward line, which should probably be the long term goal anyway. Bound to be another ruck crisis for most teams again at some point in the season and the flexibility he brings as a forward is very handy. Roughy has been underwhelming at best and Pendles should stay around his current price for another week or two.
Yeah tend to agree with you. The only downer is having to play Swallow for potentially another couple of weeks thats if he's back, and then finding another downgrade rookie which are slim pickings at the moment. The rucks are so hard to pick, I like Stef Martin but his breakeven is like 150ish so was hoping to wait a week or two, and Pendles break even is about 120 he will be 600k in a couple of weeks again. Decisions Decisions

Mick

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Have been burnt by Hibberd before so its a no for me, injury history plus scoring history indicates he will come up short.

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
Looking at turning my 2 mid price failures into a super premo. JOM and Swallow into Bont and Parsons (Or another rookie depending in selections), only problem is its going to take me down to 23 trades which is a position ive never been in this early and no cash in the bank. Coming off a terrible week I feel I need another captain option and I had Bont in my side all pre-season but took him out at the last minute, so would love to get him in.

Fbdonkey

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Victoria
Looking at turning my 2 mid price failures into a super premo. JOM and Swallow into Bont and Parsons (Or another rookie depending in selections), only problem is its going to take me down to 23 trades which is a position ive never been in this early and no cash in the bank. Coming off a terrible week I feel I need another captain option and I had Bont in my side all pre-season but took him out at the last minute, so would love to get him in.

23 trades after this week is fine. You could max trade from now until the end of the byes and still have 8 left for the last 10 weeks

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
It's too late, mate!

Nicko

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 16, 2017
Really tempted to go Beams>Pendles this week, my midfield is sputtering badly (Danger/Selwood/JPK/Tmitch/Fyfe/Beams)
Still a quality midfield you have there, pendles is a great option no doubt but if thats you biggest issue you must have a back and forward line that is already mostly complete.