Forwards 2016

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I've been toying with leaving Libba out but given the reports on his fitness seem pretty positive I probably won't be "brave" enough to let him against me.

Even if he fails it wont be a loss as he'll be in every team anyway. But yes he is ready to go, and will probably be a mistake not to grab him.

Reactions: inwhiterooms

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
I liked the look of Walters last night but dont like starting the season with 2 prems from one club

BArlow is a lock

Reactions: alrighty then

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I liked the look of Walters last night but dont like starting the season with 2 prems from one club

BArlow is a lock
Ha! I was just coming here to raise Walters. Will the more midfield time that everyone's talking about really be there (they've got to fit Barlow back in as well, right?).
Walters would probably have to improve almost 20 points per game in average to be a good pick ... been around a long while ... only played about 60 games ... I guess it is possible he might have that much improvement in him ... anyone else considering him?

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne

BArlow is a lock
I worry about Dusty and Lids if their prices were right so no real reason not to start Barlow and Walters IMO ... if you can convince yourself that Walters is a good pick that is ...

Fbdonkey

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Victoria

BArlow is a lock

Taking 2 premos from a top 4 side doesn't sound bad at all. They may be "on the same line" but Barlow is really a pure mid rather than a fwd.

Reactions: cactus

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I worry about Dusty and Lids if their prices were right so no real reason not to start Barlow and Walters IMO ... if you can convince yourself that Walters is a good pick that is ...
God I can't type. I meant to write "I wouldn't worry" about taking Lids and Dusty. I think I need an editor.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Higgins having a "minor" knee surgery but still likely for R1.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Still struggling with this 3rd forward, I don't really like any of the premiums priced players outside of Martin & Barlow, Zorko is my back up, outside of that ??? Having a look at a few guys who have had issues in the past and had a solid season last season and will look to improve this time around,
found Allen Christensen, personal issues and back surgery at the start of last season didn't get much of a pre-season but still knocked out a 88 average, full pre-season this time around is a big tick, style of play suits SC, role? a concern, high half forward.. will he get enough?

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
Still struggling with this 3rd forward, I don't really like any of the premiums priced players outside of Martin & Barlow, Zorko is my back up, outside of that ??? Having a look at a few guys who have had issues in the past and had a solid season last season and will look to improve this time around,
found Allen Christensen, personal issues and back surgery at the start of last season didn't get much of a pre-season but still knocked out a 88 average, full pre-season this time around is a big tick, style of play suits SC, role? a concern, high half forward.. will he get enough?
Im tossing up between Zorko and Dollhouse

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Still struggling with this 3rd forward, I don't really like any of the premiums priced players outside of Martin & Barlow, Zorko is my back up, outside of that ???
Can you make a case against Dollhouse? He's no bargain but he should be a solid option shouldn't he? He's the other one I have at the moment ...

Reactions: Prospector

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Can you make a case against Dollhouse? He's no bargain but he should be a solid option shouldn't he? He's the other one I have at the moment ...

More midfield options, more opposition attention and harder draw.

Reactions: cactus

Fbdonkey

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Victoria

Why force it then? Why not just stick with 2? Plenty of decent sub 250k players going around.