Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Am i correct in thinking that it maybe time to trade a couple of Sydney rookies sooner than expected?
Mills BE +19
Hewett +30

Need some bug scores to stay an option for further cash generation.
I'm keeping both for a few reasons.
Even with +ve BE their averages suggest that they still have good $$$$ to make.
I'd need a good trade-down option with good JS and on the bubble.
After all the injuries last year I am wary of "unnecessary" trades.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
None of them are really ready to go. Adams the only one I'd consider swapping due to seeming to play more forward time. Next week Adams or Lonegan to Ruggles is likely. Will prob pass on Hartly.
Scratch that. Not Adams. I meant Mitch Brown I might potentially swap due to increased forward time. Not Adams. Definitely not Adams. Adams can stay in my team and on the field for as long as he wants.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Scratch that. Not Adams. I meant Mitch Brown I might potentially swap due to increased forward time. Not Adams. Definitely not Adams. Adams can stay in my team and on the field for as long as he wants.
So You're keeping Adams then?

Reactions: GeoffMack

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
None of them are really ready to go. Adams the only one I'd consider swapping due to seeming to play more forward time. Next week Adams or Lonegan to Ruggles is likely. Will prob pass on Hartly.

I just have this feeling Lonergan could come good

Reactions: cactus and Steve

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I just have this feeling Lonergan could come good
Yeah. I think Lonergan deserves a bit longer.

It is really just Brad Crouch that has me a bit concerned and it is not like he is losing me money or is a really big investment sitting in the bench ... but I had Menadue on field for him this week which hurt a bit.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Yeah. I think Lonergan deserves a bit longer.

It is really just Brad Crouch that has me a bit concerned and it is not like he is losing me money or is a really big investment sitting in the bench ... but I had Menadue on field for him this week which hurt a bit.

Didnt mind keeping him for 1 week but looks like being another 2 possibly 3, dont really want to use 2 trades this week.

alrighty then

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 30, 2015
You're thinking of trading Adams next week!!?

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
I'm playing Menadue, Mills n Bennedy on ground mid. Dunkley, Hewitt, Davis on bench. I need to upgrade 1 of these.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Liked the way Rocket talked about Callum Ah Chee last week, seems genuine best 22 & looks to have a very big ceiling if he can get 15+ touches after 56 from 8 and 76 from 9, unfortunately 189K and only -22be

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
I'm playing Menadue, Mills n Bennedy on ground mid. Dunkley, Hewitt, Davis on bench. I need to upgrade 1 of these.

I turned Mills into Well last week. Justified it to myself by calling it a correction trade. Nothing wrong with Bennedy on ground and I'd be putting the emergency on Menadue tonight. See how he goes. 65 + would be a good result IMO and I'd take it. Otherwise Davis seems good for a steady 50 odd.

You're not the only one out there that's playing rookies on the field.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
might be time for Papley to go... Probably be dropped too, but breakeven of 60ish this week means he'll likely be out of my side

[roughly calculated breakeven... assuming the math is correct, first time I've thought about calculating breakevens... and it's 1am so probably got it all wrong ;) ]

Reactions: Steve

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
might be time for Papley to go... Probably be dropped too, but breakeven of 60ish this week means he'll likely be out of my side

[roughly calculated breakeven... assuming the math is correct, first time I've thought about calculating breakevens... and it's 1am so probably got it all wrong ;) ]
I guesstimate about the same.

It's perfect timing for Ruggles via DPP action but a 40 this week makes me hesitate. He did get 17 touches though - how do you score just 40 from 17 touches (70% DE)??

Are there any other options that look viable? I don't want to do what I do every year and trade in some bloke I'm not keen on just because he's getting games then he gets dropped and sits on the pine for the rest of the year....

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I guesstimate about the same.

It's perfect timing for Ruggles via DPP action but a 40 this week makes me hesitate. He did get 17 touches though - how do you score just 40 from 17 touches (70% DE)??

Are there any other options that look viable? I don't want to do what I do every year and trade in some bloke I'm not keen on just because he's getting games then he gets dropped and sits on the pine for the rest of the year....
Ciaran Byrne looks alright. Scored well last night but got a knock in the 3rd and slowed right down after that.

Reactions: alman

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Ciaran Byrne looks alright. Scored well last night but got a knock in the 3rd and slowed right down after that.
Lee managed 61 with 5 clangers which is a pretty good effort... Roberton only on the injury list for 2-3 though

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Lee and Byrne did look OK, but JS is concerning. Byrne-Jones is the other one playing his 2nd game today.

Actually was keen on Lee preseason. If he looks like holding his spot he might be the one to go for.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Byrne-Jones looks a player and Impey dropped before him and one of their best in a thumping.

Reactions: Dino and Steve