X v. Y

Ramjets

Patron '20
Feb 5, 2016
I had KK in for most of the PS, didn't like his NABs and had a niggle or two. Just not sold on how good the Crows will be minus Danger and with a tough SoS.

Could switch KK with Laird? But like yourself, I'm wary of the crows draw, particularly early.

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
I've had Laird locked for a while, contradictory to what I just said about the Crows! Just think he's a real solid little player heading into a good stage of his career. Great form in the NABs too.
Maybe don't get both Laird and Smith, but.

Reactions: Ramjets

Ramjets

Patron '20
Feb 5, 2016
Why not Danger / Selwood? I don't like Sloane getting all the attention with Danger gone plus tough SoS. I actually like Danger / Sidebottom at a similar price.

Danger/Sidebottom Is a great option, but I like Danger/Shiel even more.

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Danger/Sidebottom Is a great option, but I like Danger/Shiel even more.
Yeah I'm ok with that too. Shiel always seems to get a niggle thru the year but he could be a genuine 110+ kinda guy. Been some good press on him too.

simon87

Aspiring Coach
Mar 12, 2016
Why not Danger / Selwood? I don't like Sloane getting all the attention with Danger gone plus tough SoS. I actually like Danger / Sidebottom at a similar price.
Yeah good call, Danger/Selwood seems like a safe bet, only worry for me is if Selwood continues to cop the tag, but pretty sure Danger will have it most weeks which should see Selwood improve on last year and make a good pick.

currymunchers

Premiership Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
Melbourne
Last one,

Dangerfield/Sloane
Vs
Fyfe/Selwood

I actually think Sloane will be great this season, but I understand the concerns. In the past he hasn't copped much attention with danger around but how many teams actually tag these days anyway? The kangas were a big one with jacobs last year but he is an emergency for round 1 so sloane will run around free. He'll attend more centre bounces and will have to shoulder more of the midfield load. Given he only needs 25 odd touches to get 120 I think he'll be 110+ easily this year. So I'd go danger and sloane

Reactions: Prospector

currymunchers

Premiership Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
Melbourne
Narrowed my equation down to 2 options after deciding I didn't want papley:

Rich Nicnat S.Gray
Vs
Brodie Stef Buddy

Is there a way to do a poll without starting a new thread?

Dannyk

Patron '19
Patron '20
May 9, 2015
Narrowed my equation down to 2 options after deciding I didn't want papley:

Rich Nicnat S.Gray
Vs
Brodie Stef Buddy

Is there a way to do a poll without starting a new thread?

I think Nicnat vs Stef is dead even.
Dont like either of the SGray / Buddy selections, Id be looking elsewhere.
So it comes down to Smith vs Rich which I cam currently wrestling with. Both teams seem to have a pretty tough draw to start the season, hard to say one harder than the other. Im leaning ever so slightly towards Rich as I already have Laird and not sure about both Laird and smith both in my team

Reactions: currymunchers

Dannyk

Patron '19
Patron '20
May 9, 2015
KK up against Laird.

Can any one shed some light on this one??

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London
KK up against Laird.

Can any one shed some light on this one??

Seen a bit more of Laird and he seems the pick of those two as his price suggests. Gets more of the pill than KK and is a pretty solid user. I think he'll spend more time running through the midfield too this year which won't hurt his scores.

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London
Ive reached that funny moment when I'm happy with the players I've picked but I've still got 44K in the bank. I've tried to flip things around and obviously I can spend the cash but I don't to change my selections. I guess having a bit of cash like that can help if I want to make any changes before the price rise in week 3. Thoughts?

Reactions: Prospector

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Ive reached that funny moment when I'm happy with the players I've picked but I've still got 44K in the bank. I've tried to flip things around and obviously I can spend the cash but I don't to change my selections. I guess having a bit of cash like that can help if I want to make any changes before the price rise in week 3. Thoughts?
Keep it in case one of you rooks does a relton and you need the cash ie: a hewett to gresham for example.no cash and it happens and your at the mercy of trading in whoever is available for the same $ which can suck.

wattsgoinon9

Mar 10, 2016
Melbourne
www.facebook.com
Birchall vs Suckling

Don't neeeed the extra cash but am thinking if they both end up avg 90 then the extra $70k will come in handy down the track. Also Birch more of a chance to get a tag, and a rest for that matter?