X v. Y

currymunchers

Premiership Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
Melbourne
Sorry for the long post in advance fellas. This is my last decision so figured I'd get other people's input! Which combo do people like out of:

1) Rich Nicnat S.Gray
vs
2) Brodie Stef S.Gray
vs
3) Brodie Stef Buddy
vs
4) Yeo Stef Buddy
vs
5) Yeo Nicnat Buddy

- Rich should be good in a full time midfield role but he has had plenty of years (many in the midfield) and has averaged 90 just once. People selecting him would essentially be expecting a career best year for him to be a good pick
- Refuse to believe Brodie's as bad as he was last season and the concussions definitely knocked him around (http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...s/news-story/d62c37896969767036f19181b339251a). Has the potential to average 95+
- Yeo stunk it up in the back half of last season but played in a lockdown role given the injuries. Played an excellent freewheeling role in the NAB games but failed to score well in 2/3 games. A massive risk vs reward selection given his ability to go big (but also very small)

- In the rucks, Stef is a safe 110+ option (particularly with no 2nd ruck) but Nicnat is capable of averaging similar numbers if he puts it together

- Buddy once again a big risk and I'm inclined not to take it but we all know what he's capable of doing. Gray still has a question mark in terms of role and therefore his ability to score well consistently but I quite like him and am happy to roll the dice there.

Leaning towards option 1 but get the feeling options 3 or 4 have the most potential. They all require different combinations of 2 of Mccarthy/Hewett/Papley, but given the uncertainty around these guys I'd rather concentrate on being happy with my on field players.

Last edited:

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
- Buddy once again a big risk and I'm inclined not to take it but we all know what he's capable of doing. Gray still has a question mark in terms of role and therefore his ability to score well consistently but I quite like him and am happy to roll the dice there.
Isn't this the crucial decision? Or did I fall sucker to the question ...?

Take Gray and there's 2 options - do otherwise, there's 3!

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
1) Rich Nicnat S.Gray
vs
2) Brodie Stef S.Gray
vs
3) Brodie Stef Buddy
vs
4) Yeo Stef Buddy
vs
5) Yeo Nicnat Buddy

Well I ended up going Rich (without a huge amount of confidence) and NicNat. And I steered clear of Buddy and Gray. Not sure if that helps.

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Alright I'm stumped, Essendon not naming Hartley has caused a mad reshuffle.. I've decided to get B.Crouch in for Parker to get a playing defender because I don't want to risk Hartley potentially sitting on my bench for half a season making no money... So I can either bump him up to N.Wilson (GWS) who I see as a potential breakout candidate or the slightly less riskier O.McDonald and leave myself with 140k warchest for adjustments.. Does anyone know anything about McDonald?? How's his JS??

cledus32

Jun 25, 2015
Milera and $317,000 (option to upgrade to hot mid priced early)
T McKenzie and $187,000
Greene and and $46,000

Thought on these 3 options?
I like McKenzie, but his JS is my main concern

simon87

Aspiring Coach
Mar 12, 2016
Priddis/Hartley
Vs
T. McDonald/Parish

Also:

Priddis/Hartley
Vs
Shiel/Dea

Is Hartley worth keeping?

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
B Crouch (On field), Hartley (or similar), McCarthy & Gresham
Vs
Parish (On field), Oliver, Dea & Papley

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Thanks. Still not entirely convinced on KK, but I'll stick with the advice.
I had KK in for most of the PS, didn't like his NABs and had a niggle or two. Just not sold on how good the Crows will be minus Danger and with a tough SoS.

Reactions: Prospector