X v. Y

brenna

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Feb 26, 2016
I'm thinking of trading Brad Crouch up to another mid field premium and I thinking probably Parker or Tom Mitchell and I'm finding it very hard to split the two of them.

Anyone got a good idea of how to split these two?
Out of the two Titch gets chocolates for me, Parker is always hurting himself or he's team mates like Heeney on the weekend! absolute beast to watch him go about it though!

Any reason on why you're only looking at Sydney players though, they've had 3 pretty easy games to start the season along with 2 at the SCG, and such a gun midfield means they share the points a lot and their averages will only come down against tougher opposition

Personally I'd be looking at the likes of Ward, Blicavs and Priddis. But that's only my opinion, it is your team after all! always go with your gut!

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Out of the two Titch gets chocolates for me, Parker is always hurting himself or he's team mates like Heeney on the weekend! absolute beast to watch him go about it though!

Any reason on why you're only looking at Sydney players though, they've had 3 pretty easy games to start the season along with 2 at the SCG, and such a gun midfield means they share the points a lot and their averages will only come down against tougher opposition

Personally I'd be looking at the likes of Ward, Blicavs and Priddis. But that's only my opinion, it is your team after all! always go with your gut!

Like Blicavs and he'll be very solid but not top 10 I dont think most games Danger, Selwood, Duncan and Blitz can't all go 110+

brenna

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Feb 26, 2016
Like Blicavs and he'll be very solid but not top 10 I dont think most games Danger, Selwood, Duncan and Blitz can't all go 110+
Probably right but you never know with him, he just keeps Improving every year!

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Any reason on why you're only looking at Sydney players though
I guess the reasons you quote about the competition for points is why I don't have any Sydney mids in the team so far.
Priddis seems like the
Any reason on why you're only looking at Sydney players though, they've had 3 pretty easy games to start the season along with 2 at the SCG, and such a gun midfield means they share the points a lot
I guess there are question marks of one kind or another over pretty much all of the mids I don't already have. It is true that there is competition for Sydney midfield points but that is still better than playing in a struggling team like Murphy, Cotchin, Stevens etc.

Parker and Titch both look to have the potential to finish top ten mids - but they aren't locks for the reason discussed.

Priddis - probably the next on my list I guess - doesn't have the ceiling of most other so 120 average looks out of the question - this is offset by his reliability he usually plays 22 - I might well have taken him this week except there are reports he's struggling to get up for the Tiges game with a thigh strain. Also he's often available cheaper mid season.

Ward - I like him as a pick - I guess I have in the back of my mind that Mummy is very injury prone and if he goes down again it could have a bit of an effect on the GWS mids. Would grab him in an instant if he was really discounted during the year.

Blicavs - have to admit I haven't given him a whole heap of though as a straight mid - fairly speculative given he has never averaged midfield keeper level before - but he a Geelong seem to be on the up so could be a great pick.

Selwood is probably the other one I've considered but trading Crouch to another injury risk doesn't seem the brightest move.

Still really second guessing this decision ...

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
Priddis, Ruggles(onfield), Degoey vs Dustin Martin/Merrett/Dalhouse, Papley(onfield), Lonergan

which set up is more likely going to get me more points in weeks to come.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Pendles (2trades) vs Sloane (1trade)
Very tough call. I do think Pendles is the slightly better bet going forward ... but an extra trade to close the deal ... that really hurts. Is the other trade one you want to do anyway? If it is I'd probably go Pendles. If not Sloane ...

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Put another way I've had Pendles from the start. I still think he's a pretty good pick and I think if you get him now you're getting him at a great price.

Sloane I've still got a couple of question marks over. I'm probably going to bring in two mid premiums this week and I'm not really considering Sloane.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Put another way I've had Pendles from the start. I still think he's a pretty good pick and I think if you get him now you're getting him at a great price.

Sloane I've still got a couple of question marks over. I'm probably going to bring in two mid premiums this week and I'm not really considering Sloane.

Menadue or BenKen will have to go to get cash for Pendles both look like they can still make a little cash.

Could just go conservative & downgrade S Gray