Round 9 Trades

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Yeah that's a tough one, esp given both their BEs are high. I'd prob look at upgrading at least one of them now if you have the cash, prob more leaning towards GHS. Are you bringing Myers in? IF so, who for?

Balic has now complicated things big time. I really don't know who to trade for Myers now.
I just had to double check my team, i never got Balic in to my team. I'm tempted to go Hannan to Myers via Taranto. You could do the same using Balic's DPP to help your R11 bye

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
My issue now is bye management. Currently my setup is 16-19-19 when I factor in all DPP and positional usage. On paper for me the best trades are either
1. Otten and Eddy to Hibberd and Myers
2. Otten and WHE/SPP to Hibberd and Greene

But neither improves my bye situation, I think holding all of Otten, SPP and WHE through round 11 is the best long term play. Option one does fix some DPP issues I currently have with Yeo stuck in my Mids.

Substituting Otten with Marchbank in either option does improve my rnd 11 bye by 1 but means going a bit early, Marchbank still has a bit of cash to make.

I could just say let what may and deal with Byes over next fortnight by moving on Marchbank later pre rnd 11.

Team is like this before trades with 230k

Def
Docherty, Laird, Shaw,T Adams, Newman, Marchbank, Otten, Stewart

Mid
Bont, Danger, Fyfe, Cripps, Treloar, Yeo, Taranto, SPP, Berry, Barret, Z Fisher

Ruc
Sandi, Witts, Strandica

Fwd
Macrae, Dahl, Steele, Nank, WHE, Heeney, Parsons, Eddy

Would appreciate any opinions, Really struggling to think through this one.
I am having trouble trying to sift through all the options on the table this week also. From the options you have in front of you, they only way I can see you improving your situation is to move on a rd 11 rookie. Like you say, it isn't desirable though, but it appears to be the only option. I'm not sure Hibbered will help though as he has the rd 11 bye.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Don't really know how this has happened but I'm going to have to field Barret, Fisher & Hannan... :oops:

Tandy

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Feb 28, 2016
Is Myers a must have? If I get him this week I miss a cheapish Heeney or a JPk. I dont care too much for byes as Im in it for a cash league flag. Im sitting 8th atm. Parfitt out for Myers if so. My fwd line is thin with black balic parson n eddy if I get myers. Cant get heeney and myers cos my cash is in Witts in the fwd line.

Nickjames5

Patron '17
Mar 12, 2017
Is there anyone out there smarter than me who can tell me how to avoid a donut this week? My only priority is to bring Myers into my team. Bold indicates who is missing at this stage.

DEF: Docherty / Laird / Adams / Shaw / Newman --- Stewart / V-Willis
MID: Dangerfield / Fyfe / Neale / T. Mitchell / Treloar / D. Beams / Berry / Barrett --- D. Swalllow / Powell-Pepper / Balic
RUCK: Witts / Sandliands --- Strnadica
FWD: Macrae / Dahlhaus / Yeo / Ryder / Higgins / Hoskin-Elliot --- Pickett / Eddy

Cheers,

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
Is there anyone out there smarter than me who can tell me how to avoid a donut this week? My only priority is to bring Myers into my team. Bold indicates who is missing at this stage.

MID: Dangerfield / Fyfe / Neale / T. Mitchell / Treloar / D. Beams / Berry / Barrett --- D. Swalllow / Powell-Pepper / Balic
FWD: Macrae / Dahlhaus / Yeo / Ryder / Higgins / Hoskin-Elliot --- Pickett / Eddy

Cheers,
You'd need to trade 2 of Pickett or Balic, Eddy and Witts. You're best just to wait for teams as there are big question marks over Beams and Treloar. If one or both of Treloar/Beams doesn't play, you're best trading out both Balic and Pickett. Otherwise your best move (to avoid more donuts- maybe not the best overall) will be to trade only one of them and one of Eddy/Witts.

crimewavex

Mar 17, 2016
Who to cut from the side first between Butler & Houston? One has to go or I'll be copping a donut but cannot decide since Butler seems to have good JS and Houston was dropped.

Brky

Aspiring Coach
Jun 12, 2015
You'd need to trade 2 of Pickett or Balic, Eddy and Witts. You're best just to wait for teams as there are big question marks over Beams and Treloar. If one or both of Treloar/Beams doesn't play, you're best trading out both Balic and Pickett. Otherwise your best move (to avoid more donuts- maybe not the best overall) will be to trade only one of them and one of Eddy/Witts.
"Confirmed" today in article on HS by Buckley that Treloar will play. 1 less headache.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...t/news-story/c3cf50d474b819a02d98f01616e3307b

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Reactions: Prospector

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Who to cut from the side first between Butler & Houston? One has to go or I'll be copping a donut but cannot decide since Butler seems to have good JS and Houston was dropped.

I reckon houston was rested and might be handy through byes, plus Butler is injured.

Reactions: Prospector

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I'm in this weird position of thinking about going early on Ess Stewart or one of these forward 1st game rookies or maybe even Paddy McCartin. It's all a bit yuck tbh.

Reactions: TomCat

Shinboner

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 19, 2016
So Harley Balic is now on indefinite personal leave. Not sure what the issue is but hope he gets himself right.

There's another trade to burn though...
Been seeing this. Do you have a source? Might have to go Balic to Myers. Spew Balic gave good flexibility

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
Injury/ suspended list for my SuperCoach this year Riewoldt, beams, swallow, rocky, nankervis, treloar and Gawn this year can fuck off and I'll see u all in 2018 lol Frustrated is an understatement

Reactions: Gawn Armi Witts

Shinboner

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 19, 2016
Injury/ suspended list for my SuperCoach this year Riewoldt, beams, swallow, rocky, nankervis, treloar and Gawn this year can fuck off and I'll see u all in 2018 lol Frustrated is an understatement
Seems like a standard year to me

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Myers on an extended bench for Sunday. Watch for Sunday teams tomorrow...

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Really surprised to see I have 18 players already for rd 11, 22 for rd 12 & 16 for rd 13.........

.............cough....

...............What I meant to say is; through exceptional planning on my behalf I have all bye rounds well and truly covered.
Until the teams are named

Reactions: TomCat and Benj

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Been seeing this. Do you have a source? Might have to go Balic to Myers. Spew Balic gave good flexibility
The Fremantle twitter account and website both mentioned it. Was on most sports news sites as well. Its a definite... Im going Balic to Myers too. Really hurts as I have to hang onto Pickett now (he's my only M/F swing in the mids) and cant do my planned trade of Hannan to Myers via DPP.

Reactions: Shinboner

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015

Cheers,
You have only named 5 backs. Who ids your 6th?