Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Also I am thinking of going Hampton to Newman. He is going to make so much cash now .. he is a must have rookie.

Sadly, I traded him out last week to get Adams in.
I have contemplated this scenario and hopefully it gets covered in this weeks pod.

On 1 hand you get some nice cash generation but on the other hand you are bringing back in a player you are going to have to trade out again around his bye.

A lot of factors come into play. Team setup for byes, number of trades left......

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
Great team. In much better shape than mine. Guessing you'd be ranked fairly high?

Are you worried about having to carry Hibberd through the byes? I have Pickett in that M10 spot and will be moving him to Myers this week. Sure it doesn't net much cash at all but it gets rid of a dead rookie and keeps the cash flowing for future trades.

I'd look at Hibberd-Myers + Otten-Dusty and then I'd look at upgrading whichever one of SPP/WHE you can afford for a good option the following week.

You'll be setup very well.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm ranked around 8k now but was 24k before last round. Had a couple of shocking weeks where things didn't go right but I think my team is starting take shape and I've got all the right rookies as well.

I have carried Hibberd as he offers the DPP flexibility. I plan on keeping him for a bit for that reason. As I mentioned i'm not too concerned about the byes. I'm only going for league wins and in all leagues I'm sitting pretty.

Otten to Dusty is definitely high on my radar given the value but there are so many options I can take. The like of Merrett, Cripps, Dusty, Docherty all really appeal to me. I'm think Hannan to Myers the more I think about it.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
So my team reads as follows:

Laird, Shaw, Hibberd, Marchbank, Otten, Newman (Berry, Stewart)
Danger, JPK, Fyfe, T.Mitchell, Oliver, J.Lloyd, Steele, SPP (Barrett, Balic, Hibberd)
Martin, Sandilands (Strnadica)
Dahlhaud, Macrae, Nank, Heeney, Higgins, WHE (Hannan, Parsons)

So I have 310k in the bank and 18 trades. Highlighted are keepers. Only going for league wins. I plan on using 3 more trades then having a big hiatus from trading.

I'm stuck on trading for this week. Initally, I was thinking

Otten -> Dusty via Lloyd
SPP -> Myers

this leave me with 330k to do an upgrade next week.

Now I'm sort of leaning towards Otten -> Docherty & SPP to Myers which will leave me with about 250k.

Ay suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
You have 14 (15 if you include Strndica) players missing R11, Dont get Docherty that will give 15 (16) missing R11.

Dusty is an ok pick but i prefer to pick him only in DT/AF. What about Otten -> Adams and WHE to Myers (if you want him)

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
You have 14 (15 if you include Strndica) players missing R11, Dont get Docherty that will give 15 (16) missing R11.

Dusty is an ok pick but i prefer to pick him only in DT/AF. What about Otten -> Adams and WHE to Myers (if you want him)

I was thinking Adams too given he adds an extra layer of DPP flexibility. I'm just always nervous about him given his injury history but he seems to be over that now. As I mentioned early I'm too concerned about the byes as I am in a good spot in my leagues and I just want to win my leagues.

I really struggling to work out who to trade to Myers.

Reactions: Tandy

Shane Medcalf

Aspiring Coach
Feb 19, 2017
Hey guys struggling to think of trades this week. Atm 20trades 41k in the bank.

Def. Laird adams shaw lloyd marchbank newman stewart Hampton

Mid. Danger fyfe treloar tmitch martin bont barret spp fisher balic parfitt

Ruck sandi grundy stradinca

Fwd yeo dahl macrea nank whe Parsons houston eddy

Thinking of keeping spp thru byes so i could either whe and houston to myers and zmerret or just go one trade or upgrade Hampton but can only afford hibbered. Thinking of upgrading midfield as other lines aren't to bad thoughts?

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Hey guys struggling to think of trades this week. Atm 20trades 41k in the bank.

Def. Laird adams shaw lloyd marchbank newman stewart Hampton

Mid. Danger fyfe treloar tmitch martin bont barret spp fisher balic parfitt

Ruck sandi grundy stradinca

Fwd yeo dahl macrea nank whe Parsons houston eddy

Thinking of keeping spp thru byes so i could either whe and houston to myers and zmerret or just go one trade or upgrade Hampton but can only afford hibbered. Thinking of upgrading midfield as other lines aren't to bad thoughts?
I think you need to get Parsons off the field but it won't happen this week as you wont have the cash. You're still holding Parfitt, he is dead weight and useless to you. Offload him for Myers for some quick cash and then look at going one up, one down next week.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
I was thinking Adams too given he adds an extra layer of DPP flexibility. I'm just always nervous about him given his injury history but he seems to be over that now. As I mentioned early I'm too concerned about the byes as I am in a good spot in my leagues and I just want to win my leagues.

Do you really need to get Myers??

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
Do you really need to get Myers??

I guess he isn't the be all and end all but ideally I'd like to given his job security and cash making potential. I know there will be a few rookies coming in over the next few weeks but not as sure about JS obviously. And I'd like to prob upgrade WHE around the byes.

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
its a waste of 2 trades getting him in again and then out again. Also doesnt have the JS even though Macca is out again.

Why didnt you trade Hampton last week?? He might make his 70 BE this week against a rockyless Lions

I doubt Hampton will play this week.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015

Not to scare monger but was in a moon boot after the game Saturday.

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Sounds good to me without knowing the rest of your side. Are you sure JJK is the forward you want? I prefer the mids available up there.

Agreed. I have "The best Full Forward in the comp" - Thomas J Lynch and that shit stain 29 he delivered last week is making me want to rage trade him like you wouldn't believe

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Agreed. I have "The best Full Forward in the comp" - Thomas J Lynch and that shit stain 29 he delivered last week is making me want to rage trade him like you wouldn't believe
...and making me think he's the perfect upgrade to target in round 13!

Reactions: Haychh

Fisker FC

Patron '18
Apr 21, 2017
started B.Vince - Has dropped around $100K this year.
Banged out a 114 round 1 but now he's tagging and doing eff all. 41 on the weekend. BE 90+
Must i move him on this week? If so who too (def rookie)

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
started B.Vince - Has dropped around $100K this year.
Banged out a 114 round 1 but now he's tagging and doing eff all. 41 on the weekend. BE 90+
Must i move him on this week? If so who too (def rookie)
+1

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
I guess he isn't the be all and end all but ideally I'd like to given his job security and cash making potential. I know there will be a few rookies coming in over the next few weeks but not as sure about JS obviously. And I'd like to prob upgrade WHE around the byes.
Im in the similar instance. Do i trade WHE and GHS or keep until their bye and trade

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
Im in the similar instance. Do i trade WHE and GHS or keep until their bye and trade

Yeah that's a tough one, esp given both their BEs are high. I'd prob look at upgrading at least one of them now if you have the cash, prob more leaning towards GHS. Are you bringing Myers in? IF so, who for?

Balic has now complicated things big time. I really don't know who to trade for Myers now.

Reactions: tabs

Jason14

Mar 7, 2016
thanks. My team is currently
Laird Adams Z jones marchbank Newman berry - Williamson (trade this week) Stewart
Bont danger pendles treloar J Lloyd JPK Fyfe Barrett - D swallow, spp, balic
Sandi Grundy - d Cameron
Dahl Greene heeney Nank Steele butler (trade this week) -matera parsons
147k in bank. Hence the reason that butler/Williamson trade to jjk and Myers.. just afford Jjk, would love macrae but short of funds and need round 11 players

Brky

Aspiring Coach
Jun 12, 2015
My issue now is bye management. Currently my setup is 16-19-19 when I factor in all DPP and positional usage. On paper for me the best trades are either
1. Otten and Eddy to Hibberd and Myers
2. Otten and WHE/SPP to Hibberd and Greene

But neither improves my bye situation, I think holding all of Otten, SPP and WHE through round 11 is the best long term play. Option one does fix some DPP issues I currently have with Yeo stuck in my Mids.

Substituting Otten with Marchbank in either option does improve my rnd 11 bye by 1 but means going a bit early, Marchbank still has a bit of cash to make.

I could just say let what may and deal with Byes over next fortnight by moving on Marchbank later pre rnd 11.

Team is like this before trades with 230k

Def
Docherty, Laird, Shaw,T Adams, Newman, Marchbank, Otten, Stewart

Mid
Bont, Danger, Fyfe, Cripps, Treloar, Yeo, Taranto, SPP, Berry, Barret, Z Fisher

Ruc
Sandi, Witts, Strandica

Fwd
Macrae, Dahl, Steele, Nank, WHE, Heeney, Parsons, Eddy

Would appreciate any opinions, Really struggling to think through this one.