Round 7 Trades

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Thoughts on downgrading Libba for smith? Ive also got Davis on the pine, but dont get much cash or for that one.
It looks like Libba has stagnated and has had a role change at the doggies.

He knocked out 70 on one leg last week, personally happy if he can go at 90 and be in my last couple upgrades, he's had a bit of a role change but who knows for how long, 65% in the most midtime of any Dog thus far this season

Reactions: Nato and Prospector

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
Wouldn't do Libba downgrade .. worst case he is a sold 80+ which is more than any rookie would consistently get.
Also if you downgrade you just add to the rookie pool of potential disaster, you should upgrade if anything.

Reactions: Nato

Rob86

Aspiring Coach
Apr 11, 2016
I'm tempted to trade out Dea & Weitering, put Smith in the backs, move Adams from FWD to defence and get Toby Greene in... Risky?

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
I'm tempted to trade out Dea & Weitering, put Smith in the backs, move Adams from FWD to defence and get Toby Greene in... Risky?

Sounds good to me. If you don't have Barlow I would bring him in ahead of Greene tho.

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
Trading Dea-Smith

Should I use a second trade?
With Weitering should I go for a premo or hold him on the bench?
Also, have R Gray sitting on the bench, do i keep him also?

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
Was sold on Smith. Now getting on the Cox instead.

Dea/Tippa for Houli/Cox.

Just really like the idea of swing ruck cover with Grimley. Also a fun story to follow from a fan's perspective.

Reactions: Steve

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
If I had a DPP R3 then I'd be getting Cox too. I went with a non playing r3 with a lot of Sunday games for maximum loophole benefit. Lesson learned for next year.

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Thoughts on downgrading Libba for smith? Ive also got Davis on the pine, but dont get much cash or for that one.
It looks like Libba has stagnated and has had a role change at the doggies.

I've considered trading Libba but honestly, I think he's a hold. He'll get plenty of contested ball no matter where he plays and that's where the points are.

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
Still tossing up on
Menadue - Smith and Mills - Rocky
or
Tippa-smith and Wietering-Boyd

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
Thinking McCarthy to Cox is the priority opening up Loersch swing ruck cover as doubt Goldy will play.

This leaves me with a touch choice of the following

Fyfe to Parker

or

Fyfe to Smith

Is the Smith train too good to miss?

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
Advice on Trades. R. Gray still on bench. 132k left, 25 Trades.
Have made the Dea-Smith Trade. Should I keep Weitering and just do the 1 trade. Or is there something else needed?

Def: Shaw, Rich, Seedsman, Adams, D Byrne-Jones, Tippa, Brown, Dea
Mid: Ablett, Danger, Priddis, SMITH, Hannebury, Libba, Mills, Hewett, R Gray, Davis, Oliver
Ruc: Gawn, Natanui, Grimley
Fwd: D Martin, A Hall, Wells, Menadue, Barlow, McCarthy, Kennedy, Kerridge, Menadue

simon87

Aspiring Coach
Mar 12, 2016
Need advice guys
Looking at upgrading Weitering to Rich, but not sure whether to trade out Tippa (via B.Kennedy) or Parish to J.Smith

Any recommendations?

MVallence90

Mar 22, 2016
Okay one trade down, JLonergan finally out for JSmith,

Now can move on Weitering with $576,300. Can get any DEF or FWD out there. But to get a forward will have to move Adams down back losing DPP DEF/FWD link with Tippa, Brown & Adams all down there.

DEF currently: Shaw, Laird, Simpson, Yeo, DBJ, Weitering (Brown, Tippa)
FWD currently: Hall, Barlow, Wingard, Adams, Wells, Kerridge, (Paps, McCarthy)

Which lines needs beefing up, personally I feel my MIDS are my weakest with
MIDS: Gaz, Selwood, Pendles, SMitchell, Libba, Mills, Oliver, JSmith (Davis, Hewitt, BKen)
$576,300 worth grabbing any mids. I like Priddis at 550K but with NicNat & Yeo that would mean 3 from WCE which could hurt come the bye.

Thoughts?

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong

Now can move on Weitering with $576,300. Can get any DEF or FWD out there. But to get a forward will have to move Adams down back losing DPP DEF/FWD link with Tippa, Brown & Adams all down there.

MIDS: Gaz, Selwood, Pendles, SMitchell, Libba, Mills, Oliver, JSmith (Davis, Hewitt, BKen)
$576,300 worth grabbing any mids. I like Priddis at 550K but with NicNat & Yeo that would mean 3 from WCE which could hurt come the bye.

Thoughts?
I had the same sort of dilemma as you with losing the def/fwd DPP but none of the premium defenders are doing it for me at the moment. I went for a bottomed out Dusty. He will still be a top 6 mid and this is usually around the time of season he decides to start playing. I wanted Zorko but will wait to see how Beams and Rocky effect him.

Your mids are probably one premo short but getting a fwd/mid premo in there and starting them on field instead of Bennedy gives you a bit more flexibility down the track too. Move them forward in a few weeks and put your next elite mid in there.

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015

Thoughts?
I had the same ideas but ended up getting Boyd with laird out felt I couldn't afford to have 4 rookies on field in defence

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Pulled the trigger on BKennedy to DMartin last night, hopefully Ben keeps up his 60's,

Still plan JLonergan to JMcveigh but just waiting as long as I can

Unforgiven

Patron '18
Patron '19
May 14, 2015
Pulled the trigger on BKennedy to DMartin last night, hopefully Ben keeps up his 60's,

Nice Move, Eyeing off Martin next week probably. I think Benken will get the 65+. J.McVeigh is an interesting one, got a couple more weeks to scope him out.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015

Sounds good. I'm hanging on to BenKen hoping for a decent score to boost him a bit further. and maybe get him to Wingard in couple of weeks.

Lonergan I'm also just hoping for 1 big game somewhere to get him up around $400k before I trade him.

McVeigh I'm not convinced. He looked shot at the end of last year, getting plenty of the ball but he was butchering it badly and looked like age was catching him up fast. At this stage he's not even on my radar, but if he's shows his top form I'll consider him.