Round 7 Trades

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London
Ok. So I'll kick things off. Who the hell is Josh Smith? I didn't see the Coll/WC match. Was it as good a game from him as the stats suggest? Any Collingwood supporters out there? What's his JS look like?

mdola2

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '19
Feb 24, 2016
Ok. So I'll kick things off. Who the hell is Josh Smith? I didn't see the Coll/WC match. Was it as good a game from him as the stats suggest? Any Collingwood supporters out there? What's his JS look like?
Can find the ball, but tends to butcher it a fair bit. Job security is hard to gauge. There are far worse performers in the team at the moment and if Langdon's ankle doesn't come up he should definitely have a place in the side for at least a few more weeks.

Reactions: Prospector

mdola2

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '19
Feb 24, 2016
And as far as downgrade targets go this week he's the only one I'm potentially looking at. Petracca a better option obviously but I won't go a week early on him.

Dusty looks to have bottomed out so I may bring him in.

Reactions: Steve

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
boyd or simpson in def is all ill be deciding this week
i hope until thursday night when they decide to tell me one of my premos have injured them selfs at training again
:eek:

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Like most others, I have my eye on Smith. Can't ignore Parker any longer so he will probably make his way into my team also.

Weiters is done for me. High BE and they have nothing to gain by playing him. I may also move Adams on.

Reactions: TomCat
Mar 3, 2016
I'm thinking of going Weitering and Dea to Tom Lee and maybe a Kade Simpson/Docherty/Laird.....what do you guys think? :) ..

Alternatively I can make those trades, swing M. Brown back to the def and bring in a FWD like Dusty since he has bottomed out a bit....

I went in with a mid/fwd heavy strat so should i start adding some to my DEF or just keep building MID/FWD more so first? Thoughts?

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Is Simpson's improvement because of good form and will return to 90-95 or as a result of Bolton?

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Is Simpson's improvement because of good form and will return to 90-95 or as a result of Bolton?
TBH I don't see much difference. Seems to be playing the same role he has had in the past few years and he has averaged 92+ since 2009. He is just a very good reliable selection. It would be a bonus if he can return to his 2010 form which saw him average 99.8

Reactions: Prospector

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
TBH I don't see much difference. Seems to be playing the same role he has had in the past few years and he has averaged 92+ since 2009. He is just a very good reliable selection. It would be a bonus if he can return to his 2010 form which saw him average 99.8

I know it's only 2-3 points a game but if he is you go back to 90 then I don't want to be on board for the 80's a below, same with Parker really I've already missed a lot of his big games and realistically he has to drop 9-10points in average till the end of the season, had some harsh lessons on jumping on fully priced players last season, I am tempted to go a week early on McVeigh though

Reactions: Fbdonkey

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
I'm thinking of going Weitering and Dea to Tom Lee and maybe a Kade Simpson/Docherty/Laird.....what do you guys think? :) ..

Alternatively I can make those trades, swing M. Brown back to the def and bring in a FWD like Dusty since he has bottomed out a bit....

I went in with a mid/fwd heavy strat so should i start adding some to my DEF or just keep building MID/FWD more so first? Thoughts?
Tom Lee got dropped last week. If you're after a defender on the bubble, Darcy Tucker may be your guy. Smith / Cox / Howard all on the bubble in other positions.

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
GnR killing me the last two rounds.

Depending if B.Crouch plays:

Weitering>DPP x2 > Smith
Dea>Simpson/Houli

if not

B.Crouch> Selwood/Zorko

Mar 3, 2016
Tom Lee got dropped last week. If you're after a defender on the bubble, Darcy Tucker may be your guy. Smith / Cox / Howard all on the bubble in other positions.

Hmm that's true... do you think theres a chance he might come back in this week? He wasn't playing that bad was he? haha!

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Hmm that's true... do you think theres a chance he might come back in this week? He wasn't playing that bad was he? haha!
Nah I think he's a bit-part player. Might play against a team like North with a really big forward line...that would be about his best chance, but I wouldn't count on him staying in.

kinggo

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 27, 2015
Weitering -> Smith via DPP
Parish -> Parker

That is all

alrighty then

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17