Round 2 trades

The Antrobus

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 9, 2018
I want to do a correction trade on Mills but there are limited options.
I need to bank $103K to get libba to rocky.

Brodie Smith is just short.
Ridley has been dropped.
And I already have all the rookies in Scrimshaw, Duursma, Clarke, Collins and Burgess.

Options include Sam Taylor of GWS at Charlie Ballard at GC. Both mid $250 and both scored 100+ last week with good job security.

Am I being crazy or smart?

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Options include Sam Taylor of GWS at Charlie Ballard at GC. Both mid $250 and both scored 100+ last week with good job security.

Am I being crazy or smart?
I've been looking at Ballard too. Seems that him, Collins and Hombsch are sharing the shut down duties at GCS. Needs another look to decide what happens from here, methinks.

The Antrobus

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 9, 2018
I've been looking at Ballard too. Seems that him, Collins and Hombsch are sharing the shut down duties at GCS. Needs another look to decide what happens from here, methinks.
As much as I want to trade Mills tonight perhaps it is just time to wait.

Although the thought of getting Rocky against Carlton is very exciting.

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
As much as I want to trade Mills tonight perhaps it is just time to wait.

Although the thought of getting Rocky against Carlton is very exciting.
It's still early days, @The Antrobus, get excited, but think the trade over carefully. How many trades will you really need next week, and how many points do you honestly think you miss by not trading this week?

jabroni

Mar 8, 2019
ive got hore, ridley, balta and dusty

think corrective trades for rd 3 will be focusing on dusty and balta while i give hore and ridley a chance to come back maybe for rd 4 otherwise trade out again

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
ive got hore, ridley, balta and dusty

think corrective trades for rd 3 will be focusing on dusty and balta while i give hore and ridley a chance to come back maybe for rd 4 otherwise trade out again
Would hold tight on Balta. Surely with their bookends out he gets another look

arnot2mcbean

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 15, 2018
Got Mills & Dusty to deal with.

Got Hore & Balta on the bench also, I think Balta will get another chance soon. Do we think Hore is a chance to come back or am i going to need to correct? Wilkie is an option or possibly Lockhart from Melbourne. The latter would allow me to hold off for another week and trade Mills & Dusty this week.

In previous seasons I've held onto premiums who started badly and I haven't been rewarded so this year I'm not doing it. I held Hibberd & Billings last year, held Hannebery in 2017.

At this stage I'm thinking Dusty > Rocky and Mills > Lloyd.

Reactions: Geoff123

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Got Mills & Dusty to deal with.

Got Hore & Balta on the bench also, I think Balta will get another chance soon. Do we think Hore is a chance to come back or am i going to need to correct? Wilkie is an option or possibly Lockhart from Melbourne. The latter would allow me to hold off for another week and trade Mills & Dusty this week.

In previous seasons I've held onto premiums who started badly and I haven't been rewarded so this year I'm not doing it. I held Hibberd & Billings last year, held Hannebery in 2017.

At this stage I'm thinking Dusty > Rocky and Mills > Lloyd.

With May looking like missing at least one week I would say Hore will be back in next week.

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
Laird, Whitfield, Collins, Scrimshaw, Duursma, Hore, Clark, Burgess
Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, Neale, Dusty, Walsh, Drew, Scott, Constable, Atkins, Gibbons
Gawn, Grundy, Bines
Danger, Heeney, D Smith, D Moore,Setterfield, Parker, Petruccelle, Balta
$127K left
Feel like I need to make some moves but D Smith and Dusty could still come good.
Should I get in Rocky, Libba or B Smith or take another rookie.
Your trade options would be great.

Reactions: Prospector

Flying Scotsman

Aspiring Coach
Aug 10, 2017
Laird, Whitfield, Collins, Scrimshaw, Duursma, Hore, Clark, Burgess
Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, Neale, Dusty, Walsh, Drew, Scott, Constable, Atkins, Gibbons
Gawn, Grundy, Bines
Danger, Heeney, D Smith, D Moore,Setterfield, Parker, Petruccelle, Balta
$127K left
Feel like I need to make some moves but D Smith and Dusty could still come good.
Should I get in Rocky, Libba or B Smith or take another rookie.
Your trade options would be great.
Libba for D.Smith and B.Smith for Balta. Move Drew fwd and Burgess fwd temporarily.

Reactions: Prospector

pistol

Patron '19
Mar 10, 2019
Would love to get some thoughts on potential moves. I have darling and billings at F3 and 4 and both have scored well without setting the world on fire. Thinking that I would like Moore in and can only really get him via trading one of the above. Have watched both closely and Billings seems to be playing mostly a wing, getting a heap of possessions that are mostly uncontested (also against two of the weaker teams - I'm a bomber so that hurts to write!). Not scoring badly and to be honest is not far off what I thought. I am hoping he starts to kick more because he gets a lot of cheap handballs. its 50/50 kick to handball thereabouts. On the otherhand, Darling played round 1 in wettish conditions in a side that was mostly flogged, he copped a heavy knock and scored 77. He followed that up with a four goal performance 90. I went with Darling initially as a punt on the new 6 6 6 which hasnt had an impact on scoring totals I would say. My concern with Darling is also the emergence of yet another tall in the Eagles forward line, Oscar Allen. I wouldn't normally look at trading guys averaging 80's across the first two rounds but either of them to Moore would put close to 200k in the bank with the possibility of trading the remaining one to Kelly or upgrading Dusty to someone in the mids, or leaving Dusty and the remaining forward the hell alone....but that is a different story!! Any ideas, thoughts, feedback would be greatly appreciated??