tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Sandi :mad::mad::mad: - Gawn
Parsons - Witherden via DPP.

7 trades left
150K in the bank
Cover - Ryan / Sharenberg, Witherden / Bolton, Greenwood

Plan - only trade for injuries 2+ weeks and actually have a few trades up my sleeve when final roll around.
Im with you on Sandi, WTF!!!!

Martin is only $58k more than Sandi and i would have saved $25k if i had done the trade last week.

Looking at Sloane maybe next week depending upon his score and then Jelwood in a couple of weeks @ about $430k

Captain Danger

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Feb 27, 2017
You can't get him to F6? I'm holding him at F6 and I'll see how we are looking running into league finals.
No I don't think I can!! Three weeks ago I traded out Sandi (phew) put Nank in my ruck and traded Yeo into my forwards. The plan was to trade him to Gawn this week BUT is Gawn really back? Might give him another week- happy to gamble it. I have the money if he has a big week and increases in price.

Also what are people thinking about Fyfe? Agh why did i keep him! Fyfe to Jelwood in two-three weeks?

Reactions: Prospector

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Anyone thinking about Darcy if he knocks out another 99+

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
My never again list has been expanded this season, no matter how tempting they look I promise to never ever again pick:
- Sloane
- Rockliff
- Sandilands

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
After giving the Rocky/Fyfe situation more thought is there even 8 safe midfield picks this year? My mids are Danger, Zerrett, Jelwood, Pendles, Treloar, Parker, Rocky and Fyfe. I realise Titch is a relatively safe option but He can butcher it and needs 50 touches to go large, Bont has been ordinary, Neale and Dusty can have lean patches and GAJ could break down again any minute... So fair enough Rocky and Fyfe seem stuffed, but if you are going to trade out a premo at this stage of the year you need to figure out if its actually going to be worth it because unless it's for at least a 20+ point average from here on in, it's not.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
After giving the Rocky/Fyfe situation more thought is there even 8 safe midfield picks this year? My mids are Danger, Zerrett, Jelwood, Pendles, Treloar, Parker, Rocky and Fyfe. I realise Titch is a relatively safe option but He can butcher it and needs 50 touches to go large, Bont has been ordinary, Neale and Dusty can have lean patches and GAJ could break down again any minute... So fair enough Rocky and Fyfe seem stuffed, but if you are going to trade out a premo at this stage of the year you need to figure out if its actually going to be worth it because unless it's for at least a 20+ point average from here on in, it's not.

Yeah spot on, that's despite my early thoughts being Merrett, Mate to hell or Cripps am now thinking if I do move one on it's going to have to be for Dusty but I haven't really seen him play this season I don't know if he's really become the real deal or not

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Sloane looked better. Think he's building his way out of it.
He does, but ultimately still suffers from the same problem. I've traded him in 3 times now and each time it's worked out badly. Part of his problem is he goes on big runs where he averages 120+ which makes him enticing, but then also serves to draw attention to himself. Then he has a run of down games, or gets a fractured cheekbone.

Never again....

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
He does, but ultimately still suffers from the same problem. I've traded him in 3 times now and each time it's worked out badly. Part of his problem is he goes on big runs where he averages 120+ which makes him enticing, but then also serves to draw attention to himself. Then he has a run of down games, or gets a fractured cheekbone.

Never again....
thank you for talking me out of getting sloane

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Yeah spot on, that's despite my early thoughts being Merrett, Mate to hell or Cripps am now thinking if I do move one on it's going to have to be for Dusty but I haven't really seen him play this season I don't know if he's really become the real deal or not
I'm a Tiges supporter and I've seen all our games this year. I honestly think when Dusty had his down patch this year he was playing with a bit of an injury.

I didn't start him but I brought him in for Gawn when he go injured early. I think after Danger and Docherty that Dusty is just about then next best pick now he's looking fit.

Always been contested and a goal kicker. Now he has really improved his disposal and is running out the full four quarters. If you don't have him he'd be the one I'd target.

After that probably Mitchell for consistency and Cripp for POD and upside.

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015

Never again....

Started him so not an issue for me. Just gotta ride it out. Jelwood is the same. I have both.

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London
For those looking for Trade Ins I'd strongly consider Cripps now. Injured pre-season resulting in a slow start to the year, but he is really firing now. Carlton are competitive for longer in games meaning that scoring potential for their players increases. Gibbs is smashing it and is the obvious target for opposition taggers. And Kreuzer playing so well really helps Cripps' work around the stoppages where he can dominate. Plus, we all remember how he finished off last year. I can't manufacture the trade now because of a lack of cash but he would be my target if I could.

Reactions: cactus

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Went with Witherden a week early so this week it's:

Hannan and Parsons out

Gawn and Bayok ($102k M/F donut) in

Nank back down to F7

6 trades left View attachment 866

I know there is value in the floating donut, but don't leave yourself to thin on the pine.
Moves like this can leave you short and pulling your hair out if there are late outs and LTI's.

Wattsgoinon

May 14, 2015
I know there is value in the floating donut, but don't leave yourself to thin on the pine.
Moves like this can leave you short and pulling your hair out if there are late outs and LTI's.

Understand the risks but that's what the 6 trades are for. Potential injuries or even luxury trades last 2-3 rounds. Plus I've got swing cover so can switch around a few if required. This way I can loop in mids, rucks and fwds depending on round schedules

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Understand the risks but that's what the 6 trades are for. Potential injuries or even luxury trades last 2-3 rounds. Plus I've got swing cover so can switch around a few if required. This way I can loop in mids, rucks and fwds depending on round schedules

6 trades will only go so far in 8 weeks if shit hits the fan (which history shows can), and a thin bench and minimum trades will only go so far.
Hope I haven't put the mozza on you, just my opinion.
Good luck

Captain Danger

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Feb 27, 2017
For those looking for Trade Ins I'd strongly consider Cripps now. Injured pre-season resulting in a slow start to the year, but he is really firing now. Carlton are competitive for longer in games meaning that scoring potential for their players increases. Gibbs is smashing it and is the obvious target for opposition taggers. And Kreuzer playing so well really helps Cripps' work around the stoppages where he can dominate. Plus, we all remember how he finished off last year. I can't manufacture the trade now because of a lack of cash but he would be my target if I could.
I traded him last week for scooter, pretty happy- I was thinking of Gray but actually a guy on the SCC Facebook page suggested Crisps instead thank goodness I listened!

Reactions: Benj