Round 16 Trades

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Do we need to talk about Jarred Lyon?

Don't remember anyone talking about his as an option this year.

Available as MID / FWD.

Playing awesome. 23 contested possies this week ...

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Do we need to talk about Jarred Lyon?

Don't remember anyone talking about his as an option this year.

Available as MID / FWD.

Playing awesome. 23 contested possies this week ...
Only averaging 95 for the year (career best), he is averaging 112 over his last 5.
Low score of 51 and high of 138 (this weekend which has inflated his average) 7 out of 15 games under 100.
I see him being relevant next year if this late trend continues but not as a keeper this late in the season.
Hit his BE easily this week and will e roughly $10k more than his starting price @$500k with a very low BE for the upcoming weekend against the Swans in Sydney.
His run home is Swans (A), Pies (H), Dogs (A), Tigers (H), Freo (A), Lions (A), Dons (H), Power (A).
That said he has been out performing a lot of forwards, a massive POD in less than 1% of teams and maybe worth keeping an eye on for a late side swap if required.

Last edited:

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
EDIT: Ignore post - Lyon not a FWD

He's no bargain at around 500K.

But some of the stats you've quoted compare pretty well to a lot of players at F6 in a lot of teams. Plus Lyon seems to be improving the more he plays at his new club. Only one score of 100+ in his first 5 games. Only one score under 90 since then.

Who knows if he can run out the year strongly but probably the first ones I'll consider if one of my current forwards goes down.

Captain Danger

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Feb 27, 2017
What are people thinking about Nank after his 108? Not sure of trading him or not! Have him in my rucks- feel like I am losing points with having him and Grundy. I think they are still luxury trades but Gawn will be so cheap this week!

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
What are people thinking about Nank after his 108? Not sure of trading him or not! Have him in my rucks- feel like I am losing points with having him and Grundy. I think they are still luxury trades but Gawn will be so cheap this week!
You can't get him to F6? I'm holding him at F6 and I'll see how we are looking running into league finals.

Reactions: TomCat

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
A really off-the-wall idea: trade-in Sean Darcy.

Reactions: cactus

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
What are people's thoughts on Fyfe? I'm generally against trading premiums, but Nat just doesn't look himself, and hasn't all year. Too many substandard scores. I can't see him turning it around this year

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Sandi :mad::mad::mad: - Gawn
Parsons - Witherden via DPP.

7 trades left
150K in the bank
Cover - Ryan / Sharenberg, Witherden / Bolton, Greenwood

Plan - only trade for injuries 2+ weeks and actually have a few trades up my sleeve when final roll around.

Reactions: tabs

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
What are people's thoughts on Fyfe? I'm generally against trading premiums, but Nat just doesn't look himself, and hasn't all year. Too many substandard scores. I can't see him turning it around this year

What do we do with Rocky??? I think he's cooked

I've got both of these guys... Problem for me is who do you trade them too? obviously if you didn't have Danger that's an easy, though crazy expensive call & if you don't have Selwood you could just wait a couple weeks and side swap, but how confident are people that a Merrett or Mitchell is going to score 20+ points a week more than Rocky & Fyfe?

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Sean Darcy. In the bubble, right? Word is a Sandi is gone for the year ...
Griffin would surely be 2nd in line? He was listed as a "test" last week, so you'd think he might come back in this week. They might play both potentially - obviously they played both Darcy and Sandi this week.

If you could say he's their ruckman for the rest of the season, you'd go for it as he looks good. He faded in the 4th quarter as well (think he was in the 90's at 3QT and only ended on 99) so I'm not sure he's up for it.

Can see the temptation, but not sure it gets us anywhere at this stage of the season.

Peter

Mar 10, 2016
Easy trades for me this week:
Stewart & Parsons > Witherden & Gawn.

7 trades to go - Have given up on a top 500 finish as have slipped into the 2,000's so trading strategy is more around setting up for league wins.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Just on those looking to trade Gawn in this week.
Yes a BE of 95 lost $130k off his starting price but in the next few games he has:
Kruuuuzar, Sauce, Ryder, Goldy & Mummy. Big test for Maxy coming back after a long break and did look to tire last weekend.
I love my Dees, and big Maxy but this trade needs to be looked at closely as I think it has it's pitfalls IMO.

PS. I am not bringing him in this week.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Just on those looking to trade Gawn in this week.
Yes a BE of 95 lost $130k off his starting price but in the next few games he has:
Kruuuuzar, Sauce, Ryder, Goldy & Mummy. Big test for Maxy coming back after a long break and did look to tire last weekend.
I love my Dees, and big Maxy but this trade needs to be looked at closely as I think it has it's pitfalls IMO.

PS. I am not bringing him in this week.

Also no Jones and Viney make HoTAs harder, his marking looked good on he weekend to be fair and didn't seem like he played a ton of game time.

Reactions: Benj