Round 1 discussion, scores + more

BigKev

Aspiring Coach
Jun 23, 2015
Adelaide
Stupid question but the 30 trades left at the top of my screen has me nervous.
If I trade Z Guthrie out now for another back rookie it won't be one of my 30 will it?
Trade away until the start of each game – trades only count from round 2 onwards. Not sure about reverse trades though. Once trades are made, I think that's final.

Reactions: Shinboner

Ice Cold Beverage

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Jan 24, 2017
Melbourne
Bit harsh, he has had a limited preseason and was rusty cos of it. I wouldn't worry, he will come good.

He'll come good... In the second half of the year...
When will people learn that the 'raging bulls' of the competition ie JPK Bont Cripps all finish the season well?
The longer the season goes the more contested ball goes up and thus the more these guys come into games.
Cripps is a gun but like Bont and JPK, you shouldn't be starting with him

Reactions: Prospector

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
301/3

Doc was invisible in the last q and not taking Marchbank may prove a mistake but happy with Nank + Butler.

Reactions: Prospector

Gawn Armi Witts

Aspiring Coach
Apr 18, 2016
5 minutes to be talked out of taking Bonts in the mids. I think I prefer having 3 Dogs prems with Dahl and Macrae, than 2 prem mids from Brisbane (Rocky)

Seppo

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 16, 2016
And that is what happens when you put zero attention into Pendlebury. The midfield stars of the competition are going to score like crazy on the Bulldogs this year. Sidenote: it is very hard not to overreact to one week; I already regret having to watch Pendles score against me for the next few weeks at the very least.

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Stewart, Smith, Otten and Hibberd.... Need to pick 2 on ground.... Got me stuffed

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
44K left. Want some advice for weekend games now teams have been announced:
Do i downgrade H-Smith (234k) to Barrett? Get extra money
Keep Swallow and Taranto or upgrade one to Steele?
Other thoughts, I think Turner (171k) can also come down to Houston or keep?

DEF: Shaw, Laird, Adams, Marchbank, Hampton, Smith (Stewart, Otten)
MID: Danger, Pendles, Fyfe, Mitchell, Beams, Omeara, Swallow, P-Pepper (Horlin-Smith, Pickett, Hibberd)
RUCK: Gawn, Sandi (Strndeca)
FWD: Dahl, McCrae, Rough, Nankervis, Taranto, Eddy (Turner, Parfitt)

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Stewart, Smith, Otten and Hibberd.... Need to pick 2 on ground.... Got me stuffed
Take 'em all ... Nah, seriously first off I'd say play Otten and Smith. Stewart and Hibberd have a lot to prove, The other 2 are better known quantities, aren't they?

Luke0123

Aspiring Coach
Patron '16
May 13, 2015
Take 'em all ... Nah, seriously first off I'd say play Otten and Smith. Stewart and Hibberd have a lot to prove, The other 2 are better known quantities, aren't they?
Would play Otten for sure, the rest a toss up....Im in exactly the same boat!!

Ltv

Feb 22, 2016
My year not off to a good start, traded Adams to Rance just before lockout because I psyched myself out about having too many injury risks, and didn't have butler on field :(

Reactions: cactus