Round 1 discussion, scores + more

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
What's with the live scoring!? Laird was pushing 40 points at quarter time then started the second quarter on -3!! I don't think they have adjusted his scoring yet either. Other players effected too. Come on SC sort the bugs out!

Scaling :/

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
It's a tough one, Brad! I started both JJK and Roo, so what do I do now?
Hmmm. That is tough. A few nice performances by breakout contenders in round one. You could go Steele or Miller now they have played and clearly got plenty of midfield minutes in the season proper.

Reactions: Prospector

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Hmmm. That is tough. A few nice performances by breakout contenders in round one. You could go Steele or Miller now they have played and clearly got plenty of midfield minutes in the season proper.
Touk Touk will tempt me!

Reactions: cactus

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
He won't play Carlton every week

Agreed. I was thinking that looking at the Richmond scores. There will be plenty jumping on Dusty, Butler, Nank & Prestia this week. Dusty looks good and so did Nank but even against Carlton, Richmond were hardly setting the world alight. Carlton weren't that far away.

just kev

Mar 22, 2017
2197 meh puts me just inside top 20k :(

You just beat me.
I got 2154. And that score has me ranked at around 35k.
I should have got 2204. I had Pickett (Carlton - 28) on the field and put Sam Powell Pepper (PA - 78) on the bench as Emergency. Being 50 points less has made a big difference to the rankings.

just kev

Mar 22, 2017
You just beat me.
I got 2154. And that score has me ranked at around 35k.
I should have got 2204. I had Pickett (Carlton - 28) on the field and put Sam Powell Pepper (PA - 78) on the bench as Emergency. Being 50 points less has made a big difference to the rankings.

Correction to previous post.
I had FWD: J Pickett (Carlton - 28) on the field and B Parfitt (Geel - 44) on bench as emergency
MID: T. Taranto (GWS - 44) and put Sam Powell Pepper (PA - 78) on the bench as Emergency.
The calculation is 50 points more and it would have been 2204.
My point is that the placement of players on field and on bench does make a big difference.

Reactions: Prospector

the cranky one

Development Coach
May 7, 2015
When i open up supercoach post cruise to reveal my round 1 score of 1850, i was thinking oh well, this is what happens when you cruise the south pacific during the last week of pre-season and the entire opening round. Then getting home on the the Thursday without even realising there is a game on that evening, casually flicking through the sports channels whilst the wife is out of the room, ooooh expletive SC. Too late to do anything about tiggers and pies match, thinking will asses Dogs and Swans tomorrow. With very little research done, didn't want to make any nonessential trades, so the only trade to be made was Z Guthrie out replaced by A Otten (hoping this is a master stroke). Back to my round 1 score of 1850, did I mention this included 4 donuts.

The only way is up

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
When i open up supercoach post cruise to reveal my round 1 score of 1850, i was thinking oh well, this is what happens when you cruise the south pacific during the last week of pre-season and the entire opening round. Then getting home on the the Thursday without even realising there is a game on that evening, casually flicking through the sports channels whilst the wife is out of the room, ooooh expletive SC. Too late to do anything about tiggers and pies match, thinking will asses Dogs and Swans tomorrow. With very little research done, didn't want to make any nonessential trades, so the only trade to be made was Z Guthrie out replaced by A Otten (hoping this is a master stroke). Back to my round 1 score of 1850, did I mention this included 4 donuts.

The only way is up
There've been some years where 1850 in the first round would be a fine score. Not this year.

Reactions: the cranky one

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
I've got J.Smith, I'm assuming he's going to miss a few weeks, only 6.1k in the bank, that's not enough to get up to a 123.9k rookie, 117.3k rookies like Houston and Hannan (after taking out the ones I already have)

I want to wait until after next week until I trade him so I get that extra week of watching rookies, nothing to suggest Hannan can repeat what he did considering no JLTs, not convinced on JS of either... So it would be safe to get the cash to upgrade to a 123.9k rookie if I need to (only way to do that without using a trade is change now)

I notice O'Brien has only been named as an emergency, and Preuss has been named at full forward (my rucks are Witts/Goldy),... As discussed n another thread I am a big fan Jacobs this year, said I'd definitely pick him over Goldy if Preuss is named and O'Brien isn't.... So here we go I guess, 6k turned into 122k and has opened up a shitload of options for what to do with J.Smith after next week (I have Hibberd in midfield, Parfitt forward both on bench, also Darcy Cameron at R3), 239k to spend in any position

If another rookie goes down or gets dropped I'm screwed, so I'm grabbing a bit of cash before it costs me trades to do so.... In exchange for taking a risk on Jacobs (who I was considering picking anyway) I'll get +116k to save Downgrading once trades count

View attachment 765
Well that worked out well :) , used the extra 122k to get Hoskin Elliott for J.Smith, Jacobs looks much better pick than Goldy at this stage... I also think Jacobs scoring should rise, and will have a few 140s in him... Adelaide look real good this year too

Reactions: cactus

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Well that worked out well :) , used the extra 122k to get Hoskin Elliott for J.Smith, Jacobs looks much better pick than Goldy at this stage... I also think Jacobs scoring should rise, and will have a few 140s in him... Adelaide look real good this year too
Good call.