Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
My year not off to a good start, traded Adams to Rance just before lockout because I psyched myself out about having too many injury risks, and didn't have butler on field :(
It's a long year. He won't get injured in round 1 but he won't play 22 either (I hope!). Everyone who went without Gaz last year felt the same when he busted out 140s for a few weeks and then wasted a trade when he fell over.

Reactions: Ltv

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I'm late to this party but I went to Carlton v the Tiges. Great game! Carlton didn't apply much pressure so it might not be a great lead to what the rest of the year will be like.

How good was Dusty? :eek: Scary good. Did anyone find a spot for him in the midfield? Could easily be a top eight midfielder on that showing.

And last nights game ... Pendles. My favourite non Richmond player I reckon. Would love to see Dusty and Pendles share the Brownlow this year. :):cool:

Reactions: tiltraise

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
I think CD changed a lot more in their ranking point algorithms this year than they let on
I was left scratching my head a lot last night. About 5 minutes before half time Treloar was on 22 and Mayne was on 40.. Mayne had kicked a goal but that was it.. Then just after that Treloar had 4 effective possessions, 2 of them contested, 1 of them a goal assist and he moved to 28. Fairly frustrating!

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
I also think Adams owners should feel hard done by too, he had 12 tackles which should be worth nearly 50 points alone.. Add 33 possessions @60% to that and there's a fair argument he probably should've been up around 150... I dont remember any glaring errors that would have taken a heap of points off him

Ice Cold Beverage

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Jan 24, 2017
Melbourne
I also think Adams owners should feel hard done by too, he had 12 tackles which should be worth nearly 50 points alone.. Add 33 possessions @60% to that and there's a fair argument he probably should've been up around 150... I dont remember any glaring errors that would have taken a heap of points off him

12 tackles is more like 36 points mate. Normally around 3 pts per tackle.. He also butchered the ball a bit, similar to Treloar. I have both and think the scores are pretty spot on

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
NRoo down with a hyper-extended right knee - stretcher time!

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Ahhh, trade or hold? Only replacement I can think of is GHS.
It's a tough one. I'm thinking of bringing Miles in (for Hibberd) and flicking Taranto into the mids to get Hannans score. I'm not sold on GHSs JS, would hate for him to be dropped next week and Swallow plays the next 21.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Don't care about SuperCoach right now just praying that roo is ok
Very much like Murphy last year. He went down and the whole footy world holds their breath. You never want to see anyone injured, but when it's the genuine good guys, heart and soul of the team types, it's even worse. Hope hes ok.

Reactions: Brad

Bombers56

Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Jun 11, 2015
I am holding enables me to put the captaincy on him and grab pendles score

Reactions: doddy2731

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Very slow start for GAJ but he really warmed into it. 62SC or something like that at half time and playing well.

I think anyone who took the chance and started him would be feeling pretty chuffed. I didn't but I'm just glad to see him back and playing well.

I saw him stick a fantastic tackle on someone charging at him full tilt and Gazza dragged him down like a lion tearing down a buffalo. I think the shoulder is OK.

Reactions: Dino and Steve

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
I've got J.Smith, I'm assuming he's going to miss a few weeks, only 6.1k in the bank, that's not enough to get up to a 123.9k rookie, 117.3k rookies like Houston and Hannan (after taking out the ones I already have)

I want to wait until after next week until I trade him so I get that extra week of watching rookies, nothing to suggest Hannan can repeat what he did considering no JLTs, not convinced on JS of either... So it would be safe to get the cash to upgrade to a 123.9k rookie if I need to (only way to do that without using a trade is change now)

I notice O'Brien has only been named as an emergency, and Preuss has been named at full forward (my rucks are Witts/Goldy),... As discussed n another thread I am a big fan Jacobs this year, said I'd definitely pick him over Goldy if Preuss is named and O'Brien isn't.... So here we go I guess, 6k turned into 122k and has opened up a shitload of options for what to do with J.Smith after next week (I have Hibberd in midfield, Parfitt forward both on bench, also Darcy Cameron at R3), 239k to spend in any position

If another rookie goes down or gets dropped I'm screwed, so I'm grabbing a bit of cash before it costs me trades to do so.... In exchange for taking a risk on Jacobs (who I was considering picking anyway) I'll get +116k to save Downgrading once trades count

Screenshot_18.png

Reactions: Dino and Prospector

PiesJosh

Mar 27, 2016
1213/14 so far with Danger (c) to come. Buddy was my big score so far 125. Marchbank, Steele and McGrath nice returns also. SPP came in as emergency for Swallow.

Reactions: Prospector