Rookies 2016

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
If you had to end up choosing between the two Freo defensive rookies Tucker and Collins which way would you go?
I am contemplating the same thing with Mathieson out. I heard on another podcast that Tucker had being playing in the midfield/wing in the WAFL which could make for better scoring if he plays that same role for the Dockers. I would like to see another game from Collins but that makes it hard with Tucker on the bubble. The thing that worries me the most is Ross, you would think he tries to get the most of the rookies but its Ross so who knows WTF he’ll do.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Really torn on this decision.

Bailey Williams if he makes the final team has DPP which could end up being handy even if he doesn't play enough games to make money / provide good cover. But his bye round doesn't suit me all that well.

Tucker was a mid 20s draft pick from memory. Don't know too much about him. Only played the first NAB game for SC 72 off 62%. Scores from his first two AFL outings earlier in the year look a bit lacklustre.

Collins. A bit older than Tucker. Doesn't play particularly SC friendly role but probably has better JS than the others due to age / maturity / injuries at Freo. Doesn't have to be picked this week as isn't "on the bubble" til next week so taking him now reduces flexibility next week.

I'm pretty sure I want one of them this week to keep my downgrade / upgrade cycle going but can't make up my mind. I can't afford to go BenKen to Dahlhouse in a single trade. I could go BenKen to McVeigh in a single trade via Brown DPP.

Reactions: tiltraise

Ramjets

Patron '20
Feb 5, 2016
Really keen on a downgrade option this week. Toss up between D. Tucker and J. Paine. I see Paine's JS as slightly stronger while Tucker probably has the edge in scoring potential. Can't decide and torn on whether it may be best to ignore both until a better option appears next week. Anyone have any insights or strong preferences one way or another?

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Really keen on a downgrade option this week. Toss up between D. Tucker and J. Paine. I see Paine's JS as slightly stronger while Tucker probably has the edge in scoring potential. Can't decide and torn on whether it may be best to ignore both until a better option appears next week. Anyone have any insights or strong preferences one way or another?

I think they want to have a good look at Paine as a defender but they do have Harris Andrews & Hugh Beasley back in a week, Tucker confuses me a bit Freo are tanking so why wasn't he playing already? But you'd think he'll stay till the bye.

Back2theFuture

Aspiring Coach
Apr 5, 2016
I think they want to have a good look at Paine as a defender but they do have Harris Andrews & Hugh Beasley back in a week, Tucker confuses me a bit Freo are tanking so why wasn't he playing already? But you'd think he'll stay till the bye.

I like Darcy Tucker's bio from the TAC cup, accurate kick, loves to kick it long and take the game on, all good attributes for SC. He has been playing up the ground in the WAFL creating play around halfback/wing which has seen his scoring rise in that league. Maybe the kid has more belief after his first 2 games, I'm backing him for these reasons but do your research to confirm.

Reactions: cactus

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Jarred Jansen with a very solid debut, thought he make it at Geelong a couple years ago then had a very poor VFL season last year and seemed to be really struggling in the NEAFL so this performance and even his selection in a general is a bit of a surprise to me.

How bout Ryan Davis?? Where have these 2 scores come from? Probably make 220k+ for us now,

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
Tom Lee might be good to go now with Fisher out 4-5 and Goddard unfortunately going down with a knee today.