Rookies 2016

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Noooooo.... wait 2 more weeks then on the bubble after Melb's bye!!

I could see him getting a game after the byes as the Dees start to manage a few of the younger boy's. If he stays injury free the next few and keeps his form, it'll be hard for Roosy not to pick him.

Back2theFuture

Aspiring Coach
Apr 5, 2016
Not sure on Bailey Williams now, Bulldogs back line looks settled with Adams returning and at best imo he would be playing a bit part role off the bench, rotating through there in bursts. Easton Wood and Biggs control the HB line, 40-65 scores predicted, ok if he warms your bench and appreciates slowly, disappointing as he fitted nicely as a swing set.

alrighty then

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 30, 2015
Didn't realise the high price tag for Edwards guys, definitely don't bring him at that price. Excited to see how he goes this weekend regardless!

Ramjets

Patron '20
Feb 5, 2016
Any thoughts as to js and scoring potential for Dougal Howard. On the bubble and thinking he may be a stronger trade in option than Bailey Williams. Could get some solid time in the ruck. Don't really love either option but with DBJ named (dammit) he has to go.

Reactions: Nato and cactus

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Well we've just had Williams job security confirmed. Better to find out now than next week after we've put him in our sides.

This means Dunkly is on the bubble right? Anyone keen? I'm not.

Back2theFuture

Aspiring Coach
Apr 5, 2016
Same regarding Dunkley, best part about it is that it feels like I used a trade and I haven't.
I have brought in WC rookie Tom Cole who is a DEF/MID to open up my loopholes. He was supposed to play for Kennedy last week with the new arrival but was put on ice another week. He is a VIC Country product, a lot to like about him and yes I've gone early, because the double trade required a cheap rookie def, but he will be worth a look.

BMXBandit

Mar 25, 2016
I went early on collins 59 this week traded out M. Brown 46 took a risk so I can bring in R. Gray and Dahlhaus next week needed the cash and the trade done to have 2 for next week. Tossed up between cole and collins went collins because I thought he might have more JS than cole but maybe if he's still in on the bubble I might bring

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
One to keep an eye on is the Dons No.6 pick Aaron Francis 198k Def/Mid who has looked the goods in a couple VFL games back from a calf injury. Had 21 touches and 9 intercept marks on the weekend. Fairly awkward price but a handy DPP and could work out to be a good pickup in the byes

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
One to keep an eye on is the Dons No.6 pick Aaron Francis 198k Def/Mid who has looked the goods in a couple VFL games back from a calf injury. Had 21 touches and 9 intercept marks on the weekend. Fairly awkward price but a handy DPP and could work out to be a good pickup in the byes

Supposedly a jet and ready made like Parish, even at the price I'm interested.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
So with Salem looking like he will miss a couple and Viney also out for roughly 3-4 with a hand fracture, the talk of Trengove making his debut has gained some momentum. Time will tell.
With his run of injuries though i want him to play 2 games of AFL before getting him

Reactions: Prospector