Rookies 2016

Back2theFuture

Aspiring Coach
Apr 5, 2016
A late rookie developer - Menadue......couldn't get rid of him, now I can't get enough of him.
Ironic chuckle in all this, my opponent has a fairly lean list this week and he has vc on him

Reactions: tabs and Dino

Back2theFuture

Aspiring Coach
Apr 5, 2016
a tiges fan no doubt

Tigers fan, yes, and it appears that I jumped to soon with Menadue falling back into his old ways (40ish scores) after a 35ish start in Q1, it appears that his lean body doesn't agree with Port Adelaide's full court frenzy press.

Another tiger that played on Friday, Broad who is on the bubble this week, struggled and I'm not sure he dealt with the pressure and was exposed badly. I feel that the tiger faithful wanted a better look at him (mature ager) in a proper name (not NAB) and as a possible replacement for Jake Bachelor but he was all at sea and may not be afforded many more games, please keep that in mind if considering as an upgrade target.

Reactions: Prospector

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Tigers fan, yes, and it appears that I jumped to soon with Menadue falling back into his old ways (40ish scores) after a 35ish start in Q1, it appears that his lean body doesn't agree with Port Adelaide's full court frenzy press.

Another tiger that played on Friday, Broad who is on the bubble this week, struggled and I'm not sure he dealt with the pressure and was exposed badly. I feel that the tiger faithful wanted a better look at him (mature ager) in a proper name (not NAB) and as a possible replacement for Jake Bachelor but he was all at sea and may not be afforded many more games, please keep that in mind if considering as an upgrade target.
Tiges dont play Lions again this year so dont expect another massive score

Reactions: captainchardonnay

Back2theFuture

Aspiring Coach
Apr 5, 2016
Jack Silvagni, a FWD rookie only, no dual position but cheap and gets the ball, and possibly going to have a few more runs as he is clearly a fan favorite.

What is his job security, who did he replace, now that Byrne has gone is his JS improving?
Appreciate any feedback as may need to bring him in a week early.

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Jack Silvagni, a FWD rookie only, no dual position but cheap and gets the ball, and possibly going to have a few more runs as he is clearly a fan favorite.

What is his job security, who did he replace, now that Byrne has gone is his JS improving?

He'll be coming into my team. Should of taken him instead of Phillips.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015

I worry about his JS but I think if he's playing strikes me as someone whole find the ball at this level as well as he did in the 2s, at this stage don't think we should be looking for trade in/down targets to make us money.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Jordan Foote (Sydney) elevated to senior list. 117k mid.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Jordan Foote (Sydney) elevated to senior list. 117k mid.
The only thing that i could think of is that Tippett injury is worse than first thought. Dont think he plays this weekend though in the 1s

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Josh Deluca (Freo, 117k mid) and Reuben William (Brisbane, 102k def) both upgraded to senior list and likely to play this week.

Reactions: Prospector

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Lee, Keys, Phillips, Cox & Broad all omitted.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Aaron Francis is a gun not sure how/why to get him into my team maybe defense bench cover, he should play the rest from.

Reactions: Steve

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Aaron Francis is a gun not sure how/why to get him into my team maybe defense bench cover, he should play the rest from.
198k is bloody steep. With a full team, 6 trades left, I'm seriously tempted to shore up my bench cover over the next couple of weeks if these kids look ok. Francis at D8, Clay Smith at M10 With MPP links already set up across all lines gives so much depth and flexibility.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
198k is bloody steep. With a full team, 6 trades left, I'm seriously tempted to shore up my bench cover over the next couple of weeks if these kids look ok. Francis at D8, Clay Smith at M10 With MPP links already set up across all lines gives so much depth and flexibility.
I watched Francis last weekend in the VFL, and he looked good.
I think if he puts a couple of good games together he will be a sure beat for the rest of the season.

Reactions: Steve

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I watched Francis last weekend in the VFL, and he looked good.
I think if he puts a couple of good games together he will be a sure beat for the rest of the season.

I was reading a few days ago he's grown 6cms from his draft height which i think puts him at 194cm but he moves like a mid, is skillful & hard at it... kinda wish he'd wait till next season to debut.

Reactions: doddy2731

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I was reading a few days ago he's grown 6cms from his draft height which i think puts him at 194cm but he moves like a mid, is skillful & hard at it... kinda wish he'd wait till next season to debut.
He still might. Bombers made 6 changes and he's still not in the 22. Named as emergency.