Midfield 2016

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
In my search to find a mid-low 500K Midfielder I think can get to 110+ Cripps keeps coming up... Not sure i have the balls to go with him though

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Tough call, but the kid can play. And why couldn't he back up last year?

If I just needed to match last season I'd be really confident but need him to add 10pts a game & you'd think he'd need to work through the tag this time around, still I think he's pretty special maybe the exception to the rule(s).

Reactions: Prospector

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
If I just needed to match last season I'd be really confident but need him to add 10pts a game & you'd think he'd need to work through the tag this time around, still I think he's pretty special maybe the exception to the rule(s).

Definitely special, and did get tagged quite often last season and still posted good scores. As I said it'd be a ballsy call but could be a good one.

mdola2

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '19
Feb 24, 2016
In my search to find a mid-low 500K Midfielder I think can get to 110+ Cripps keeps coming up... Not sure i have the balls to go with him though
Might be better off with an Ollie Wines at a fairly similar price. That said though I love the idea of a sneaky 500k POD that just goes BANG and pushes their average up 10-15 ppg. i.e. Viney/Cunnington/Adams/Cripps/Parker/Macrae

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I'm really close to putting him in for the same reason. Really close.

Other options are Parker and Wines. Owned both last season and both were underwhelming. Parker just doesn't seem to score enough to hit 110, but a good consistent 105. Wines will have the occasional stinker to go with his red-hot games which will drop his average (see NAB scores!!). Strangely enough, Cripps seems more reliable and consistent. He also has the potential to have massive games.

Tagging is a small concern, but think about it. Cripps is going nuts but the Blues are already 40 points behind so what's the point of sending someone to him? Parker and Wines are in competitive teams, if they're on a tear and it's a closer game they're going to cop attention.

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
Shiel is my go-to guy @ $550K. The man's a beast.

I'd be far more inclined to take a risk with a cheaper premium if they had a R14 bye, but neither Shiel or Cripps do (won't stop me from picking Shiel).

Wines does have the nice bye, but I don't rate him as someone who is likely to average 110+.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
I'm really close to putting him in for the same reason. Really close.

Other options are Parker and Wines. Owned both last season and both were underwhelming. Parker just doesn't seem to score enough to hit 110, but a good consistent 105. Wines will have the occasional stinker to go with his red-hot games which will drop his average (see NAB scores!!). Strangely enough, Cripps seems more reliable and consistent. He also has the potential to have massive games.

Tagging is a small concern, but think about it. Cripps is going nuts but the Blues are already 40 points behind so what's the point of sending someone to him? Parker and Wines are in competitive teams, if they're on a tear and it's a closer game they're going to cop attention.
Parker will spend games when he mostly plays fwd as well but still rotate through the mids

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Started Parker & Wines last season so i'm a bit scared of them, when they were out on the ground fit and firing they were great (baring both DE%s) but their kamikaze approach took it's toll in the end, I reckon Cripps is more your Josh Kennedy hard as nails but not stupid in the way he attacks the contests, @bat Shiel hasn't been on my radar will have at look at him

Pendlesss

Mar 14, 2016
I think the cripps pick is awesome! I started wines last year and he was looking like a great POD before injuries. I think he can do it again this year, for sure

Reactions: Prospector

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
Shiel averaged 110 last year when you take out his injury affected games (R3/R15). He had one terrible game against North when GWS got pumped and Jacobs completely nullified him.

Other than that, 9 tonnes and 2 scores in the 90s. Ceiling of 150, basement of 90.

If GWS continues their upward trend, Shiel could be really, really good this year.

currymunchers

Premiership Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
Melbourne
Shiel averaged 110 last year when you take out his injury affected games (R3/R15). He had one terrible game against North when GWS got pumped and Jacobs completely nullified him.

Other than that, 9 tonnes and 2 scores in the 90s. Ceiling of 150, basement of 90.

If GWS continues their upward trend, Shiel could be really, really good this year.

Love the Shiel pick. Reckon he should manage 110 minimum. Just can't fit him in at this stage!

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
pretty boring if we all start with the same mids though
I've said this a lot this preseason, popular for good reason though

(speaking of popularity, could someone remind me how to see the % each player is picked by)

currymunchers

Premiership Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
Melbourne
agreed, I'm not going to miss out on Rocky, Ablett, Fyfe, Danger or Libba to get Shiel

I've got those guys plus Pendles. Given I can't justify dropping any of the others, I flirted with dropping Pendles but he could be seen as underpriced given he averaged over 124 for 4 years straight before 2015. He might not get to those heights again but I could definitely see him hitting 120 again. Plus the round 15 bye is already chock full of premiums so starting Shiel would make the situation there worse

Reactions: M4TT B8S

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Am i crazy not to have Fyfe and GAj in my team. Im still worried about GAJ's injury in R1

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Am i crazy not to have Fyfe and GAj in my team. Im still worried about GAJ's injury in R1
Nope, not crazy. You can make a case against these two - GAJ getting on and has a slightly concerning number of injuries in the last couple of years - Fyfe priced fairly high and does miss a few games here and there. I have both. But if you decide to bet against them and they both blow up you'll be in a nice place.

I reckon you're better backing against one or both of these two than betting against Danger. I have Danger too. Also Pendles. OK, maybe I'm not the best person to give advice on this question ...

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
GAJ left when I heard about tendon injury. He's come back in tonight, but only because I didn't have enough for Fyfe who I also didn't have. Not 100% convinced on Fyfe, but maybe he goes 130+ this year.

I've been off Pendles for a while. Too much talent in the Pies mids and reckon he'll end up being more value to the team across half-back.

Reactions: Steve