Midfield 2016

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Maybe Gold Coast should've stuck with 'The Weapon' as their fitness guy. They just can't seem to keep their guys fit. No Swallow, Prestia or Jaeger to start the year.

Reactions: cactus

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Thoughts on Macaffer?? $199k will be in best 22 but will tag

The Kraken

Development Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 5, 2015
If he averages 55-60 what's he going to make you?

Not much.. same with Crowley (despite reports he could be "released" to play more offensively - could he reach the dizzying heights of a 65pt average? Pass)

Hopefully we won't need to go down this route - hopefully one (or both) of MacPherson and Marcon (2016's Kane Lambert) get upgraded..

I would've thought Gresham will play early.. we should see 1 of Mathieson/Keays playing early given the Lion's list.. Gore looked good amongst a strong (only Sloane missing from memory) Crows' midfield in NAB1.. Trengove could be a fantasy zombie at $156k.. Big wraps on Cuningham, Menegola could play straight away.. Hopefully we have more than 5 mid-eligible rookie-priced players named for Rd 1..

Add to that Weller, Mills, Hopper, Parish, C.Ellis (if not putting him in the FWD line) all around the same price with arguably higher upside.. to go with Kerridge, Petracca, Phillips who are M/Fs..

What heady days we live in when so many rookies COULD play Rd 1 - until Rd 1 teams actually drop on March 23/24 of course with only a handful of debuts..

Reactions: Steve and Dino

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Marcon (2016's Kane Lambert)
Someone to sit on the bench for the first 12 rounds and only play 1 game while everyone else makes cash and then trades him in after round 12 for the same price anyway? Regardless of how he plays NAB, I wouldn't trust his JS at the Tigers.

GFNL Blue Baggers

Perennial Finalists.
Veterans
May 6, 2015
Brisbane, Qld
Hopefully we have more than 5 mid-eligible rookie-priced players named for Rd 1..

Mate, I'm hoping that there is NOT MORE than 6 rookie mids, I'd like to have a 5 Premo MIDS to start the season. If there's more than that, we have to pick the RIGHT ones, which could spell trouble. It's hard enough leaving the right rookies on field or on bench.....

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
The bont had 6 clangers tonight whilst getting tagged by Hopper.

Would have loved Hopper to run free to see what he can do

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
tagged, ran with, minded. All the same.

Would have preferred that he try and get the ball than worrying about the player

Hondo

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 28, 2015
Anyone thinking about a really heavy, deep midfield? Say with Fyfe, Danger, Pendles, Gaz, Rocky but any 5 would do. Then with Libba M6? Or no Libba?

Reactions: cactus

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Anyone thinking about a really heavy, deep midfield? Say with Fyfe, Danger, Pendles, Gaz, Rocky but any 5 would do. Then with Libba M6? Or no Libba?
I've tried it but it leaves me with a 1-1-1 ruck line and 2 keepers on each of the other 2 lines, which means a whole heap of midprice madness. Plus it only allows 5 mid rookies, and that's where most of our cash generation will come from. It could still work out but it means putting a lot of faith in midpricers all over the park. I don't have the nads for that.

Reactions: The Kraken

Hondo

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 28, 2015
I've tried it but it leaves me with a 1-1-1 ruck line and 2 keepers on each of the other 2 lines, which means a whole heap of midprice madness. Plus it only allows 5 mid rookies, and that's where most of our cash generation will come from. It could still work out but it means putting a lot of faith in midpricers all over the park. I don't have the nads for that.

I have seen draft teams that are solving the mid-priced madness by running 3 rookies on field in defence or 4 up forward. I think it is too early to tell if that will work. If it can work I'll probably do it but as you say you don't want to miss that extra mid rookie gem if he exists.

Reactions: Steve

Hondo

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 28, 2015
All my teams so far have had Libba at M5, personally i'm think trying to squeeze one more premo into the middle makes it hard to fill other lines.

The question though is will we have to fill those other lines or can rookies in those other spots get it done. Too early to tell on that but forward rookies look promising including starting Kerridge forward and maybe Wells.

Reactions: Dino and Prospector

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
The question though is will we have to fill those other lines or can rookies in those other spots get it done. Too early to tell on that but forward rookies look promising including starting Kerridge forward and maybe Wells.

To early for sure, Wells not sure about but Kerridge is a definite lock in the forward line.

Reactions: Prospector

HoneyBadger

Patron '16
Patron '19
Feb 16, 2016
Yep the only way I can see Libba starting at M6 is if we get some confidence n D5 & D6. Right now its looking a bit grim