Midfield 2016

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
I think the value is in the "fallen" or more appropriate "returning from injury" mids this year. I only have myself starting 1 rookie mid on ground at the moment. Obviously gaj at a didcount along with libba, rocky, crouch and omeara if recovered are certain locks. If you add in pendles who i leave out of my starting team every year (not this year) and a danger / fyfe / parker / jpk or elite whoever in ... thats a solid mid line. I know everyone is raving about mills but at 200+ first year in a strong mid line im not backing him. I would rather take a keays/ dale/ hopper or even polkinghorne as more likely to get opportunity.

Reactions: tiltraise

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
This thread is for discussions about midfielders so you may not get the response that you're hoping for.

If there isn't already a thread for Rate My Team your more then welcome to start up one to get the discussion flowing.

As for your team I like some of your picks - KK, Simpkin and Goldy. But imo your midfield is too heavy and as a result your backline and forwards are looking vulnerable.
cheers

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I think the value is in the "fallen" or more appropriate "returning from injury" mids this year. I only have myself starting 1 rookie mid on ground at the moment. Obviously gaj at a didcount along with libba, rocky, crouch and omeara if recovered are certain locks. If you add in pendles who i leave out of my starting team every year (not this year) and a danger / fyfe / parker / jpk or elite whoever in ... thats a solid mid line. I know everyone is raving about mills but at 200+ first year in a strong mid line im not backing him. I would rather take a keays/ dale/ hopper or even polkinghorne as more likely to get opportunity.

I guess this is fine as long as you're certain the returning from injury types are really fit and firing. How deep does it mean you are batting in the midfield? Will you get enough cash generation from the returning walking wounded to make up for missing out on a couple of cash cows?

The other note is that while highly rated Crouch and O'Mera have not yet scored at primo midfield levels ...

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
I guess this is fine as long as you're certain the returning from injury types are really fit and firing. How deep does it mean you are batting in the midfield? Will you get enough cash generation from the returning walking wounded to make up for missing out on a couple of cash cows?

The other note is that while highly rated Crouch and O'Mera have not yet scored at primo midfield levels ...

At the moment i have gone with pendle, gaj, parker, rocky, libba, crouch and have mills and hooper back in atm until i see how they go. Thinking rookie mids im considering are a def/mid (hibberd) a fwd mid (dale) and the rest from polkinghorne, keays, petracca, macaffer, etc... need time to sort out form but will have a kerridge fwd at f6 not in mids atm.

Reactions: cactus

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Not too far away from the midfield I have at the moment - just take away Parker and Crouch and add in Danger and an extra rook.

inwhiterooms

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 27, 2015
Interested to see how Gresham and Anderson go today. Looks like Hibberd didn't get a call up.

Cooling on Hibberd. Can't see how he'll squeeze into a very settled North back 6.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Anderson was pretty good.

I was looking through the stats Dino and nothing really stood out to me. Only 12 possies 41% DE, I didn't watch the game so not sure how or where he was used. Did you watch? If so could you tell me what possy he played and how he was used mate.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Started fwd an then moved into the mids. Started at a few centre bounces. I thought he was pretty good, but sometimes you just cant tell when your watching it at a country ground. For his price, you would want a better performance than 12 at 41% DE

Reactions: doddy2731

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
David Swallow has undergone knee surgery. General Manager – Football Operations, Marcus Ashcroft, confirmed Swallow wouldn’t return as early as was expected. From the GCS website.

Reactions: M4TT B8S

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
David Swallow has undergone knee surgery. General Manager – Football Operations, Marcus Ashcroft, confirmed Swallow wouldn’t return as early as was expected. From the GCS website.
Macpherson, Hall, who gets a look in now?

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Hall maybe the best bet, showed some great signs late in the year. It'll be interesting to see how Abletts return effects his scoring.
Macpherson needs to be upgraded. Hopefully he gets upgraded as a result of Swallows surgery