Keeper league.

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
SC for me too, tho I could live with it if the vote went to UF.

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
SC for me but I'm not overly fussed either way

currymunchers

Premiership Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
Melbourne
@doddy2731 I was in the draft section but still couldn't seem to get it. Have you managed to actually create a keeper draft league?

Seems like people would be happy to do a SC keeper league so maybe we go with that unless anyone has any objections. Speak now or forever hold your peace!

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
As already indicated above, I would prefer a SC league but would settle for UF if SC too hard.

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
I'm pretty sure I'd be keen, but I have no idea what a keeper league is! Is it to do with SC draft?

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
I'm pretty sure I'd be keen, but I have no idea what a keeper league is! Is it to do with SC draft?
From what I understand it is related to SC draft but you play over a number of seasons not just 1.

@currymunchers I was just in the draft section and when you create a private league, you have the option of creating a keeper league.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Yeah i think we stick with SC, i havn't started a league yet lets see how many coaches we have then well kick it off.

@Dino your spot on, you have the optionto keep your list each year rather than starting from scratch.

Not to be rude but if you are not willing to stick it out for the long haul please don't join.

What do you say give it a couple of weeks tally up numbers and we set one up?

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
But if you keep your list each year, no two teams can have the same player still is that right? So it's basically like a dynasty or gm mode in a sport game where you start the season with the same list that you ended the previous year with?

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
The league as a whole can choose how many players to keep from year to year. The usual is about 12-14.
It means that each year's draft has some significance - not just for choosing the right rookies but "break-out" players as well.
I've had a look at the SC draft and I don't like it as much as the UF platform.
I may be wrong but there appears to be only room for 4 emergencies in the SC. Last year in UF I had one week where I had 7 first-choice players out injured. In an SC keeper league that would mean that I would either be forced to trade out at least 3 players or accept 3 donuts for that week.
In UF there are far more options available as to line-up and emergencies plus bench players (not available in SC),
In the DT Shiva format, for example, there is a 5-7-1-5-1 structure with 5 emergencies and 3 reserve/bench players. I like having the extra non-playing players as it really helps with LTIs.
So although I prefer the SC scoring system I much prefer the UF draft platform.

Reactions: doddy2731

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Sounds good count me in! Would prefer SC but happy to do UF if that's the way we decide to go

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Hate to be a pain but I would withdraw if it was the SC format unless there was a way to account for long-term injuries.
If there was a way to account for these injuries I would be happy to accept the SC limitations but if not......... I have heard that some formats enable a player to go on "injured reserve" where they still belong to the person who drafted them but they can be replaced for the period they are injured by a non-drafted player.
See, the problem is that if I had the squad I had last year I would have had at least 2 players, maybe more, I would have wanted to keep long-term on my emergencies bench for much of the year, e.g. Ablett and Mumford. So whenever a late withdrawal occurred in either my mids or rucks I would have had to wear a donut.
Unfortunately, I have looked at the SC platform and I see no provision for an "injured reserve".

Reactions: Dino

feely22

Feb 13, 2016
Is anyone playing or planning on starting a keeper league? I'm keen on playing.

What are they like?
Is it worth playing?

I'm a bit of a sucker for a dynasty game, i even play all my sports games as dynasty on th PS.

I am keen to join if you still have a spot. i have played the SC draft format with some mates for 5 years now... last year we finally switched to the Keeper mode so this year we keep all of our players from last year. To generate some interest in the draft and give more hope to the cellar dwellers we are making everyone drop at least 6 players from their list. Also we have decided to ban the Essendon 34 for EVER haha, but that rule is just a bit of fun really.

Let me know if any spots left. Cheers.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Alright folks let me know who want's in and we'll get this league set up.
I'll set up a UF draft league if your keen to take part for a few years jot your name down.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
So guys we have some options to consider - do we want a live draft? If so when?
- I'm thinking no more than 8 - 10 teams, thoughts?
- lockouts for line up changes, captain changes etc. Thinking full lockout before round begins.
- position changes through season, or keep from beginning from season. (does reward those who do homework)
- skip bye rounds or play as per usual?
- start scoring from R1
- do we want limits on the number of un owned players through the round or season that can be signed?
- max trades during rounds
- when players are dropped, would we like them as a waiver option ( how many days) or free agent?
- if we go waiver option, would we like teams to automatically go to the bottom or where located on ladder?
- when trading between how long do we review? Lets have it as a coaches vote to keep it fair.
- thinking we impose a trade deadline, if we have a 2 day review period thinking Wednesday would be cut-off.
- depending how many coaches we have will dictate line-up numbers. Thinking of 1 emrg each line. But how many
players for those lines? Thinking a 4,5,1,4,type look on field, how many bench players per team thoughts?
- emergencies only cover the line chosen, and how much game time before emergency cut-off?
I personally like this option, stops those games where early injuries effect the match, TOG 20-30%thoughts?
- also can select how we score the league, see below so we can all have our say on the options.

These are the more detailed options for the league that really need everyone's input, reply to this post and let me know what your thinking. If you have any questions about anything shoot me a message and I will answer it the best I can. Just remember we really would like active coaches for the long haul, if it's not you please don't sign up. I think this will be the start of a really competitive and fun new option for the community.

Cheers Doddy.

Draft scoring.JPG

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Count me in! Never played draft before so happy with whatever rules are decided :)