Keeper league.

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
I'm in mate. Full lockout, skip byes, waiver 2 days, 1 day trade review, 4-5-1-4 looks good, a few on the bench helps I reckon, 1 E per line @ 30%...scoring as they suggest...hope this helps decisions! Draft as close to the season as possible too, just not on the Sunday night (I've already got a draft that night!).

Reactions: doddy2731

feely22

Feb 13, 2016
So guys we have some options to consider - do we want a live draft? If so when?
- I'm thinking no more than 8 - 10 teams, thoughts?
- lockouts for line up changes, captain changes etc. Thinking full lockout before round begins.
- position changes through season, or keep from beginning from season. (does reward those who do homework)
- skip bye rounds or play as per usual?
- start scoring from R1
- do we want limits on the number of un owned players through the round or season that can be signed?
- max trades during rounds
- when players are dropped, would we like them as a waiver option ( how many days) or free agent?
- if we go waiver option, would we like teams to automatically go to the bottom or where located on ladder?
- when trading between how long do we review? Lets have it as a coaches vote to keep it fair.
- thinking we impose a trade deadline, if we have a 2 day review period thinking Wednesday would be cut-off.
- depending how many coaches we have will dictate line-up numbers. Thinking of 1 emrg each line. But how many
players for those lines? Thinking a 4,5,1,4,type look on field, how many bench players per team thoughts?
- emergencies only cover the line chosen, and how much game time before emergency cut-off?
I personally like this option, stops those games where early injuries effect the match, TOG 20-30%thoughts?
- also can select how we score the league, see below so we can all have our say on the options.

These are the more detailed options for the league that really need everyone's input, reply to this post and let me know what your thinking. If you have any questions about anything shoot me a message and I will answer it the best I can. Just remember we really would like active coaches for the long haul, if it's not you please don't sign up. I think this will be the start of a really competitive and fun new option for the community.

Cheers Doddy.

View attachment 200

I am keen to jump in a keeper style draft league with a few keen fantasy heads.
My two cents below but i'm pretty flexible with rules etc...
- I like the full Lockout prior to each round.
- Use Pre season player positions for entire year.
- IF we have 10 teams we could play each other twice if we play through the byes, IF 8 perhaps we can skip the byes. In short i think this decision depends on the league size
- No restrictions on trades or signings
- 2 day waiver for dropped players and 2 day for trade review. I like your idea of a trade deadline midweek
- Is there points for contested marks? so many cheap marks, it's a shame if contested are scored the same. Also it would be good to score contested possies and clearance perhaps?

Cheers mate
Feely22 (long suffering Dees fan pumped for the HoGun / Petraccattack / Prime Angus era)

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
This format is solely possession based, efficiency is not in the points system unless you pay $40 to upgrade to Stats Plus, where you have the option to change it. I'm not to fussed regarding efficiency I have my SC team for that. Anyone else have concerns about the scoring system?

Reactions: feely22

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Geez they dont make it easy do they.

This is my input for what it's worth.

~ No more than 10 teams and run a live draft. Anymore than 10 and a live draft can take a few hours to complete. Live draft is a lot of fun. I don't
care when it is. Just give everyone plenty of notice and they should all be there.
~ Full lockout before round starts sound like a good change we are used to.
~ Doesn't worry me if we skip or play bye rounds.
~ Definitely keep the positions the same. Not a fan of position changes.
~Yeah start scoring from rd 1.
~ I like the 4, 5, 1, 4 formation. 1 bench/emerg player per line.
~ Doesn't worry me regarding the rest of the options. Will gladly run with what the majority think.
~ Scoring system you have listed is fine.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Good on ya, Doddy! I'm in.

Happy with 10 teams, play through byes so we can play each team twice, live draft.
If 2 teams finish with equal number of wins then team with highest points for is ranked higher - basically because it shows which is the better team and you can't control the points against. (Also helps offset the impact of the byes.)

Happy with the basic DT style scoring. But NO captains with double scores - Disable Captains option in Scoring menu.

4-5-1-4 structure sounds good. 4 emergencies which are position specific, i.e. back for back etc. Yep, keep positions the same - don't like mids suddenly becoming backs. Emergency to cover non-playing players only, not empty line-up slot.

Need a bench - I prefer 4 on it. It means that with LTIs you can park a player for the year and not worry about losing them or scoring donuts because you have too many injuries. Would mean 22 players all up. Keep say 11?, 12?, into next year?

Happy with first game of the round for sign/delist changes but prefer first Saturday game of the round for line-up lock-out because for Thursday night games we don't know all the Sunday team lists.

Draft time? not Sunday 13th March midday-6.00 or Sunday 20th 7.00 -> as I have 2 other live drafts on then. Any other time will suit. Even Sunday 20th at midday.

Last edited:

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Never thought of that one thanks Rupert good get!
If we have a first-game Saturday line-up lock-out then I think we must have the emergency cover non-playing players only
and not empty slots.
In my previous draft years, people have put Friday night game players in the emergency positions and if they have scored well
have used those scores. Having to play a player in that slot on-field cuts down on this tactic.
I don't like the tactic: players are drafted specifically for that Friday night game and then dropped immediately.

feely22

Feb 13, 2016
This format is solely possession based, efficiency is not in the points system unless you pay $40 to upgrade to Stats Plus, where you have the option to change it. I'm not to fussed regarding efficiency I have my SC team for that. Anyone else have concerns about the scoring system?

no problems, just a suggestion. Happy with the points system you have listed rather than fork out $40.

currymunchers

Premiership Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
Melbourne
Think I'm more keen on doing an SC keeper league. I get why people would prefer UF given the flexibility with injuries etc. but I just prefer the SC scoring system myself. Anyone else keen to do one as well? My mate is doing one at the moment where everyone has 24 hours to make their pick, but obviously most picks go a lot quicker so there shouldn't be any time issues. I'd be happy to set up a league if others were keen on both UF and SC. Perhaps get it started some time next week if we can muster up a group of 8 or so. Let me know if you're keen and I can get some details going.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
OK doddy - Cavalier Roundhead is in.

A couple of points:
Position changes: Allow in-season updates - I'm happy to play with the updates but I would prefer none
Max Acquisitions: "none per season" and "unlimited" per week. Does this mean we can't swap out a player for an unsigned player before the 1st rnd but can afterwards? Why not have "unlimited per season"?

Thanks mate, really do appreciate you willing to do this.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
OK doddy - Cavalier Roundhead is in.

A couple of points:
Position changes: Allow in-season updates - I'm happy to play with the updates but I would prefer none
Max Acquisitions: "none per season" and "unlimited" per week. Does this mean we can't swap out a player for an unsigned player before the 1st rnd but can afterwards? Why not have "unlimited per season"?

Thanks mate, really do appreciate you willing to do this.

To be honest Rupert I have only set-up the league and changed some of the info just to get people in and signed up. I will go through the setting of the league soon and fine tune the details. Cheers for jumping on board should be a bit of fun.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
To be honest Rupert I have only set-up the league and changed some of the info just to get people in and signed up. I will go through the setting of the league soon and fine tune the details. Cheers for jumping on board should be a bit of fun.
All good doddy.
Sorry if I'm being a pain.

Brky

Aspiring Coach
Jun 12, 2015
Is there still spots available for this. I'd be interested. No such thing as too much fantasy for me.

feely22

Feb 13, 2016
How do we feel about a Friday night live draft guys? Anyone busy or working on the 18th March?

I already have a live draft on that night for my SC draft keeper league so i can't make it doddy. No dramas though mate, ill sit out. it's too hard to suit everyone.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I already have a live draft on that night for my SC draft keeper league so i can't make it doddy. No dramas though mate, ill sit out. it's too hard to suit everyone.

No dramas you don't want to set - up an auto pick? Then you can still be part of the league.

Is there still spots available for this. I'd be interested. No such thing as too much fantasy for me.

Yeah mate still spots, as long as your going to be a keen and ongoing coach your more than welcome to join.