Keeper league.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Is anyone playing or planning on starting a keeper league? I'm keen on playing.

What are they like?
Is it worth playing?

I'm a bit of a sucker for a dynasty game, i even play all my sports games as dynasty on th PS.

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Is anyone playing or planning on starting a keeper league? I'm keen on playing.

What are they like?
Is it worth playing?

I'm a bit of a sucker for a dynasty game, i even play all my sports games as dynasty on th PS.
I've never played one but would definitely be keen to join in!

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Sweet, I suppose we need to make sure we can get numbers and also coaches that will be in it for the long haul.
I guess we just get word out see who maybe interested and go from there.
I think ultimate footy do a keeper set-up, you may know of others but it's as good a place to start as any.

Reactions: TwentyThree

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
So folks most formats are opening soon and i'm looling at starting a keeper league. Usure of how it works? There is link in this thread that explains it. Basicly if you enjoy the draft style format and spew at the end of the year that you have ro start again, this option lets you keep your list or your chosen few you want to keep for the next. Trade, de-list and sign free agents as normal but with that extra perk of knowing you have the choice of keeping your stars.
Looking for coaches that wont become ghosts and willing to stick around for a while, if you interested drop your name down.
Cheers

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
I'm interested, doddy.
Already had a taste of the Ultimate Footy draft system with DTShiva and would really like to be in a keeper league - as long as everyone is dedicated.

You realize that UF is a DT scoring system? I would prefer an SC one if possible but from rumour UF has the best draft system available.

Last edited:

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I'm interested, doddy.
Already had a taste of the Ultimate Footy draft system with DTShiva and would really like to be in a keeper league - as long as everyone is dedicated.

Yeah that's the real kicker, need to find a core group willing to do the time.

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
I'm keen, Doddy.

I'm crappy at the draft format but it's so much fun.

M-Town Ballers

Patron '18
Aug 3, 2015
Sweet, I suppose we need to make sure we can get numbers and also coaches that will be in it for the long haul.
I guess we just get word out see who maybe interested and go from there.
I think ultimate footy do a keeper set-up, you may know of others but it's as good a place to start as any.

Would love to join a SC keeper league
Definatly will be active in trying to trade between coaches

currymunchers

Premiership Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
Melbourne
Supposedly you can do a supercoach draft keeper league. Anyone know about this? Would love to do that if it exists. Don't have access to supercoach on the work computers as it's classified as a game and it's a pain in the ass to navigate the sc website on a phone so I'll have a look tonight and see what the go is. Was absolutely shattered when I found out sc was blocked at work. Needless to say I'm handing in my resignation at the end of the month ;)

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Supposedly you can do a supercoach draft keeper league. Anyone know about this? Would love to do that if it exists. Don't have access to supercoach on the work computers as it's classified as a game and it's a pain in the ass to navigate the sc website on a phone so I'll have a look tonight and see what the go is. Was absolutely shattered when I found out sc was blocked at work. Needless to say I'm handing in my resignation at the end of the month ;)

I feel your pain mate, although I can get on the SC site I work in the same office as my boss so makes it hard to get on!
I have had a quick squiz on the SC site regarding a keeper league but couldn't find anything. But hey I had a bloke look (that what I hear from the missus all the time)

currymunchers

Premiership Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
Melbourne
Just had a look and there's a setting that says "keeper league" but I can't work out how to actually change it to "yes". When you go to set up a public league, it has the keeper setting but you can't change it. When you change it to private you can change the settings but then the keeper option disappears! Not sure what the go is there.
Guess the first thing I should be asking is would everyone be more keen to do a supercoach keeper league rather than UF? I for one would much prefer to do a supercoach keeper league but if others are more keen for UF then I'm happy to do that as well. If everyone's keen for supercoach then I can do some digging and try and get it set up

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Ok coaches, I've been doping some investigating and there is an option for a keeper league in the SC draft.
We can have from 4-18 teams. So question is like @currymunchers has said do we want to go SC or UF?
Once we have that all sorted we can all put our heads together and sort out the rules and options for the comp.
So over to you which way we leaning? I put a vote in for SC but totally happy for UF.

Reactions: currymunchers