Defenders 2016

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Does Murphys (terrible) injury benefit another Doggies defender from a SC perspective? Boyd?

Probably not. May hurt JJ though. One less running option for opponents to shut down.

Feeling like NOT trading JJ in last week might pay off though I did have him in my team for most of the week. Thank god for reverse trade function!

Reactions: cactus

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Trying to limit iffy trades this season, so tell me if this makes no sense... But with Murphy going down and now JJ as well is Biggs a legitimate option? always looks good when he plays, great kick to handball ratio, already scoring well though significantly poorer record in losses, Hunter Biggs Suckling and Boyd were the highest disposal getters for the WBs (with JJ on track to be right up there too and most weeks this seqson it's been similar with defenders racking them up, feels almost silly to not have a Doggie defender in my back line.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Trying to limit iffy trades this season, so tell me if this makes no sense... But with Murphy going down and now JJ as well is Biggs a legitimate option? always looks good when he plays, great kick to handball ratio, already scoring well though significantly poorer record in losses, Hunter Biggs Suckling and Boyd were the highest disposal getters for the WBs (with JJ on track to be right up there too and most weeks this seqson it's been similar with defenders racking them up, feels almost silly to not have a Doggie defender in my back line.
Yeah I think he's pretty solid to average 95ish... But personally I'd be trading JJ to Byrne-Jones, then trading Papley to Zach Merrett type player

If you have Merrett then Dahlhaus, Martin, Montagna, Hall (Who I think are all solid to average 105+).. With so many defender rookies I'd be taking advantage of that and grabbing one of the high end forwards

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Yeah I think he's pretty solid to average 95ish... But personally I'd be trading JJ to Byrne-Jones, then trading Papley to Zach Merrett type player

If you have Merrett then Dahlhaus, Martin, Montagna, Hall (Who I think are all solid to average 105+).. With so many defender rookies I'd be taking advantage of that and grabbing one of the high end forwards

So more important in your mind to get the FWDs right first as they score a bit higher yeah? makes sense, I don't have Merrett but feel I've missed the boat there & Martin will be 510K in a couple weeks maybe less so will wait on him, Joey is the one i'm looking closest at ut di feel he's probably 30k more than i'd like to spend on a FWD.

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
What's the go with KKolo?? I got him in expecting a certain 90+ average but so far been given 4 70's and a 113. I have seen very little of GC's games this year, has his role changed to last year or is he just not performing?

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
What's the go with KKolo?? I got him in expecting a certain 90+ average but so far been given 4 70's and a 113. I have seen very little of GC's games this year, has his role changed to last year or is he just not performing?

He's not in the best form but did have an interrupted pre-season, his role hasn't changed much though was playing a bit deeper last 2 weeks with GCs outs, I think he turns it around from here personally.

Reactions: TomCat

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I think the expectation of a 90+ average was where you went wrong. I see a lot of GC and he's a very good player. My concerns this year were interrupted preseason, a fitter Malceski and the incoming Rosa. Add in less mid/wing time also than he got last year with more of the GC midfield back in. Even if he did improve he's so damaging that if he gets plenty of ball he's also going to cop plenty of attention to go with it and probably doesn't have the attributes/experience to work through that yet.

Love the kid and he'll probably push up to a 100 average in a couple of years as he improves his game. But can't see him topping the 90 this year and he probably needs to go 95 to be a really top pick. Persist with him though, GC getting more injuries and maybe change of game plan might give him more scoring opportunities. But, I think he might be a year or two away from being a good premium defender for SC.

Reactions: Steve

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Enright will be cheap soon after a 50 on the weekend, had the rest in round 4, he's one who I'd be willing to pick up cheap... Doesn't really work with my byes that well though

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Question without notice: which defensive rookies would you cull and which hold til your last upgrade or possibly keep for bench cover?

Dea - I've already culled
DBJ - probably on the chopping block for me this week but has shown a very pleasing capacity to hit 100 ... could easily see him coming good again and being the best of the bunch.
Weitering - I'm still holding him. Has already dropped in price so I'll continue to hold and see if he comes back up.
Adams - front runner for last upgrade / bench cover if I do trash DBJ this week.
Tippa - keeps producing. Won't get rid of him this week as he has more money to make. Will probably cull when he maxes out.
Brown - hope he can make a bit more for me before I cull.

Job security seems good on all these guys ... hard to pick which to flick and which to keep.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Question without notice: which defensive rookies would you cull and which hold til your last upgrade or possibly keep for bench cover?

Dea - I've already culled
DBJ - probably on the chopping block for me this week but has shown a very pleasing capacity to hit 100 ... could easily see him coming good again and being the best of the bunch.
Weitering - I'm still holding him. Has already dropped in price so I'll continue to hold and see if he comes back up.
Adams - front runner for last upgrade / bench cover if I do trash DBJ this week.
Tippa - keeps producing. Won't get rid of him this week as he has more money to make. Will probably cull when he maxes out.
Brown - hope he can make a bit more for me before I cull.

Job security seems good on all these guys ... hard to pick which to flick and which to keep.
I think Dea, Adams, Tippa have claims to be last DEF trade. I only have Adams out of those and will try to keep him if possible as bench cover.
The others should be culled when they have peaked in value. I will hold Brown and try to trade him around the byes.

DBJ out for me this week.

Reactions: cactus

alrighty then

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 30, 2015
I think Dea, Adams, Tippa have claims to be last DEF trade. I only have Adams out of those and will try to keep him if possible as bench cover.
The others should be culled when they have peaked in value. I will hold Brown and try to trade him around the byes.

DBJ out for me this week.
I feel as though Brown has hit his peak. Unless he has a monster game of course. But i think him and DBJ are in the same boat with regards to when to move them on. Leaning towards Brown this week so that I can use the loophole to get the better of the rookie scores on field (bloody Laird out agaainnnn)

Reactions: Dino and cactus

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
I feel as though Brown has hit his peak. Unless he has a monster game of course. But i think him and DBJ are in the same boat with regards to when to move them on. Leaning towards Brown this week so that I can use the loophole to get the better of the rookie scores on field (bloody Laird out agaainnnn)
6 to 1, 1/2 dozen the other. Yeah both are in the same boat. Either is ready to be culled. Only reason I am keeping Brown is that the DPP link is very helpful for my team.

alrighty then

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 30, 2015
6 to 1, 1/2 dozen the other. Yeah both are in the same boat. Either is ready to be culled. Only reason I am keeping Brown is that the DPP link is very helpful for my team.
I suppose I could add Hartley to that mix. May be worth getting rid of him to keep Brown's DPP and DBJ's higher ceiling

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
I have Shaw, Boyd, Simpson, McGovern, Rich, Walla, DBJ and Dea

Trading out Dea for either Docherty, Gibson or Rance?

Can i have Docherty and Simpson in the same team or do i go Gibson or Rance?

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I have Shaw, Boyd, Simpson, McGovern, Rich, Walla, DBJ and Dea

Trading out Dea for either Docherty, Gibson or Rance?

Can i have Docherty and Simpson in the same team or do i go Gibson or Rance?

I don't think they affect each others scores that much, way Bolton play the halfbacks just rack it up, even Byrne has joined in.

Reactions: Prospector

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
I've got Docherty and Simpson. Their scoring so far says yes you can have both of them. Blues have Brisbane then St.Kilda before their bye which I don't mind either.

Reactions: Prospector

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Call me crazy but I thought I saw some signs that Kolo was starting oi come good on Saturday night going to be keeping a close eye on him, soon as i see his kicking come good I think i'll jump on, but I think taking a few overhead marks in those horrendous conditions is a good start.,

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Call me crazy but I thought I saw some signs that Kolo was starting oi come good on Saturday night going to be keeping a close eye on him, soon as i see his kicking come good I think i'll jump on, but I think taking a few overhead marks in those horrendous conditions is a good start.,
Will be interesting to see if McKenzie coming back has any effect on his output.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Is Tom Lee a good chance to hold his spot in the Saints team with Goddard going down??

Thinking of doubling down in the backs this week

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Is Tom Lee a good chance to hold his spot in the Saints team with Goddard going down??

Thinking of doubling down in the backs this week
I'm very very strongly considering bringing him in for Brown. Ideally he plays through the byes and then his job is done.