Defenders 2016

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
@thejuddernaut I reckon it's a HUGE stretch for Shaw to average 15 ppg more than the next best defender.... But he doesn't have to do that to be a good pick. I'm gambling against him & praying I can have him cheaper later. Decided I wanted to invest the coin in my midfield. Shaw will be quite popular though so it's a gamble either way.

Keffa its not that i think he is in the class of the uber prem mids but his opposition in the backline with a lot of the mpps gone (gibbs, mitchell, etc) will come down to probably boyd (as a veteran would be managed at times i expect), the key possie players ie rance, macdonald, gibson who have very high ceilings but will a) be required to do a shut down job only at some stages, b) for boyd and gibbo they will play in some big wins where def scores may be on the low side and c) his durability recently has been exceptional especially compared to gibbo and boyd. Anyway the beauty of differing opinions just hope he doesnt spud it up today and make my disertation look like a pile of pelican poop.

Reactions: Prospector

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
KK late withdrawal with illness

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Shaw looking to hit a target next week. Worst ive seen him kick ever but kudos to the demons as it seemed they pressured at all times and made the giants rush while reacting. Gunna be a hard tipping season me thinks.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Shaw looking to hit a target next week. Worst ive seen him kick ever but kudos to the demons as it seemed they pressured at all times and made the giants rush while reacting. Gunna be a hard tipping season me thinks.

It was kinda comical, he had some shockers but he was unlucky too 3-4 times he did his kick to himself pump it long to a pack thing and a Dee would just pluck it from no where.

On a different day he'd knock out a 130 with that many disposals

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
It was kinda comical, he had some shockers but he was unlucky too 3-4 times he did his kick to himself pump it long to a pack thing and a Dee would just pluck it from no where.

On a different day he'd knock out a 130 with that many disposals
Loved the soccer windy with slip onto his posterior - very elegant as the Shaws can be.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Got myself in a little bit of Pickle, I thought Cowan would make the 22 especially after hearing he didn't play the VFL practice match yesterday but evidently he hasn't made the cut... So options...

I have Adams on the bench he can be flicked on field for Cowan and at least I would have a scorer & either keep Cowan and hope he plays next week or trade down to a rookie who i hope will play next week for one of the teams that hasnt played yet,

Other option would be to go Bartel to Suckling & Cowan to E McKenzie, Bartel to Sheridan & Cowan to Harwood, Bartel to Johanisen & Cowan to Nelson.

Johanisen and Bartel have been fighting for that spot in my team all summer so wouldn't be too concerned with that trade but Nelson doesn't inspire much.

20min to make a decision :eek:

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
@Tevez17 If Cowan didn't play yesterday I think he has a chance at being a late call up tomorrow. Regardless of this I would go with keeping him and have Adams on the field as I really don't like any of your other options.

Even if Cowan doesn't get the call up tomorrow I still think he has a good chance of getting a game soon - I mean seriously how talented are the three Cats emergency this week?

Reactions: Steve and Tevez17

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
@Tevez17 If Cowan didn't play yesterday I think he has a chance at being a late call up tomorrow. Regardless of this I would go with keeping him and have Adams on the field as I really don't like any of your other options.

Even if Cowan doesn't get the call up tomorrow I still think he has a good chance of getting a game soon - I mean seriously how talented are the three Cats emergency this week?

Does seem the safest way to go just the 155k on the bench not making anything that worries me,

Seems odds on tKersten out Menzel in next week, some talent in reserve for a change.

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Does seem the safest way to go just the 155k on the bench not making anything that worries me,

Seems odds on tKersten out Menzel in next week, some talent in reserve for a change.

I agree that it's a lot of money on the bench but at least this way if he doesn't get a game in the next couple of weeks you get to choose who the best replacement is rather than making a rash decision.

I'm shattered that Menz didn't make the team. How many years does a girl have to wait to see this guy play again? :(

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I agree that it's a lot of money on the bench but at least this way if he doesn't get a game in the next couple of weeks you get to choose who the best replacement is rather than making a rash decision.

I'm shattered that Menz didn't make the team. How many years does a girl have to wait to see this guy play again? :(

Not sure I could take seeing him run around the MCG against the Hawks would be in a constant state of terror seeing him twist and turn.

Reactions: Steve and TomCat

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Not sure I could take seeing him run around the MCG against the Hawks would be in a constant state of terror seeing him twist and turn.

I'm pretty sure that's why Scott didn't select him.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
It would be completely unfair to cop an injury forced trade first up round 1. Unpleasant memories of last year. I've heard AC joint but might be just a knock ...

Was a feature oh his time in my team last season loves getting injured in game then getting up for the next week.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Just as bad as Port in the first half. It seemed like every clearance kick went to space for a Saints player to run on to or a Saints player to mark.

Shaw will be tested against the cats though

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
It might sound stupid after only scoring 70 including -4 in the last QTR but I'm more confident on JJ being a top 10 defender than I was before the hawks game, If the opportunity arises I'll be looking to get him in, but would have to be this week would want him for the next 4 games at Etihad.

Reactions: Steve

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I got him in knowing he would have a down week but was happy to go without a few points so I got him in at his cheapest price. He should rip it up the next few weeks and even if he does taper off, he should be good for D5 or 6 at that price.

Reactions: Dino and Prospector

Machineman

Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Mar 10, 2016
Does Murphys (terrible) injury benefit another Doggies defender from a SC perspective? Boyd?