Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Anyone like Horlin-Smith? Rookie price at $234k. Great JLT numbers and seems to have taken over the Caddy role. With a severe shortage of genuine rookies he could be worth a look.
There's definitely a space to be filled with that type of player... Just keep in mind that Scooter isn't far off coming back into the side (theyre being overly cautious with him but he will play early), and Guthrie was also missing for 2 of the 3 JLT games. He can only play as a pure mid, hes not quick enough to play forward or back. Geelongs midfield bats pretty deep with those second tier players - Guthrie, Duncan, Menegola, Blicavs, S. Selwood, add the likes of Lang, Cowan and Murdoch along with Danger and Jelwood and its a pretty tight midfield to get into. There's 10 midfielders... I can't see him being best 22 unless Scooter or Menegola are injured for an extended period.

Tman048

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 6, 2015
There's definitely a space to be filled with that type of player... Just keep in mind that Scooter isn't far off coming back into the side (theyre being overly cautious with him but he will play early), and Guthrie was also missing for 2 of the 3 JLT games. He can only play as a pure mid, hes not quick enough to play forward or back. Geelongs midfield bats pretty deep with those second tier players - Guthrie, Duncan, Menegola, Blicavs, S. Selwood, add the likes of Lang, Cowan and Murdoch along with Danger and Jelwood and its a pretty tight midfield to get into. There's 10 midfielders... I can't see him being best 22 unless Scooter or Menegola are injured for an extended period.
Thanks Steve
Good advice. Geelong midfield not my special subject.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Do you think the current residents would agree to rename their state Richmond?
good news as far as rookies go but havent the tiges debuted a rookie fwd that doesnt score well in the first year for the last couple of years?

Reactions: AlLewis

AlLewis

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 16, 2017
Anyone like Horlin-Smith? Rookie price at $234k. Great JLT numbers and seems to have taken over the Caddy role. With a severe shortage of genuine rookies he could be worth a look.

I had him in my team and then my brother kinda talked me out of it (not deliberately). Job security might be an issue and it's a big spend for someone who might be in and out... Big upside potential though...

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I'm unsure about Butler as I think the tigers have a few interchangeable players up forward. He's got good pace though so if he can lay a few tackles and pressure acts a game he may be a viable option...

Unsure...
Butler's been on the list for a couple of years already which I like. He is a real small forward so could very easily score poorly and not make much money. If you think the Tiges are going to go badly this year Butler might be a pretty poor pick. Carlton R1, Collingwood R2, WCE at the MCG R3, and Brisbane at the Gabba R4. After that our draw starts to look fairly tough. The fact that they've named him for a debut this far out gives a bit of confidence. He's just on the edge of my side at the moment. No way an I putting him on the field.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Butler's been on the list for a couple of years already which I like. He is a real small forward so could very easily score poorly and not make much money. If you think the Tiges are going to go badly this year Butler might be a pretty poor pick. Carlton R1, Collingwood R2, WCE at the MCG R3, and Brisbane at the Gabba R4. After that our draw starts to look fairly tough. The fact that they've named him for a debut this far out gives a bit of confidence. He's just on the edge of my side at the moment. No way an I putting him on the field.
Except for R1 vs Carlton. I might put him on the field for that.

AlLewis

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 16, 2017

That draw isn't too bad. 4 good rounds (WCE will be tough) might be enough to justify having him...

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I've been slowly coming around to the 200kish rookies, where most are talking about Marchbank and Taranto I feel the very best one is being overlooked and that's Witts I guess it's pretty tricky as you don't want 217K sitting on the bench and most arnt game to start him on field but as far as scoring potential and JS goes he's right at the top of the pile for me, I've recently dumped Taranto for Turner, Turner's JS is rock solid and he looks fine to average 65, Florent is another I've got me eye on I think there's a spot in the team for him for 4-6 weeks at least and he's so classy I think he can keep a few older blokes out.

AlLewis

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 16, 2017
I've been slowly coming around to the 200kish rookies, where most are talking about Marchbank and Taranto I feel the very best one is being overlooked and that's Witts I guess it's pretty tricky as you don't want 217K sitting on the bench and most arnt game to start him on field but as far as scoring potential and JS goes he's right at the top of the pile for me, I've recently dumped Taranto for Turner, Turner's JS is rock solid and he looks fine to average 65, Florent is another I've got me eye on I think there's a spot in the team for him for 4-6 weeks at least and he's so classy I think he can keep a few older blokes out.

I've had similar thoughts on Florent. There are plenty of spots available at the moment and it looks like his decision making is instinctive, which isn't the case with some of the other players vying for the spots (Dean Towers...). He is light weight and his disposal efficiency wasn't great at times in the JLT but I'd like to get him in my team as the swans will win games and he should get 5-6 games in early on.

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
Simpkin or turner or neither ?

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015
Simpkin or turner or neither ?

I'm not touching both mate. Did have Turner for abit but honestly can't see any difference with him and a rookie that's 50-60k cheaper.

Reactions: Brad

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Petrevski-Seton and Macreadie set to debut for the Blues tomorrow night. Won't be touching Macreadie as he is a KPD and I'd say his JS is iffy. SPS on the other hand is very tempting, from all reports a very classy kid in a Shaun Burgoyne mould. If he stays healthy his JS should be sound. I am considering him over Florent

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Petrevski-Seton and Macreadie set to debut for the Blues tomorrow night. Won't be touching Macreadie as he is a KPD and I'd say his JS is iffy. SPS on the other hand is very tempting, from all reports a very classy kid in a Shaun Burgoyne mould. If he stays healthy his JS should be sound. I am considering him over Florent
Agree with Macreadie. SPS is interesting, the Blues are obviously keen on him to give him a game after no JLT games. Not sure if he played VFL, would assume so. Tempting....