2017 Rookies

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
@Benj I've been keeping my eye on Newman for a couple of years and I'll probably pick him up when he's on the bubble if Hibberd still isn't getting games.

I don't know anything about Hayward, what's the go with him?

Reactions: Tandy and Benj

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
@Benj I've been keeping my eye on Newman for a couple of years and I'll probably pick him up when he's on the bubble if Hibberd still isn't getting games.

Medium-sized forward from SA, pick 21 in the 2016 draft. Think he kicked a bag of 7 in the SANFL junior finals. Beautiful kick. Probably getting a game earlier than expected but looked good last night.

Reactions: Tandy and Benj

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London

We're playing him earlier than we normally would but with all our injuries it's been necessary. He's come in for Towers who has had plenty of opportunities and hasn't been able to hold his spot so I think Hayward stays for now. He's got a slight frame but has pace and is a beautiful kick. But his best trait seems to be his decision making which for young players is golden. He set up one of Buddy's goals today by leaving his man to lay a spoil on the wing and then stayed involved in the play to finish with a goal assist inside forward 50.

Look he's just starting out but if Horse gives him 3 games I'll be picking him.

Ice Cold Beverage

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Jan 24, 2017
Melbourne
We're playing him earlier than we normally would but with all our injuries it's been necessary. He's come in for Towers who has had plenty of opportunities and hasn't been able to hold his spot so I think Hayward stays for now. He's got a slight frame but has pace and is a beautiful kick. But his best trait seems to be his decision making which for young players is golden. He set up one of Buddy's goals today by leaving his man to lay a spoil on the wing and then stayed involved in the play to finish with a goal assist inside forward 50.

Look he's just starting out but if Horse gives him 3 games I'll be picking him.

He looked good didn't he! Along with Florent and Newman (looks to be a beauty) we do have some decent cash cows coming though...

Reactions: Benj

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Who said there weren't any cash cows this year....thanks Swans. Florent, Hayward, Newman and Fox! Hayward and Newman looked particularly good. With all our bloody injuries they should get a good run at it and Foote and Towers were dropped on form which means Horse should give them a decent crack at senior footy. Bad result for us tonight but stoked with how these kids performed under pressure.
Totally agree. The fact the we were leading in the 4th with all those rookies was very pleasing until the umps stepped in

Reactions: Benj