2017 Forward Primos

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Thanks @tabs and @Benj. The knock on him was that he always missed a few games but played the full quota last year. Magnificent sight when in full flight.

It is not so much that I'm short on other lines at the moment it is more I'm short of reserve cash. Only 5K in the bank in the current draft :eek: and that might make things difficult when team sheets are revealed.

I've looked at the byes and I think I can get away with it as long as I'm sensible when I pick my upgrade targets.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
I have been trying to put him in my team for a while now. Maybe if i get Sandi and Witts as my rucks

Reactions: Prospector

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I hear a lot of people saying how Macrae and Dahl are effectively automatic selections, including the boys on the pod. At this stage I have neither.

My rationale is that there is so many Bulldogs going through the mids that I can't see either changing role or increasing scoring. Macrae played a lot of forward and even tagged a few times but mostly he sits on a wing, he gets the pill whenever he is but doesn't do much contested work and therefore his SC scoring is never as good as his AF and I can't see him getting over 100. Dahl is good but doesn't go big often, and again can't see how he goes any better than last year. I can't see how either will hurt me.

The only Bulldog I'm considering is Bont, purely because he's one of the best players in the comp and has a great SC game. Arguably underpriced because he played out of position for the first third of the season. Outside of him, I don't think any other Dog will average over 100 this year because they spread it around so much, similar to the Hawks.

Am I crazy???

mdola2

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '19
Feb 24, 2016
I hear a lot of people saying how Macrae and Dahl are effectively automatic selections, including the boys on the pod. At this stage I have neither.

My rationale is that there is so many Bulldogs going through the mids that I can't see either changing role or increasing scoring. Macrae played a lot of forward and even tagged a few times but mostly he sits on a wing, he gets the pill whenever he is but doesn't do much contested work and therefore his SC scoring is never as good as his AF and I can't see him getting over 100. Dahl is good but doesn't go big often, and again can't see how he goes any better than last year. I can't see how either will hurt me.

The only Bulldog I'm considering is Bont, purely because he's one of the best players in the comp and has a great SC game. Arguably underpriced because he played out of position for the first third of the season. Outside of him, I don't think any other Dog will average over 100 this year because they spread it around so much, similar to the Hawks.

Am I crazy???

Macrae is in that elite club of players who averaged 100 in their second year, and is now in that 80-100 games bracket where you could expect that he is going to get better.
Whilst he did miss 5 or so games last year, Dahlhaus has been pretty durable and his scores are fairly consistent. I think you pick him not with the hope that he's going to improve 5-10 points per game but knowing he will stay around that 95avg range which is perfectly ok for a fwd.
Both are midfielders in the fwd line so are safe picks. That's why most teams will have them, they are safe. I don't think they will hurt you not having them if you want to try something a bit different in the fwd line.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine

Am I crazy???

I don't think your crazy, although i do have Dollhouse. Macrae i just can't get excited about.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I was surprised the boys in the podcast were so keen on Macrae, I just don't see in the Dogs system where the improvement comes from, he can rack them up & can tackle but he just doesn't win that much ball himself, just like Gaff at west coast really good footballer but game just doesn't quite suit SC I don't think.

Dahl can score in whatever role he's in so he's a lock, Macrae is fine if you're happy with a 95ave.

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
I'm really coming around to Tom Lynch as a selection from the start it's just that Bye that's stopping me at his stage.
Same position. Would be locked and loaded... just can't bring myself to take Nankervis over Ryder. Can't have two R9 bye forwards.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
How do you find players selection%? not showing up for me on the SC site.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Caddy is down to about 5% of teams was up around 10% a couple weeks ago I'm tempted to back my gut and pick him ignoring his last pre-season game.

I cannot for the life of me find the guys of the caliber of Merrett, Zorko and Martin this year, picking blokes and hoping they can get to 100ave just doesn't feel right

Reactions: cactus

brenna

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Feb 26, 2016
Caddy is down to about 5% of teams was up around 10% a couple weeks ago I'm tempted to back my gut and pick him ignoring his last pre-season game.

I cannot for the life of me find the guys of the caliber of Merrett, Zorko and Martin this year, picking blokes and hoping they can get to 100ave just doesn't feel right
Same here! I'm struggling bad to choose my forward line! Dollhouse and Nankervis are locked for me but the rest is still up in the air!
I like Roo but risk of injury/rest plus his price is putting me off and then I choose JJK, then I rethink again and put Buddy in and then somehow I'm liking Lynch more than both of them but never liked the idea of a KPF, can't win!

One guy I keep going back too is Steele but finding it hard to get the structure right with him and also can he be a keeper? no point picking him if he can't be!

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong

You remember what Caddy was like for us, right? 1 dominant game when you think "finally!", followed by 5 mediocre games, then a couple of weeks off with a niggly injury. Not going anywhere near him.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
You remember what Caddy was like for us, right? 1 dominant game when you think "finally!", followed by 5 mediocre games, then a couple of weeks off with a niggly injury. Not going anywhere near him.

The niggly injury stuff I agree with but I thought he found a bit more consistency last season when he played and if he can combine that with more mid time he has proven he has a SC game. That being said he's a some way from my team at 488k

Reactions: cactus and Steve

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
The niggly injury stuff I agree with but I thought he found a bit more consistency last season when he played and if he can combine that with more mid time he has proven he has a SC game. That being said he's a some way from my team at 488k
I coming back to Caddy a bit. I want one more primo forward and after the two Dogs boys I just can't settle on anyone.