2017 Forward Primos

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Early days - prices have been out for ages - but SuperCoach site not yet open unless you had a gold subscription last year. Still the addiction is strong so here goes:

Dahlhaus - looks a solid 1st pick in the forward line
Macrae - looks a petty good 2nd pick

Those two look the clear top picks to me. After that the options fall away fairly quickly.

Nick Riewoldt - high priced and degenerative knees but should range up the wing again which is pretty good for S/C scores
Lids - old man injuries over the last couple of years a concern. On the plus side he won't be playing for the frankly incompetent Tigers any more.
Buddy - looks a pretty descent starting prospect given forwards look a bit weaker this year than some years
Heaney - plenty of buzz around about this bloke being the big breakout candidate.

Other options:
JJK
Lynch (GCS)
Jack Reiwoldt
Toby Greene
Touk Millar
Caddy
Ryder
Chad
The Hoff

Reactions: tiltraise

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Early days - prices have been out for ages - but SuperCoach site not yet open unless you had a gold subscription last year. Still the addiction is strong so here goes:

Dahlhaus - looks a solid 1st pick in the forward line
Macrae - looks a petty good 2nd pick

Those two look the clear top picks to me. After that the options fall away fairly quickly.

Nick Riewoldt - high priced and degenerative knees but should range up the wing again which is pretty good for S/C scores
Lids - old man injuries over the last couple of years a concern. On the plus side he won't be playing for the frankly incompetent Tigers any more.
Buddy - looks a pretty descent starting prospect given forwards look a bit weaker this year than some years
Heaney - plenty of buzz around about this bloke being the big breakout candidate.

Other options:
JJK
Lynch (GCS)
Jack Reiwoldt
Toby Greene
Touk Millar
Caddy
Ryder
Chad
The Hoff
Like Dahl, always have. Macrae promised enough to tempt me last year, but I'm glad I stayed away. Maybe this year?
Agree that Buddy could be a good start, would like to look into Heaney carefully if there's buzz about.
As to the rest, I think JJK should continue to be a good option, and I like the look of Ryder as R/F. Could easily be a big year for the Touk Touk!

Just my 2 cents worth, going on no real paper data.

Reactions: cactus

jester5au

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
May 1, 2015
Like Dahl, always have. Macrae promised enough to tempt me last year, but I'm glad I stayed away. Maybe this year?
Agree that Buddy could be a good start, would like to look into Heaney carefully if there's buzz about.
As to the rest, I think JJK should continue to be a good option, and I like the look of Ryder as R/F. Could easily be a big year for the Touk Touk!

Just my 2 cents worth, going on no real paper data.

I like touk too. Just hard to see where the gc points will go. Gaz Barlow Hanley swallow etc. if they can all stay on the Park I think they will do better then most think.

I'd look at lynch as younger option to roo although he will more than likely be released from the forward line to a more permanent wing role now with the likes of McCartin. Bruce membrey and the forwards they drafted occupying the fwd line.

Reactions: cactus

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I think most forward lines are going to be pretty similar in regards to the premiums at the start of the season, so I think what may set them apart is the value picks and rookies.

I can see Cameron Ellis-Yolmen being one that can go for a minimum 85 average. He will be one that benefits from Scott Thompson taking a step back and blooding youth through the middle at the Crows.

Jeremy Cameron is another that we know can go large with a 143 last year but was quite inconsistent. In his 6th year now 24yrs old I can see him taking the next step, last 2 yrs gone an avg of 74 & 71, it wouldn't be stretch to see him go 90 this year in my opinion.

Another rookie from left of centre i'll be keeping an eye on over the pre-season is Aaron Black at the Cats (previously NM).

Anyway that's my 2 bobs worth's, cant wait for the footy to kick off.

Reactions: Steve

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Higgins (only if completes a full pre-season) is priced at about an 80 average, he's capable of hitting 95 again, will have plenty of responsibility at North now.

I'm finding it really hard to go past Ryder I can't see him not going at around the 100 mark as Port's no.1 ruck and having him sitting in the Fwd line makes me feel more comfortable about starting with Sandilands..

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Higgins (only if completes a full pre-season) is priced at about an 80 average, he's capable of hitting 95 again, will have plenty of responsibility at North now.

I'm finding it really hard to go past Ryder I can't see him not going at around the 100 mark as Port's no.1 ruck and having him sitting in the Fwd line makes me feel more comfortable about starting with Sandilands..

I'm with you on Ryder, and a real handy back up if (in my case) your value/risk R2 doesn't work out.

Reactions: the cranky one

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I think most forward lines are going to be pretty similar in regards to the premiums at the start of the season, so I think what may set them apart is the value picks and rookies.

I can see Cameron Ellis-Yolmen being one that can go for a minimum 85 average. He will be one that benefits from Scott Thompson taking a step back and blooding youth through the middle at the Crows.

Jeremy Cameron is another that we know can go large with a 143 last year but was quite inconsistent. In his 6th year now 24yrs old I can see him taking the next step, last 2 yrs gone an avg of 74 & 71, it wouldn't be stretch to see him go 90 this year in my opinion.

Another rookie from left of centre i'll be keeping an eye on over the pre-season is Aaron Black at the Cats (previously NM).

Anyway that's my 2 bobs worth's, cant wait for the footy to kick off.
Watching Black very carefully. Could be a perfect F7.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Dissapointed about the lack of options up forward this year compared to previous years I could just settle on two premo and a midpricer

That's exactly how my forward line is looking at the moment, and my 2 premos are actually key position players and Ryder @F3 as cover. I am also seriously thinking of running with 2 midricers down there that I think are really worth a punt on (pending what form and roll they seem to have in the PS).

Jan 28, 2017
That's exactly how my forward line is looking at the moment, and my 2 premos are actually key position players and Ryder @F3 as cover. I am also seriously thinking of running with 2 midricers down there that I think are really worth a punt on (pending what form and roll they seem to have in the PS).
Let me guess lynch/franklin I got Ryder as f3 but don't know if I should take the risk on heeney if he can take the next step this year or touk

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Surely Dahlhaus is a lock?? He's hitting his peak at 25, will spend a heap of time in the mids and probably average 1.5 goals a game. Surely short priced favourite to be No.1 scoring forward!

Reactions: TomCat and cactus

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Surely Dahlhaus is a lock?? He's hitting his peak at 25, will spend a heap of time in the mids and probably average 1.5 goals a game. Surely short priced favourite to be No.1 scoring forward!
I tend to agree. Dollhouse and Macrae were my first two picked.

I do think there is a good chance of some of the KPF being top six this year (Lynch, Buddy, JJK) but because they tend to have higher ceilings and lower floors than the M/F types there seems more chance to pick them up at a discount, maybe? Has anyone had a look at the fixture to see which KPF have a good run early?

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I tend to agree. Dollhouse and Macrae were my first two picked.

I do think there is a good chance of some of the KPF being top six this year (Lynch, Buddy, JJK) but because they tend to have higher ceilings and lower floors than the M/F types there seems more chance to pick them up at a discount, maybe? Has anyone had a look at the fixture to see which KPF have a good run early?

WC have a great run into the byes, JJK should be considered.

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Dahldog, JaxDog or CalebDog?

I might take one, but I feel the others will always be ready to take over given any drop in form or injury!

All you Doggie fans, this is your opportunity to wax lyrical on the skills in your team!

Reactions: doddy2731