2017 Forward Primos

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I'm not sold on Macrae.
His DT/SC ratio is always bad, so he either doesn't have an SC game or he's not loved by CD: 63.5/61.4; 104.4/100.1; 104.6/99.9; 98.8/94.1
Compare this to Dahlhaus over the same period: 70.3/79.0; 87.2/91.7; 97.6/104.5; 92.3/95.7.

For mine, Dahlhaus is the better choice.
I agree Dollhouse is the clear first choice but the DT/SC ratio and handball to kick ratios don't put me off Macrae. As a young midfielder available in the forward line I think he's still a strong pick despite these factors. What is the bottom end of what you think he'll average (as long as he doesn't get injured)?

Reactions: M4TT B8S

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
I agree Dollhouse is the clear first choice but the DT/SC ratio and handball to kick ratios don't put me off Macrae. As a young midfielder available in the forward line I think he's still a strong pick despite these factors. What is the bottom end of what you think he'll average (as long as he doesn't get injured)?
Prolly much the same as last year. Still a likely top-10 fwd but not necessarily top-6.
His best DT numbers came when he spent most of his time on the wing and as an outside on-baller. Under Beveridge he has increasingly spent more time as a HFF - sometimes, but rarely, in the pocket - which affects his output.
Beveridge rotated 13 players through the mid-fwd spots last year. Bont spent the most time as a mid and he only spent 70% there. With the development of the younger players - Dale, Daniel, Dunkley, McLean - all of whom have played 2 seasons or less, I can't see Macrae getting more mid-field time than last year. I can see him getting less.

On the plus side I think his KE is on the up - no proof, just my impression - which helps in SC.

Last edited:

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Caddy had a 30 odd point couple of possessions in the last quarter which has inflated his score a bit but still liked his role looks fit and ready to go, still very much on my watch list, reading around the different forums a lot of people weren't happy with it.

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
i mean, as you see in my sig - I'm kinda scared about taking any of them, as they will be rotated through positions and share the points around ...

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Caddy had a 30 odd point couple of possessions in the last quarter which has inflated his score a bit but still liked his role looks fit and ready to go, still very much on my watch list, reading around the different forums a lot of people weren't happy with it.
Had him locked since my first draft and saw nothing to change that last night. I was actually worried that his ownership would double after last nights game but if people are talking him down then that makes me happy.

moosey

6-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
Think I might start JJK this year!
Is one of the top overall total points fwds the last 3 years which just cant be ignored!

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
Had him locked since my first draft and saw nothing to change that last night. I was actually worried that his ownership would double after last nights game but if people are talking him down then that makes me happy.
100% agree, he looks quite at home at the Tigers. Never reached his full potential hopefully he can do that at the Tiges

Reactions: cactus

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
Thinking I might swap Mcrae for roughy at the moment will free me up enough cash to have beams instead of Jom